Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A blade for Hire?

Location: [SIZE=10.5pt]Coruscant (Casa la Kass, Penthouse District)[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]Latching the last piece of her dress, Kassanda walked out of her room. “Ma’am, we are going to be late for the gathering.” Her protocol droid, Pip said in his normal worried voice. “We still have quite the ride.” [/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]She turned for a moment and stared. She slipped on the bracelets while thinking to herself. Master, you always love these functions and the fun. Why do I tire of them? She fastens a bulky but eloquent watch. It doubles as a comm sys with a mini-holo projector. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]“I must keep up appearance” She said reluctantly. It had been a nearly a year since her master’s death but the thought still brought her sorrow. Barking an order at the droid to bring her some Corellian Whisky, he quickly returning with a glass and passing it her. She sipped the bitter swill. “Let’s go.” [/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]The hulking Togorian stood. He was dressed nice with blasters strapped to each of his hip and two blades to holster across the back. Quickly moving to his post by her, they mutually bordered the transport. Rex helped her to the seat and grabbed the rail close-by.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]Peering over the edge, she half-listen to the droid discuss the details of the event. The young Miraluka is the owner of a major series of companies on various planets but the corporate office is located on Coruscant. These events happened a lot and she knew the drill as she has been attending them since she was a little girl.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]Easing to a halt, the shuttle moved to dock at the entrance. The docking clamps steadied the shuttle. Rex extended his hand in the Lady direction. She welcomed the gesture and quickly entered the roll of the Lady. Pip move ahead of them to announce the lady’s arrival. She rose and took another sip of her drink. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]Pip said loud, “May I announce the arrival of Lady Kassanda A’lia, Sole Proprietor of Lank-rah Corporation”[/SIZE]

Location: [SIZE=10.5pt]Coruscant (Lank-rah Corporation Function, Penthouse District)[/SIZE]

A light blue scarf was tied around her eyes; she wore her hood down today. She only really wore the hood up when around people she didn’t know. Kassanda was wrapped in a matching blue dress with an open back. The red, blue, black tribal designs decorated her back, arms, and legs. While she was often able to appear social, she never truly felt comfortable in these situations. She met with the normal acquaintances that frequent these events.

The event carried on, the laughter of her top aid often annoyed her but he was good at his job. Ruthless and un-concerning of lives but he held to the rules of the house of A’lia ‘Stay true to the word and contract’. He still did shady deals but he worded them properly. She cared but then on the other hand she ignored his indiscretion. To be honest if it was anyone else, she might have had his position stripped and him casted to a power position. He was loyal and always listened to her words, even as a child before she knew any different. So she returned the respect, and listened to him and respected his word.

Grabbing another drink from the tray of the waiter droid, her vision wavered a little. It felt like a slight tremble in the force and it affected her vision. While blinded because of no eyes, the Miraluka saw through the force. She closed her sense and re-focused the view. The images appear as ghost as they slowly formed into solid objects. When she really focused the objects seem to differ in color, she never saw color but she asked her master about it. Later researching the topic, she found that seeing color and solid object was a rare quality among her people and only a few had the focus needed to do the process. She blamed this focus on her Master.

She noticed a figure phasing in and out of her view. She was un-sure of who they were but intrigued as she had been around plenty of force users and none wield such skill to hide from her.

Jaster rarely visited the metalic world of Coruscant, the rurally world was covered in crime, pollution and often very sickly people. As being the CEO of a Pharmasutical and Bioengineering Company, Jaster hated it all and preferred the openness less developed worlds. Though he had buisness to attend to, forming a bond between his company and that of the Lank-Rah corperation. To do so meant he was to speak with a [member="Cynder"] about a much needed assistance with a matter. The contact was very vague and even less was known about this Cynder person. There was no infermation that Jaster could dig up about this person, she was a ghost in the wind to Jaster who operated in the darkness. The only infermation Jaster was able to retrieve from a dying Rodian Spy in the Sith ranks was that she was once a Sith.

This didn't bother Jaster as he would often work for both sides of the fence. One of the upsides of being a neutral medical provider with top of the line tech. Jaster figured this would have to be an assassination since Sith don't play around, when they wanted favors, it was either the death of someone or allegiance to them. Jaster never liked the last option so he chose the option to hire killers to get the job done.

Jaster sat at a table and waited to see a women wearing a blue blind fold. Jaster found this odd, as wearing a blind fold to a party was something he didn't normally see. The discription was odd but then Jaster skin began shiver, that only meant that a force user was near.

Jaster stood and looked around the party, people everywhere made it difficult though Jaster notice a women in a blue dress and odd colored tattoos. Then he saw the scarf rapped around her eyes, it was of light blue. Considering it wasn't common for most weman to wear this, Jaster took a chance.

Jaster walked up to the women and took notice of her guard, bowing his head he introduced himself. "Hello ma'am, you look ever so beautiful tonight, I am Admiral Jaster Awaud, CEO of the Umbrella Interest Company, I assume you must be Cynder, the reason I am here?"

[member="Jaster of Clan Awaud"]

Lost in thought about the force user, she thought of her Master as he had the ability to conceal his force signature. He never admitted that he was a force sensitive and as far as she could tell he was ashamed of the ability. He seemed to only focus on a single ability and that was to hide his force signature. She smiled when she thought of her Master. Her heart ached.

“Hello ma’am, you look ever so beautiful tonight, I am Admiral Jaster Awaud, CEO of the Umbrella Interest Company, I assume you must be Cynder, the reason I am here?” The hulking man said.

The Togorian’s ears perked up as he heard the name Cynder and rested a hand on the blaster holstered on his hips. Rex turned to observe the Gentleman. The human stood tall and towered over Kass by half a foot but Rex had him by foot. Jaster, as he announced himself, bowed his head in respect and didn’t seem phased by the Togorian’s presence. Rex slight relaxed but still kept an eye on the situation.

A moment of surprise crossed her face as she hadn’t heard that name in quite some time. How did he know that I was Cynder? Quickly suppressing her shocked look or at least she thought, she replied “You must be confused. I’m Kassanda. May I offer you a drink, Mr. Awaud?” While she is blind, she did face people as they spoke to her and when she replied. She offered her arm to the Gentleman and gestured towards the drink waiter. “Come Come, Sir”

[member="Cynder"]

Jaster was to know everyone and what they were up to, its how he stayed alive. The Togorian reaching for his weapon was a reason of fear for jaster, but he kept his cool, he would be capable of talking the humanoid. though he was here for buisness, best to stay on his beast behavior, he needed this. Jaster also took a drink off the tray, he didnt know what it was, though he hoped it was har alcohol, it was just water. Jaster lifted the water to thank his new companion, though her change of name was slightly odd, 'was that her real name, or was it the other name that was real?' It didnt matter to him, names were just a way for them to introduce each other.

"Yes," jaster grasped her arm and walked with her a way, he decided it would be best to just follow her and he would continue his conversation, "My company have the resources that will be at your beck and call for what you require."

She gripped the arm and slightly lead the way but in a fashion to make it appear like he is leading. “Please tell me about your company.” She replied and sipped on her Corellian Whisky. “I didn’t take you for a water person.” She smiled. “You mentioned resources. What type of resources? My company has its hands in a lot of different business.”

Rex followed close enough to be available as need but far enough away to provide privacy.

She continued to direct Jaster towards the balcony. Upon reaching the outside area, she released her arm from his and moved to the railing.

Rex took up post outside the entrance heading to the area where the two stood and talked.

[member="Cynder"]

Jaster followed her and continued to do so until they reached the balcony. "Water person," Jaster looked down at his glass, then with in seconds throw it off the edge.

"I'm not," Jaster then turned into his normal self now that people were not around and leaned against the railing looking at the door where the Togorian was placed. "As for my company, Pharmaceuticals is the name of my game, as for resources, I have connections in the Hutt Cartel and other criminal organizations that would fulfill your request,"

Jaster reached into his coat pocket and pulled out a flask, it was will Mandalorian Ale. "You need help with a problem, just like any medicine we at Umbrella sell, we help get rid of your problems." Jaster grinned as he took a sip from the flask.

@Jaster

Listening to the man talk about his business, she grew more intrigued. He dumped the water and took a swig of his flask. Who brings a flask to an event like this? She briefly thought. “Mandalorian Ale” The Miraluka replied with smile.

Turning she rested her lower back against the rail, Kass stated. “I’m sure we can work out some arrangement. The war has brought many opportunities for corporate gain.” A look of concern crossed her face. She analyzed him for a moment. “The Sith, generally are ruthless in their conquest.” She focused to get a clear solid look at his face through the force. The process required a lot of focus for her to be able to pick up the minimal changes in the facial expression and body languages. She attempted to catch his reaction to her statement because she was unaware of the standings with the conflict. She knew he was able to travel Sith space and Coruscant so he must not be in complete bad standings. “The need of medical supplies is in great demand.” She attempted to appear greedy. “We will make a fortune.”

[member="Cynder"]

Jaster paused for a moment, the ale barely touched his tongue as she asked that question. Sith cruelty brough great prosperity to companies. Jaster was a horrible person, yet a great businessman, sacrificing anything for the advances in medical science. Yet it was always for the greater good, he was in the healing business, and he wielded it well. All his products were cheap, and available as long as they could get to a Umbrella Store or Clinic. He made enough profit to buy armadas of ships, both combat and transport, even took from profit margins to create refugee camps for those who survived the wars.

Jaster let the ale finally fall down his throat, "My product is cheap, I'd make a decent living with or without the wars, I've seen what combat could do," Jaster was an ex-soldier after all, "but profits profit, and I'm no politician, so I get by."

Kassanda noticed the pause. Perhaps this person was different. The mind raced as these types of conversations were never her strong suit. “Don’t get me wrong, just as much can be made during peace.” She said as she took another drink. Trying to suppress her nervousness, she continued with idle chat but her mind slipped to her master and how he was always skillful in the art of negotiation.

“Rex, please get me another drink.” The Miraluka replied while taking another drink from the glass.

“I will speak with my advisors and we can setup a meeting to further discuss the finer details of the arrangements" She moved to retrieve the glass from her bodyguard. "How long will you be on the planet?"

[member="Cynder"]

Jaster looked out at the skyline of the ubanized planet, it was sometime beautiful when one could ignore the disgusting acts down below. Yet Jaster was never one for searching for such man made beauties. He enjoyed the smaller things in life, those of his daughter, the jewel that He loved, or the natural wonders of many planets. That was what Jaster enjoyed, though this view was much appreciated by him.

Jaster leaned forward, exstending his arm to hand the flask of Mandalorian Ale to the young women. Strong stuff, but was very much under appreciated, "Might as well try it, meeting not over just yet,"

Jaster then continued as the women decided to take it or not, "I'm not one for telling people where I'll be for long periods of time, how about I tell you my offer and when you decide how much that is worth, you call me," Jaster with his other hand removed a Holocard from his sleave.

Jaster Awaud, CEO of Umbrella Interest Company
Geneticist, PHD and Naval Admiral (Rer.)
Contact Information.

The human extended an arm with a flask in the hand. She could smell the ale much better now. She grabbed the flask and took a heavy swig from it. She enjoyed the taste. He wasn’t kidding about it be strong. The force sight reverted back to roughly shaped objects. She was able to re-focus the sight but it was a little more difficult. She took another drink and passed the flask back to her new friend.

As she was passing the flask back, she took the card from him and slipped into a pouch attached to her hip. “ “What’s the offer?”

[member="Cynder"]

Jaster still looked out at the skyline, then spoke, "My company has connection to the Hutt Cartel and underground bounty guild, I do the illigal things you can't necessarily do," Jaster took a sip from his flask, "In return, your company supply my product across your trade lines."

Jaster really did like the skyline of the Coruscant.

Rex returned with another glass of Corellian whisky. Kass passed the empty glass to him and thanked him for his service. He nodded in response and returned to his spot by the door. “I don’t see any issues in the arrangement. I’m sure there are some supply lines and Lank-Rah shipping routes that could use ‘protecting’. We are often hit around Hutt controlled spaces. We have attempted to work an arrangement out but have not been able to come to a reasonable comprise.” She took another drink. She briefly swore in the Huttese tongue. “Would you be able to broker a deal between them and us? In return, I can assure you a long term contract with our company to sell your medical supplies.”

She turned to look out to view the skyline. The force sight clarity only extended so far. As the distance extends, the shapes become less clear. She often envied those with standard sight. “Describe the skyline to me. I see some but I doubt it’s the same as you.”

[member="Cynder"]

Jaster had pull with the Hutts, this was true, but why waist it in something he could make money on. "This would be difficult for the both of us," Jaster looked at the women, "I would believe it would be in both of our interest that we come to an agreement that we transport each others product, you take my product through the Sith Territory and I take your product through the Hutts and neutral space, this good with you, and as such we skip the whole politic business entirely."

He looked over his shoulder to sneak a peak at the women asked for the description of it all. "As if the Galaxy of civilization was being gobbled up by the fires of the fallen sun," Jaster then realized that she was blind and may have never seen stars.

"The lights of the towers glow as those in the sky we call stars and as the sun falls it looks like your starring into the core of our galaxy people call civilization, some would say beautiful beyond discretion, I say just a sight that could make you forget your troubles."

Turning off the force sight and focusing on his words as he described the skyline, she found a peace when listening to people describing things. She did feel a little strange as she hasn’t done this with anyone for a while. She attempted to brush off the loneliness that existed and return to business.

She opened her eyes again and re-foucsed on his face expressions. He appeared to the sincere in his statements but these negotiations were never her strong suit. “As for the arrangement” She paused for a moment. “I will need to think about it.” She was a little reluctant to release to goods to someone ship that she just met. “I will need to clear somethings with my advisor.”

[member="Cynder"]

Jaster continued to look at the women, she seemed pretty nice enough. So the question begged, what was she doin in Sith territory? Jaster was here on business and securing more ships and supplies. He never wish to spend more time then he needed in Sith territory as their war with the Republic continued. His ships were never safe from the defectors and renegades who raided his trade ships. So he kept his ships at a distance from both the Sith and the Republic so he wouldn't have to deal with the effects of their war.

This women though seemed to have a regular company, up and running in Sith country, so he'd have to agree to what ever she had to offer. His ships couldn't transport through Sith territory, and she could, "Ill agree with what you offer, just know my ships are prepared to transport any goods through Hutt space as well as neutral territory."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom