Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A bot, a box, and a fox

"Ace, you mind bringing up the info on our client?" Vulpesen's head turned to the wolf as he spoke. Even after all these years, e hadn't shaken the habit. It wasn't that he had forgotten that Ace understood his thoughts perfectly well. No, it was more likely he forwent telepathy just to hear himself talk. After the request, he heard skittering and typing as Ace hopped from key to key before Ultimatum's face and profile appeared. Of those Vulpesen had met, this would be one of the more unique encounters. "And how the hell did he end up with a holocron, and what does he need one for?" He gave a small shrug and slid his ship through the planet's atmosphere after getting their clearance codes. In reality, it didn't matter where this client got the holocron or what he wanted done with it. What mettered to Vulpesen was getting the shared secrets that it held.

[member="Ultimatum"]

Ultimatum had been overjoyed when he had had a reply to his discreet request on the HoloNet. He had had a Holocron for quite sometime now, basically keeping it as a paperweight in his work station while he tried to find someone who knew how to work one. He had found that most Holocrons could only be accessed by Force users, a fact that made it somewhat difficult for him to do anything with it. The only thing he knew of it was whose Holocron it was. Darth Nox, a powerful Sith Lord from millennia ago. He had won the device in an auction some time ago and had kept his ownership mostly hidden.

Now though, someone else would find it. He hoped that this person would not disappoint. He doubted it. He looked forward to meeting this organic and learning more of him. After all that was the best way to make allies. He had been alerted to arrival of his guest and was awaiting the landing ship. The flight controllers had given him the location of the designated hangar bay and he waited there.

He had spoken to Legion about this organic. His friend droid had not liked the idea of allowing more people to find out about the Holocron, the droid had figured that it would make his master a target. While Ultimatum agreed, he knew that it was better to know what was within the Holocron and then risk having it stolen than to never know and eventually have it disappear.

[member="Vulpesen"]

Vulpesen smiled as he landed and exited his ship, calling Ace to his shoulder. Taking a look around the Hanger, he took a small moment to make sure that there were no traps. Maybe unnecessary given the nature of the visit, and the ten guards that sat in his ship, but one could never be too careful. Making his way towards [member="Ultimatum"] he gave a small bow as way of greeting. "Salutations. I take it you're the one who holds the holocron?"

Ultimatum could understand any uncertainty on his visitor's part, or even the need for security. He had had some run in with lack of security leading to painful consequences. It was unfortunate that organics could not keep the galaxy safe enough for people to travel without fear of someone or other trying to attack them. But then, that was simply the reality in a galaxy commanded by an inefficient species.

Ultimatum bowed in return, he always liked organics who showed respect to those they met. "Greetings. Indeed, and I assume you are the one who wishes to help open it." He motioned to a door which led to a air-conditioned room with several relatively comfortable chairs and a circular table around which the chairs sat. It was a meeting place for the government and foreign dignitaries when time was short. As of yet though, Ultimatum had yet to see use of the room aside form meetings such as these. In the middle of the table sat the holocron.

Ultimatum had done some research on the creator of the holocron. There was little on him, but what there was told Ultimatum that this was an incredibly powerful organic. He also saw that information like this had to be kept relatively secure. He did not intend on allowing the knowledge from this to become public. Darth Nox was too dangerous an organic to have that person's power simply running around.

[member="Vulpesen"]

Vulpesen nodded and stepped to the AI's side. "Vulpesen Torrevaso, at your service." He flashed a smile while his tail swayed under his coat. As they entered the meeting room, he made his way over to the holocron, looking it over before speaking once more. "Did you research the owner? I'd rather have some information before I go opening a pandora's box." He lifted a hand, training the inscriptions on the device.

[member="Ultimatum"]

Ultimatum nodded, the organic was smart and made a wise decision. Ultimatum did not know much of the person who made it, perhaps the organic would due to his more intimate knowledge within the Force. He answered anyways, "Well met, Mr. Torrevaso, I am Ultimatum. Yes I did what searches I could. The person was named Darth Nox. I assume that means that he or she was a Sith, but information on the organic is slim from what I have found. Have you heard of this person?"

He took a seat, motioning for the rest to sit down. At this point there was no reason to stand on ceremony. Better to speak in relative comfort so that the ideas could be given without too much difficulty.

[member="Vulpesen"]

Vulpesen's eyes narrowed and he sat down, looking at the holocron. It was a familiar name, but vaguely so. "Powerful and famous sith. This may not be the best idea." He flashed the droid a smirk. "Then again, I've leaped straight into hell, so I may not have the most sound judgement." He grinned and reached out, focusing himself on the holocron. He felt the coldness of the darkside, but still, he pushed forward into it. "Ready?"

[member="Ultimatum"]

Ultimatum nodded, "Whenever you are." The droid wondered about this. A powerful Sith, brilliant... of course he would purchase of some powerful Sith lord. What sort of dark secrets would be hidden within? Ultimatum would more than likely not have much use for the knowledge gained, being a droid meant that the Force was something unattainable for him. However, the information or history obtained could be useful and perhaps he could pass on some of the rituals to those that he knew could handle the power.

He wondered if this would be a problem for [member="Vulpesen"], if the darkness would push him away or tempt him. Ultimatum did not know the workings of a holocron, he wondered if the device held recordings or almost a part of the person. Would it respond to questions or would it simply follow a preset path of statements.

Vulpesen let out a small sigh. Opening a dark side artifact like this... as a jedi, he'd have sooner destroyed it. But the truth remained, that he was no longer a jedi. He took a seat and reached towards the holocron, both physically and through the force. He felt the darkness, attempting to wrestle him down, pull him away from what light remained in him. Still, he resisted and slowly but surely, the holocron would start to unfold.

(Really sorry for the wait. Muse took a dip due to some rl stuff, but iim getting it back.)

[member="Ultimatum"]

Ultimatum was impressed, he did not really know how difficult it was to open a holocron. He guessed that it was very difficult under most circumstances. He wondered what it was like, to feel the Force and use it. To open such repositories of knowledge was a power that Ultimatum wished he had. Even if the knowledge was of a dark origin, it was worth at least recording it. Ultimatum was unsure of what the final fate of this Holocron would be, it was potentially dangerous. If the Sith that had made this had been as powerful as the reputation made, the information hidden within could be of a most dangerous nature.

As the droid watched, before a holo like image appeared on top of the holocron. It was fairly small, but the power of the dark side could be felt permeated in it. This feeling was lost on the droid who had no connection with the Force and did not have the specific sensors that organics had to such things. The image seemed to focus on [member="Vulpesen"] and appeared to be watching the Force user. The droid was unaware of any communication between the two, but he wondered if perhaps there was some sort of telepathic connection.

"So, another one looking to learn the powers of old. Yes?" The holocron spoke directly to Vulpesen through the Force. There was a droid in the room, but it had not opened the Holocron and neither was it of any consequence.

(It's alright. Things happen and life goes on. Hope you do not mind me trying to play Nox's holocron.)

"Ace, keep a transcript." Given how the communication was given, he didn't know if Ultimatum could listen in, luckily, Ace being mind leaked with Vulpesen, could, no matter the circumstances. Quickly, the ashlan wolf began to leap and skitter across a datapad, typing in the words with his paws and tail. With the records handled, the vitae returns his attention to the figure. "I suppose. Though it all depends on what you have to teach." As far as responses went, it was a neutral one. He didn't need the darkest of arts to be released to the galaxy, no matter how much his contact wished to see them. But still, he wasn't opposed to gleaming new knowledge from the ancients.

[member="Ultimatum"]

Ultimatum watched first the holocron until he noticed Ace moving over the datapad. Ultimatum then turned his attention to that, well that theory was correct evidently. They were communicating in a way that was not verbal and not physical. It was probably the Force, how unfortunate that he could not take part in it. At some point he had thought of trying to put himself into the mind of an organic being, perhaps even a Force sensitive. But, that was a project that took a lot of work and it was still in the initial stages.

The holocron tilted its head almost imperceptively as it responded, "If you found this then you know who I am at the very least. I can teach you of powers that the ancient Sith once mastered. I will teach you what I knew, if you will but ask."

[member="Vulpesen"]

Vulpesen's eyes never left the ancient image, his one mobile ear flicking to point at it despite the fact that the voice was not a normal one. "Powers of the ancient sith..." He took a seat. "I know of many of those. Some, I admit, I do have use of. But I'm afraid that information of you, while known, is still fairly scarce due to the ages. Just what ancient powers are you offering?"

[member="Ultimatum"]

Ultimatum watched the datapad, there was only a minor interest in the abilities. They were different and perhaps they would be helpful to someone he met someday, but he was not overly concerned about the powers of a the Sith Lord. However, he could wait, allow the holocron to speak its peace before different questions were asked. He wondered if a Holocron was a manifestation of a spirit or if it was a recording, or perhaps something in between. Historical documents lacked information on that and so he was unsure.

The Sith smiled before replying, "The ability to call ghosts and bind them to yourself. You gain their strength and they must obey. I can teach you how to harness the Force to create a storm under which no enemy may stand. Then I can show you how to use the Force to siphon your enemy of their life and reinvigorate yourself. These are a few of the things that you may learn with my help."

[member="Vulpesen"]

Vulpesen's tail flicked and he leaned back in his seat. "I may wish to learn the basics of the first, though I've no use for the full technique. The second however, I should very much enjoy learning. As for the last, that is something I am already capable of." His eyes shifted to [member=Ultimatum]. "Despite my interests however, I am not the only one who has use of you. My companion here may also share some questions for you." With that, he stopped speaking, waiting to see if Ultimatum had any requests of his own.

Ultimatum watched the datapad before looking up to [member="Vulpesen"] and the Holocron's image. He spoke politely, still unsure as to the sort of thing he was dealing with, "Thank you. I would be interested in any historical information you may have, governments, events, that sort of thing. If that is not a problem." The droid was wondering what this holocron may know, if anything. He did not know enough about Holocrons to know if they were more often than not kept as simple repositories of Force related knowledge or if they had historical information as well.

The image looked to the droid as if in disbelief. Upon hearing the request the Sith turned his attention back to the Force user. "I can help your friend there. There is much to learn and it will be a long lesson, but if you are both willing to listen then I will speak on it. First though, if you are ready we may begin the first technique." It then seemed to wait for a response.

Vulpesen shook his head and motioned for the droid, leaning back in his seat. "Give him the knowledge you hold. I've more than enough time to go over those abilities." Having an average life span of five-thousand years did that, though thinking about it, he was fairly certain that [member="Ultimatum"] would have just as much, what with him being a droid and all. Still, he was here to help the client.

[member="Ultimatum"]

The droid reread the datapad, well. That was unexpected. It was quite polite and Ultimatum accepted it. He would not object to being given the information now, it was not as if he needed any special recording equipment or needed to prepare for it. He nodded his thanks to [member="Vulpesen"] before turning his attention to the datapad again. As much as he would have liked to have put his focus on the holocron, apparently the being could not communicate in means he understood.

The Sith blinked in some surprise. He had thought a Force user to want to learn quickly. But then again, there could be more going on than he knew. So he began with the beginning of his story. He wove a tale of his time, the Sith Empire's rise and his own coming to power. The tales continued for an hour or so, until at last all he had to say was done. Everything he knew of the time had been passed on, visions, experiences, everything. When he was done, he looked back to the Force user. It was a thoughtful expression. It had been an interesting experience to recount his tales, few had asked for it before and never in full detail.

Ultimatum clasped his hands and smiled his thanks before gesturing for the other two to go ahead. He mulled over the information and began filing it away into appropriate places within his memory.

Vulpesen leaned forward, smiling as he listened to the hologram's tale, every word flowing into his ears. While incapable of storing data like the droid, he still had a mind for learning such histories, and of course, Ace was still there, dancing around the datapad to take down every bit of information that was offered. Once it was all finished, Vulpesen's stretched out a few kricks in his neck, letting out a satisfying pop. "Well, guess its my turn. His tail flicked behind him. "The storm would be a nice addition to my skills."

[member="Ultimatum"]

Ultimatum found the story most interesting, and he slightly looked forward to seeing these abilities in the Force. They were awe-inspiring, though he barely had any reason to learn them. He could not realistically utilize any of the Force knowledge that he gained, however information was information. It was something that could potentially be something important later, but for now it was just words and information that would be saved into a file somewhere in his memory. He would find the information most interesting.

The Sith nodded approvingly as he went on to explain how one would manipulate the Force to create an electrical storm. How to control the power. The ability was not incredibly complex, however it required a strong connection with the Force and more importantly concentration to maintain control over the storm. He explained the dangers, first that losing control was a surefire way of getting oneself killed. The storm could quickly overwhelm most defenses of those that did not keep a sure eye on the power. The Sith had used it sparingly due to the tole that it would take on one's concentration. The channeling of the Force required time, and that left one vulnerable. He further explained that later on he had found the ability much easier to use, having practiced and strengthened his connection with the Force.

[member="Vulpesen"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom