Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A Brave New World

Breathe in.

Breathe out.

Kyra stared out of the viewing port with wide eyes, her hands fidgeting at her side. Her ship was making its way down toward the Palace, and as each second ticked by she could feel her nerves begin to peak. When was the last time she had seen anything like this? Possibly Firemane... But that was a lifetime ago, long before Jakku.

Trepidation took a hold. Her eyes closed for a moment. It's okay Kai, just pretend it's sand, pretend it's durasteel, anything... The masquerade was a little while ago now, and she was back to her junker self. Which meant that the gown was gone, replaced by trousers and a vest top. Her hair was tied back, and though she had just gotten out of the refresher it somehow still looked a little oil streaked.

She caught sight of her own reflection for a moment and could not help but grimace. Would Junko even recognize her as the same woman from the dance? Would she turn her away?

Only one way to find out.

When her ship finally touched down and the ramp lowered Kyra walked out into the hangar and glanced around. No doubt there would be guards on hand, this place seemed pretty fancy. Too fancy.

What the hell was Kyra Sol of all people doing here?

[member='Junko Ike']

[member="Kyra Sol"]

The ball had been a lovely place and Junko had with all of it learned a great deal about some of the people. There was a look on her face while she was looking at some of the things all around her. The landing pad was made for private encounters as the jedi princess stood there in the robes. They were gleaming from the vine silk and the aurodium stitching. Some in her hair piece that she was wearing along with the gemstones and crystals, all adding to her beauty now that the things she had gotten from the cosmetics company when she used the barest amount of the perfume. Sitting there on the shelf when she used the smallest drop to go behind her ears and under her throat.

"You look very nice princess and your guest is here." She offered a small smile being very firmly dressed in the robes while looking out past her garden down to the pathway leading towards the landing pad. While she dind't get to have the grand display coming from going up the steps leading here there was the chance to still see the over handing gardens that marked the path. Coming off of her garden where it over flowed and the small waterfall showed going down the rest of the mountain. You might get a little water from mist on you but it was a sight to behold and the Yovshin were there looking things over. They protected the palace along with the more elite marked ones over the garden.

Junko could see them leading the way for Kyra with a politeness towards the large chambers. The throne room of the palace was massive and usually filled with people when Junko was looking over the different things. She was prepared for all of it and walking now from her garden into the palace to go and meet Kyra she made sure she looked prime and regal for everything without a piece going out of place. "Welcome.... welcome to my home.... ah hey you welcome to my place" Yeah she needed to think of something cool and charming to say, you needed to be like that and impressive... Hmm though Kyra had seemed more down to the ground and more pretty because she wasn't trying to be something else.... Things to think about.

Breaaatheee

Why was it so difficult to breathe?

Maybe it was the heat of the world? Oh who was she kidding, she had survived the sweltering temperatures of Jakku, this was nothing. She stuffed her hands into her pockets and inhaled for a moment. From behind her Kyne, her Kath Hound, came running down the ramp and all but knocked her down. To this she tssk'd and shoo'd him back aboard the ship.

"Not now, pup. I don't know if you'd be welcome. I'll be back soon, I promise." With a gentle kiss atop the pup's head, she gave a wave of her hand and the poor thing strolled back up the ramp ... No doubt to loll about on Kyra's bed until she returned.

Moments later one of the silent guards reached her, and she followed after him - her? Kyra couldn't tell what with their current get up - as he led the way. She whistled just a touch as she stepped from the shadow of the hangar to view the palace and its gardens in all its splendor, before that too was lost to her vision.

"Nice place you got here" she remarked to nobody in particular, not yet close enough to Junko for it to be directed at her. Naturally she got just silence from the guard, but that didn't bother her. "No wonder that silk dress was so beautiful... Must've cost an arm and a leg, but I guess an arm and a leg is nothing when you live in a place like this..."

Still mumbling to herself, Kyra hadn't even noticed that they'd entered a throne room. Her eyes were soaking in every last detail.

[member="Junko Ike"]

[member="Kyra Sol"]

The throne room was large and massive JUnko had taken her seat, the raised platform aurodium with bone carved steps, jewels and crystals encrusted into it as it went up to her seat an uncomfortable looking throne that was large. It was letting her get a good place where she could look down at everything there when she saw Kyra enter the room and rose up. Standing tall and ready for anything with her finest smile on her face at the excitement and she needed to make sure this was the moment where she said the coolest thing.. the sauve welcome that would make the woman weak in the knees and wanting to go head over heels in lust for her.

"Hi... welcome." Junko looked at her and she paused not being able to think of more as she was internally screaming at herself unable to think of a cool line. Something like hey baby were your parents retarded cause you sure look special.... O my god she was saying it in her head and she was internally mortified when she walked down the steps gliding for a moment to go and see the woman with a smile on her face. SHe might be rich... a princess and proper but she was kind of terrible at the whole thing by herself when she usually relied on the splendor of where she was to get by. There was a look on some more of the things there when she was being careful.

"I hope you found everything well enough."

As her gaze sunk lower to take in the furniture which adorned the room, she could not help but full on gawp in the direction of the throne. She didn't even see Junko in that moment, just the strange seat which sat foreboding above everything else. It was rather imposing.

"That's one hell of a seat" she muttered, raising a brow. Just how big must the person who sat upon it have been? A giant! Had to be a gian---

As Junko rose from the seat Kyra could not help but gasp. Junko sat there? But she was no giant! In fact the woman was rather petite... So why the need for such a gigantic chair?

"Hey there" she said, still in a weird state of... shock? Confusion? Uncertainty? Who knew... Certainly not Kai. She took a few steps forward as Junko descended the dais steps, taking in her appearance in one fell swoop of her eyes. As splendid and beautiful as the ball. That made Kyra feel dreadfully underdressed and, well, rather unsightly. Stood there in her work clothes! Full of oil and...

She blinked a few times, feeling her insecurities bubble up within her before she could stop them. The next few words from her mouth were almost meek, as though spoken by a sandrat.

"Yes, ma'am, it wasn't too difficult to find..."

Snap out of it, Kai. Who cares what you look like? This is how you always look! Don't even think about changing yourself for everybody else.

She seemed to straighten up then, regaining some of her confidence.

"Nice place you have here."

[member="Junko Ike"]

[member="Kyra Sol"]

Junko was looking at her with a nod of her head, the woman looked great in that outfit when she offered a hand to her presenting what they had to go with. "Thank you, I have been working to restore all of it and develop a number of new sections. The village down the mountain has even started being rebuilt into something nice now." She said it while walking and there was a lot there while she moved with some of her attention on the very large wall ways. They had set up a number of statues, some murals on the walls and Junko presented more of it while she ws walking through. "The palace is old from the first real rulers of this planet, the history isn't much but we have managed to make it a place the jedi can stay and rest on their way through the forest in the valley." Junko looked at her prepared to work on more of it to try and get that pretty look on her face of amazement. "You look very beautiful, more so in your own element."

As Junko spoke, and offered a hand to Kai - which, of course, she took - she could not help but glance around in further awe. Just how long had this project taken? How many hands had helped to raise fallen pillars, and unearth treasures previously lost to the earth around them? The very thought of it made her head spin.

"You've done a great job with the renovations, I can't tell where the ancient structure ends and the recent fixes begin."

They had halted before a wall which framed various sculptures and statues, and Kyra took the moment to study each one individually. To see what they were, what they had been built for... Most things were symbolic, after all, right? Especially when they came from so far in the past.

Junko's remark caught her off guard. A slight redness appeared in her cheeks, flushed and flustered, as she turned her head to peer upon the short Atrisian.

"I've always preferred to be myself, though I must admit that hiding that during the masquerade was... fun."

[member="Junko Ike"]

[member="Kyra Sol"]

Hmmm fun huh. Junko looking at everything when she was walking and going through the halls out into the massive garden. Statues, trees and the view looking out from the valley to the lake and the mountains themselves were giving a whole lot of beauty. She turned to look back at her offering a smile and raised eyebrow. "Well should you ever feel the want to play dress up again. You can join me here, I have a number of outfits you could try on and wear." She said it with a sly grin on her face while she stood there. "I am more then certain you'd look amazing in some of the outfits or I could model them for you." She presented more of the garden as the swimming/pond area was there. Sticking with it where the small fish were swimming in it, their different colors in the light, the cherry trees in different shades of pink and purple and statues of different women carved from Hijarna stone and detailed so you could also see their faces. Junko was leading the way over a small bridge that divided the swimming pool from the pond as droids were cleaning on the one side.

She found herself led away from the gargantuan throne, which had looked even greater in the presence of the small woman who sat upon it, and out into the gardens. Truly they were a sight capable of stopping anyone's breath even if only for a moment. Framed against the mountains, evergreen. It reminded her somewhat of Sarkany, though there were not really other places that were luscious that she had known.

Now stood within so picturesque a setting, Kyra turned her sights back to the crowning glory of this travel so far and smiled at the Atrisian. An expression which only grew into a cheeky grin the more the woman spoke. What was it about Junko that brought her out of her shell? Kyra could not say.

"I did enjoy making an effort for once" she admitted, "though you look just as splendid today as you did then. As though you are glowing."

Ethereal. That was the word for it. But Kyra had already been waffling on, and she did not wish to monopolize the conversation. Especially given that this was not her home.

"I'm sure you could make any outfit you wore look as though it were a gift from the Force itself, whether you purposely modeled them or not."

Another sheepish smile played over her lips, as she regarded the woman fondly.

Then onward they wandered, through gardens which seemed to stretch on infinitely. All manner of new sights and sounds greeted her, so much so that just like on Sarkany she found herself feeling somewhat overwhelmed. The fish, moreso than anything else, caught her eye, and she stared at them dumbfounded.

Her feet moved in unison with Junko, yet she remained on autopilot with her head turned in the direction of the pond. Finally she snapped her attention back, leaving the curious little creatures to swim in peace.

"I have no words for the beauty of your home, Lady Junko. Truly, you are blessed. I have known little more than urban sprawl and wastelands, this is a welcome reprieve."

[member="Junko Ike"]

[member="Kyra Sol"]

Junko was practically blushing at the compliments as they were walking. There was something to be heard about modesty and a jedi should have the control for it but you also wanted to be careful not to go overboard... all of the time. A little something something here she could go with getting a smile here in the garden. Oh she had so many ideas of what she would want to do and how this could go... a million ideas playing across her mind in her head with the span of a small heartbeat. Junko was leading the way through the area though as she saw Kyra looking at the fish with a small grin on her face. "If you want I can get you an aquarium for your ship. We could get you some fish and an automated feeder." She said it and could think about it and what they might be able to do with it, making some tanks for fish would be a nice little thing to have in the temples, relax and jedi and padawans or on the ships. Hmm she might have to think about it when she moved around in the garden and went to a small bench to sit down.

Stood there, amidst all the water and the... fishes... Kyra could very vividly recall the first time she had witnessed such peculiar things. Back on Sark', with Connor. The poor fool had taken it upon himself to teach her to swim. That planet had been her first real steps into a lush landscape, and she had been dumbfounded and awestruck... And a little bit terrified.

It was the fish which had amused her the most, and confused Connor. Apparently such things were common knowledge. Not to this Junker!

So it was that she could only smile meekly to Junko's offer. She could only presume that an aquarium was somewhere to keep fish. Imagine that, fish of her own! Oh that would drive Kyne crazy... She grinned at the thought, before turning back to Junko.

"I wouldn't know what to do with them, how did yours get to be so big?"

The ones they'd spotted on Sark had been no longer than her finger. These were significantly larger than that!

[member="Junko Ike"]

[member="Kyra Sol"]

Hahaha Junko was looking at her and everything they had going on was important to see before she was speaking. Seeing her face. "Well these ones are a different species then some, they grow larger nd can be used for food, others are a lot smaller and more for show or display purposes. There are possibly billions around the entire galaxy of fish people can get and with the correct computer to regulate it the water can be set for them all to live possibly." She knew well a little about fish, mostly she knew how to pay for them while someone who said what would look best said when it was all good. With a look on her face before she was ready for some things. Letting herself relax here though when she pointed out some of the statues that had been set up for the garden, some fo the trees with delicate fruit before she was looking at some of it. The grass that had been set up, the coolness for her wooden sandals when Junko looked at a few other things. "THough for you, having a fish tank can be peaceful in a galaxy where a lot of chaos is going on."

Junko's words had Kyra wondering if she ought laugh or cry. How did the woman read her, and her current life, so effortlessly? Peace and serenity was most certainly something she was aiming for, and had been doing so ever since Connor took her on as his student. Ever since they'd made the promise back on Sark'.

Too long had she wandered in the background, milling from job to job. Hiding from a Galaxy at war. But how could a tank of water birds help combat her internal struggle? They were beautiful to look at, they held grace and elegance... Perhaps there did not have to be some grand reason why. Sometimes simple was best.

Kyra turned back toward the bridge which separated two parts of the luscious gardens, and settled her arms against the wooden rail. Her eyes flicked toward the large fish, which completely dwarfed her only other examples, and she pondered on the implications.

"Billions?"

That wasn't a number she could even begin to picture. It was funny how little thought was put into the bigger picture at times. Beyond all of the wars, the factions, the sentient beings, and the planets... There were so many more things. Species' that she would never, ever come into contact with.

"I wish only that I had seen worlds such as this sooner. Maybe then I'd have known peace."

She looked back to Junko, gesturing with her eyes for the woman to join her. There was no rush, no need to race around the gardens. Sometimes stopping to smell the roses was worth more than seeing a thousand other flowers in passing.

"How do you do it? How do you wake up each morning and make yourself look so flawless? Maintain so elegant an air about yourself? You walk with all the grace and poise of a feline, light on your feet... Surely it must be tiring, to live up to everybody's standards all the time?"

[member="Junko Ike"]

[member="Kyra Sol"]

Joining her as she moved, quickly but without making it appear that she was moving fast. Junko allowed the grace and kimono she was wearing before she looked at Kyra. "Well there is still plenty of time. My ship is always there and I do like going out to explore and travel." She said it with a look on her face though with a supressed smile in what she was thinking about for a way to answer that question. "Well when it comes to the mornings, you'll just have to stick around and fidn out." Junko said it while she was standing there with her before she was walking and getting a lot of chances to show off other things. A small jedi statues where a patch of orchids were growing and she spoke. "These are dangerous and will die if you do not know how to bond with them... but they are highly valued by some. There were some legends that the orchid can grant immortality but no one has actually been able to figure it out. There are some other flowers here on the world but they only grow in the polar regions and bloom every few hundred years."

Adventure would be most welcome. She had found a distinct love of discovering new worlds, new things. Perhaps she would have to snatch Junko from her Palace and explore. No fancy ship, though. No, the Princess would have to try roughing it for once. The 'Bucket would be easier to get around than anything she might have in her arsenal.

For now though she would focus on the present. Not that she could make much sense of it. Stick around and find out? Was Junko inviting her to stay the night? She raised a slender brow, and could not help but smirk. "I didn't plan to spend the night, Princess. I'd be entirely out of place inside your home."

She had already felt bad enough stepping where she had. As though each movement she made sullied the beautiful building.

Not that she was against staying the night, of course.

Then Junko was off again, eager to show Kyra more. Well Kyra was most definitely happy to follow, and learn. Staring at the various wildflowers which were growing, the scents were to die for.

"They are beautiful. I would not want to pluck them to find out."

Immortality was overrated anyway. Who wanted to live endless years of war?

[member="Junko Ike"]

[member="Kyra Sol"]

Junko was looking at her with a grin on her face while they were all moving in now. here. "Well I think we could make it look nice with you here." Junko said it offering a small grin though while she was standing there and looking up at Kyra as she had a small grin on her face. Eyes flicking back and forth before she looked in the garde and there was a great deal that she could go around and show off but she didn't need to keep trying to impress her. Junko needed to just reach back and think about it as she was well a princess and while she was nervous here she was looking at what they might have going on.

She was not completely certain about it, she was not completely sure of what might be happening here but Kyra seemed to be coy in some ways. She seemed to be something of an anomaly compared though since she wasn't looking at what Junko could do for her credit wise. Nor was she just wanting to get close for some sort of royal title. That was somehow a lot more endearing and made her want to do more things for her though it also made it all seem like a better place to try and be to help her out while she continued to look up at her. "So what would you like to do? We have beauty here but there is of so much."

Junko didn't need to move yet, the sounds of her guards who were going around everywhere with a look on her face hearing them. All of her guards and soldiers who were prepared there to keep her nice and safe. With the rest of the time that they could have for themselves around here it would all look out until she was going over to look at some of the scenery around them. Junko stepped a little to the side though offering her arm. At the least she could get that and guide her around. Maybe get a little something hot into her at the kitchen with some nice food. Then yeah convince her she only makes this place more beautiful.

Coy was not exactly the right word. Kai spoke truthfully, having little time to bat around the bush, but her words were entirely innocent. She had not the mind to lead someone on, to vie for their attention. For years now she had remained very aloof in terms of feelings. She had plenty of emotions, that was true, many of which were not the most positive, but actual feelings toward another?

That was something she'd never really explored. Her only gauge was a messed up past, and whatever it was she felt toward Connor. Conflicted, to say the least, because with Connor it had never gone anywhere. He clearly did not feel the same way.

Of course Kyra had no idea what was going on inside Junko's mind. She innocently walked alongside the Princess in complete and obvious awe, perplexed by the beauty which was present all around. Her naivety was present within her eyes, everything here was fresh and new, even when compared to Sarkany.

"I fear that my leathers are entirely out of place here, I doubt that even as sharp an eye as yours could make this" she gestured to herself "fit into that" she gestured lazily to the Palace, with a slight wince... Before doing her best to smile it off. It was fine, Kyra had no doubts about her own normalcy. She was okay with being plain, and at times out of place.

Junko asked her what it was she wanted to do. Truth be told, Kyra had no idea what there was to do. She had come here to spend time with the Princess from the Masquerade, truth be told she had never expected Junko to come through on the invitation to meet again. It was all very much a surprise to her, one she still hadn't fully wrapped her head around.

Why me?

"What would you recommend, Princess?" Every sight, every sound, every scent, was a wonder to behold. She could have spent all day stood among the wildlife, but if Junko had other things in mind then she was more than willing to give it a try.

[member="Junko Ike"]

[member="Kyra Sol"]

She was looking at her with a small look. The leathers were not something she was against but perhaps she was correct. It wasn't always easy but there was bound to be a way they could bring the girl around and have some fun. With a small grin on her face as she raised her eyebrows for a moment. This was all looking very much like a situation she was uncertain how to get out of the rabbit hole with. The jedi princess though was enjoying all of it though when she entered into the large room. The stone walls were inlaid with aurodium and jewels displaying the murals before she stood there. "Well I think there is always a place for leather to be used and we can do oh so many things." She said it standing there before a small section of the wall spun around to reveal bottles and small trinkets. "For what we should be able to do around here. I do have quite a lot of things here. For entertainment, for excitement and of course there is always the tried and true places you can fall back on. Food and waiting fro night to gaze at the stars."

What Junko meant in reference to the leather Kyra did not know. In a world of silk, and sheer fabrics, the likes of Kyra stuck out like a sore thumb, and to most it would seem rude of her to come dressed this way at all. But she had, because she was not dressed to impress. She didn't care if they noticed her at all.

She had been led back inside, and the high-vaulted ceilings kept the same airy feel as the exterior of the Palace. It was refreshing when compared to the cramped quarters of a starship. When the wall span to reveal strange vials, and other such trinkets, Kyra raised a brow in wonder. Just what were those things?

"I trust your judgement on what we can do, Princess, although I do love to stargaze." Her eyes fell back to Junko, a slight frown evident on her face. "Forgive me, but is there somewhere I can freshen up?" Okay so maybe she did feel completely out of place, and maybe it was playing on her mind. A quick trip back to her ship could no doubt be afforded, so that she could grab something a little less common to wear. She had to have something among her belongings.

[member="Junko Ike"]

[member="Kyra Sol"]

Junko was looking at her and what best to call the perfumes and for the most part make up. She had that wonderful custom solari makeup that she could and did wear. It was just something that sadly didn't have the effect she wanted it to have. She had been wanting it to make something a lightsider could wear and it would protect possibly from the darksiders. She would have to work with others maybe to try and get some more advanced versions of it with the new ways they were possibly able to do things. Junko was looking at Kyra and she pointed towards one fo the doors leading the way. "It is a little messy but you can go in here." Junko was looking at her and offered a smile while she was letting her hair down to go and see around here while things were being set up for her to change from the more formal into a casual outfit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom