Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A Bounty To End An Ancient Alliance

It was already night when Layla was lying in her cell. Being as bored as one could be, she was simply throwing a ball against the wall and caught it when it'd bounce back. Her eyes quickly caught a glimpse of multiple people coming towards her cell in the darkness. She slowly rose from her cell before she turned towards the see-through celldoor with her hands behind her back.
The men weren't on watch, that she was sure of, so what were they doing here at this hour?
The woman stepped towards the celldoor and let her hand run along the door. "I can see you," Layla spoke loudly," anything wrong?"
She could see the men froze in place as they heard her. The group then split up, half remained where they were and the rest continued their approach. "Amdis, you're awake. Good", said one of the men. "That'll facilitate things"
Layla simply remained silent as the men now turned on the lights surrounding her cell- after all, Layla could see in the darkness perfectly fine, but not the men, the needed light.
Layla squinted her eyes because of the sudden lights that activated around her. "Thanks for the heads up", she mumbled.
"Don't be so sensitive, light is one of the least troubles you have"
The woman's eyes lit up as she retorted, "And why would that be, lieutenant?", with extra emphasis on 'lieutenant'.
The man chuckled while he spread his arms. "Look around you, dear Amdis. We've grown so much. I've heard that when you where created here, our gang consisted of a mere five people- and look at us now! Twenty men, standing right in front of you, and we are but one per cent of our entire force. We're an army! Worthy of Omega!" As he spoke these words his soldiers cheered loudly.
Layla however, remained silent, skeptical about why Ionas and the rest were here. Normally they didn't even talk to her, and now they sought her in the middle of the night? "Don't forget the reason why Omega has grown so much, Ionas", she replied, clearly meaning herself.
"Oh I won't," he immediate returned," we won't. We will remember you Amdis. For your part in our wars, your service- and for the following, which will make us rich"
When the man received nothing but a stare from Layla he continued. "You see, we've been in the Vault of Creators"
Layla rose an eyebrow, had he been there? That vault was filled with object and written works made by the ones who took her in and nurtured her. The Vault was a homage to the creators and sacred -and forbidden- ground. "You were not allowed to be there and you know it"
"Perhaps," Ionas interrupted," but we're all happy we did. You see, in that Vault we found books and notes, all very interesting. One book in particular, it was a sort of...note. According to the title and info, one of the creators wrote this down about you. It describes some warnings the people who our creators stole you from gave them"
Family being a very delicate subject for Layla, she immediately retorted violently, "I was an orphan, done. They took me in. Done. Nothing else to speak about"
The man chuckled again before he leaned back and told the others something Layla couldn't quite understand. The others then nodded and walked away. How odd.
Now it was just Ionas and Layla.
"It mentions your name, and here's the funny thing-"
"I know my own name, nek!"
"Sorenn. Sorenn-Syrush", the man spoke loudly, his voice overwhelming Layla's. "I'm sure you knew your first name, Layla"
"That's Amdis for you, child", she spat back.
"But your last name, they kept it hidden from you. Says it right here: 'Keep last name hidden. Make girl feel we are true family.' These words don't lie, Amdis"
The woman scoffed and shook her head. "So why are you here? Huh? Just to tell me my name? Because that name means absolutely nothing to me, you hear? Nothing"
The man nodded as he started to walk back and forth slightly. "We've kept you closed off from outside news for a reason, Amdis", his voice was more serious all of a sudden. "Apparently, there quite a few more of your name. And they really pissed some people off. Especially this leader type, Amelia Sorenn-Syrush. Apparently she pretty well known.
You see, she made some folks so angry that right now, as we speak, a combined bounty of over two million credits is placed on anyone of the Sorenn-Syrush house."
So that was why he was here. Layla immediately marched to the door so she stood as close to the man as she could, her eyes burning into his as she spoke, "And what does that mean, lieutenant? I have nothing to do with them- and you know it."
The man stepped back while he kept looking at Layla, in the back a few men already came running back- and they were armed. No doubt the group that had left them earlier went to fetch weapons.

Ionas pushed a button and immediately Layla cell door flung open.

"Anyone of the house Sorenn-Syrush, Amdis, anyone. That includes you. Now please, just stand still: we'll give you an honorable death."

Layla slowly stepped out of her cell, eyes filled with rage. "There is not a trace of honor left in your blood, Ionas. Nowhere in this place is any honor left. You're a disgrace to your heritage!"

The man shook his head. "Lets get rich", he mumbled as he gave the signal to fire. Just when he did however, Layla ducked to the ground with inhuman speed as a volley of shots rushed over her and she then disappeared by darting into another hallway.
"Really?", the man shouted as he turned around to face his soldier. "No-one bloody hit her? No-one?! Are we blind? Get after her!"

Layla was long gone however, and the base was big. She probably be able to escape this place, her..home. Filled with anger she rushed towards the special armory. She had to get her stuff before she could leave. She had to.
Making sure to stay hidden from sight, she managed to reach the armory- and by surprise nobody seemed to be guarding it. Layla slipped inside and immediately went over to her own armor set, accompanied by a set of knives.

"Knew you'd come back here"
A heavy voice broke the silence and just before Layla could grab her equipment, she was forced to let herself fall to the ground. By doing so she just managed to dodge the swing of a sword. Behind her stood Thorn, who never had been fond of her anyway. Without giving him time to swing again she kicked him in the stomach before quickly getting up. "Don't test me", she snarled. "I've walked amongst your ancestors. I was there when you were born. I know everything about you: how you think, how you fight, everything"
The man didn't move a hair until he replied, "And in the end I carry a sword- and you are unarmed"
Having said this he swung again, just barely missing the woman who had just jumped aside. The woman landed a punch on him, but in return for her cockiness the man found an opening and swung the sword from above right at her face. Too late to dodge it, Layla just managed to stop the blade with her hand. The metal was burning into her skin and her body, which was trying to heal itself, entangled in a desperate fight against the blade. "I can keep this up all day", the man spat at the woman. "You're unarmed, give up and receive a quick death, creature!"
Creature. Oh he shouldn't have said that. For he was right, Layla was different than him. And therefore she definitely wasn't unarmed.
The last thing the man saw was Layla flashing her fangs before she pushed the man aside and bit him. The man stumbled back with his hands over the wound, screaming in pain. Layla simply walked over to the sword which he had dropped, picked it up and held it firmly. "Here is your 'unarmed'", she spat as she lunged the sword forward and into the man stomach. His body fell on the ground as he made a few more noises before he became silent.
Shaking her head, Layla grabbed her things and left the armory.

Leaving the base itself wasn't hard: because the gang always wanted to be able to keep an eye out, the building was filled with windows in the parts which weren't underground. By the time she had reached the upper levels, Ionas' men were already searching everywhere, but there was no stopping her with so many windows and vents around.

The woman quickly left the building through a particular spot she had used many times before in secret and found herself on a strange planet.
Luckily for her, no-one knew her and no-one had heard of her yet. So for now, she should be okay. But how long it would take before Omega would tell the world how Layla looked, she didn't know. All she know was she needed to hurry. And think of a plan.

And she had one- a name.
[member="Amelia Sorenn-Syrush"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom