Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A Bar Thread. (Everyone Welcome!)

Scene
The cruel, dual suns beat down, their malevolent eyes unblinking, and the sky was it's co-conspirator with not even a wisp of cloud to soften the harsh rays. The kowakian monkey lizards took shelter in the shadows of the rocks where the sand was not hot enough to roast them, but there was no shade large enough for for the various species. Some hid under makeshift canopies, but you have decided to head for the local cantina.​
As you enter the "Plasid Banther" Your eyes quickly adjust to the darker room. The smoke twists in its artistic way, forming curls in the gloom, illuminated only by the age-speckled bar lights. Along the wall was every hue of amber liquid in their inverted bottles, along with various wines and spirits.​
Character
Simon sat at the bar, he wore a lovely pink dressing gown, a green button up formal, button up shirt, red checkered pajama pants and white Tauntaun slippers. His eyes scanning over the crowd. "I once lost my right leg..." He spoke to anyone listening. "But I found it again." He said as he tapped on his left leg. "Except when I found it, it only had seven toes." Simon scratched his head, then quickly swiveled to look at the bar keep.

"Dearest sir. I shall have seven sips of your cheapest drink." Simon said as he began to spin around in circles on his chair. He placed down seven credits, hoping that it would cover the drinks.

Pravis Sharman waved his hands around him to clear the air of the noxious smell of smoke and incense. The Khaleesh squinted and tried to make out what the bar was serving with the alcohol. The walls were lined with various wines and whiskeys, with the occasional picture haphazardly framed.

He sat down at the bar, only to hear some random drunk talking about losing his leg. "The kark are you talkin' to?" Pravis inquired.

[member="Simon Crell"]

On the opposite side of [member="Simon Crell"] sat a Rattataki, nurturing a glass of whiskey. Her pale bald turned to the Kaleesh and his snapping remarks against the rambling drunk. She had quite enjoyed the nonsensical story. She quickly downed the last bit of whiskey and signalled for a refill with her finger.

"He was talking to whomever is willing to listen. I quite enjoy his stories."

She then turned to the man in the pink dressing gown, her left hand drummed lightly on a metal helmet on the bar counter. In case anyone were prone to prying, she had masked her presence in the Force, effectively making her appear incapable of using the Force. If anything she looked like a mercenary, or possibly a mandalorian. Her lighsabre was safely tucked inside her robes, out of sight, but quick to reach. Her eyes spoke of a certain mischief, but were not obviously corrupted.

"How many toes did you have before? And where did you find it? Did something take the leg from you?"

She smiled at the man with the story, egging him on while the bartender filled her glass.

[member="Pravis Sharman"] [member="Simon Crell"]

Pravis glared at [member="Darth Ophidia"], as she egged on the drunken [member="Simon Crell"] to continue his story.

"Glad to see you're getting on heck of a show from this guy."

The Khaleesh slumped on the bar counter, trying to spot any standout people in the crowd besides the insane human and mischievous mercenary. A couple Wookies were huddled in a corner, appearing to be gambling on a game of Sabacc. One lady was sprawled across the stained floor. Strangely enough, the woman was still tightly grasping her drink, which was near empty.

Pravis turned back to the bartender, and snapped his fingers.

"Hey, buddy. Get me some whiskey, I'm gonna need it while listenin' to this jokers story."

Across the room from the bar a group of Wookies were deeply engaged in a game of Sabacc. There was one human among them garbed in a pair of green combat pants, black boots and a filthy white tank top. His lack of sleeves revealed a body covered in tattoos and a mechanical left hand. Oddly enough, this man was speaking in Shyriiwook, the native Wookie language.

After a number of rounds the table erupted. The Wookies growled and smacked the table while Hogan laughed and hauled in his stack of credits. It was a low stakes game, Wookies were just notoriously sore losers.

"Good game, runts!" Hogan roared joyously in Shyriiwook.

He grabbed his black jacket, left the table and made his way to the bar where he smacked a handful of credits down on the counter.

"Next round is on me. Maybe get my hairy friends in the corner something a little stronger so they don't skin me alive." Hogan said in the common tongue. He pulled up a seat next to Ophidia and put his jacket back on as he watched the bartender pour him a drink.

[member="Pravis Sharman"] [member="Darth Ophidia"] [member="Simon Crell"]

To be honest, the young man, with a black cloak hiding his hair, body and face, who sat nearby [member="Simon Crell"], just a few tables away, couldn't help but laugh at the man's stories. He'd told many a story at the cantina in Naboo, but he didn't think he'd told any about losing a leg and finding it with only a few toes intact. Of course, it wasn't long before someone had to try and ruin the fun. He was about to give him a piece of his mind himself, but [member="Darth Ophidia"] beat him to the punch.

It was probably good that his force signature was hidden as well as hers, as the young man would lean over, letting a brown eye gaze on the Sith woman, a smirk visible on his lips, as he would speak. "Gracias, m'ilady. Nobody likes a buzzkill" He would remark amusedly before relaxing back in his seat, sipping his drink, and waiting to hear a few more stories.

His lightsaber was hidden within the cloak, though he hoped he wouldn't need to use it. Especially if it came to [member="Pravis Sharman"]'s rants. Although he could almost swear he had seen him somewhere before...

Alas, he did speak when Pravis would continue his insults. "And I'm going to need a drink extra strong to drown out the bile coming from Mr. Grumpypants' mouth over there" He responded, a hearty chuckle lapsing from his lips.

Pravis quietly sipped on his whiskey, as it left a searing trail down his throat. He put his glass on the counter as he heard [member="Joshua DragonsFlame"] snarkily comment on his interaction with [member="Simon Crell"] and [member="Darth Ophidia"]. The Khaleesh dryly chuckled, but it was slightly muffled by his mask.

His attention then switched to [member="Hogan"] as he conversed with the bartender. He slid some credits down, which should've been enough to buy off his Wookie comrades. "There, that should get you a good amount of booze. What did ya' do to 'em? Scam 'em outta their credits, or did you call their mothers Hutts or something?"

"I am talking my words to all who listen." Simon said as he began to drink one of the seven drink he had just ordered.

Now someone was interesting in his story, a grin crossed his face. "Well you see my dear." He spun to face [member="Darth Ophidia"], the smell of alcohol escaping with his breath. "Well you see, originally I had only six." The man said raising both hands holding up, and holding up three fingers on each. "It was hiding under my pillow the whole time!" Simon said with excitement as he took another swig of his drink. "And it didn't get stole, it just got scared." Simon leaned closed and began to whisper. "I'm a bit of a loud tooter."

Then Simon jumped up and stood on the chair. "Yes a free round of drinks. Thank you kind sir!" He said as he pointing to [member="Hogan"] and began clapping. Quickly he downed the drink then looked to the bar keep. "Two more free rounds, those two guys are paying!" He said pointing to [member="Joshua DragonsFlame"] and [member="Pravis Sharman"].

She could feel an eye upon her, and instinctively she turned her head to return the look. She smiled at his thanks and raised her glass in a cheers as an answer. She too would rather not pull her sabre in the middle of a crowd. She preferred not to be seen making a scene in a public place. When the man in the gown turned to Ophidia to elaborate on his story, she reared a little from the ethanol vapours from mouth, her back almost colliding with Hogan. However, she straightened up in her seat once she became aware of there being a person behind her and muttered a quick "sorry" before returning to the ridiculous story.

"Your foot had six toes, then it got scared and hid under the pillow. When you found it, you had seven toes. How many toes are you supposed to have?"

The more she thought about the situation, the funnier it became. She could barely keep from laughing as she talked to the drunk, which in turn prevented her from drinking her own whiskey. Her slender grey finger traced along the top rim of the glass as the shouts went out for free drinks on the expense of two in particular.

[member="Simon Crell"] [member="Pravis Sharman"] [member="Joshua DragonsFlame"] @Hogan

Pravis was quickly downing his drink when he heard the raving lunatic that is [member="Simon Crell"] shout his name along with [member="Joshua DragonsFlame"], which was followed by a deafening roar of the crowd. The Kaleesh rapidly spun around towards Simon, as the chanting of "FREE ROUND" bounced off the walls of the bar. He tried signaling that he was not paying for everybody's drink, but many patrons thought he was ordering them to scream and yell louder. The few that did understand his gestures glared and brandished their weapons.

Pravis gave a side-long glance at Joshua. " Hey, buddy, back me up on this! I can't pay for all these people, and I doubt you can!"

[member="Darth Ophidia"] [member="Hogan"]

Ah, the man's stories had become more ramble-like now, but still got a laugh from him. While it was entertaining though, his notion that he was paying for everyone's drinks... No, not happening. He couldn't afford as much as he'd like, and even these drinks were a luxury for a freelance-at some times supported by the Silver Jedi Order-Jedi Master. He would nod to the bartender, signalling that this wouldn't be happening, and everyone would be paying for their own drinks. The ones becoming unruly though... That could become an issue.

He calmly turned his gaze towards the ones brandishing their weapons, and all of a sudden his calm, warm, welcoming expression turned into a fierce, intimidating gaze. For a moment he showed who he was. A warrior. A warrior that wasn't afraid to fight if need be. His cloak moved a bit, exposing a light shirt, but his muscular frame was the highlight of it. He was a man who had seen battle, and that was obvious just looking at him. It was a trick he'd picked up, being able to hide that side, both in appearance via careful dressing decisions, and just by the way he made himself appear to be expression-wise. That moment was all the ones who were thinking of brandishing their weapons needed to shut the hell up and put them away.

The cloak was moved back, and the young man's expression returned to it's warm, more welcoming look before looking back to [member="Pravis Sharman"] and nodding faintly. He hadn't needed to use the Force for this. A Jedi Master knew how to work with or without it. There was no magic behind the act... Just skill and experience. He looked back to [member="Simon Crell"] to finish his story like nothing happened.

"I apologize, sir, but I'm afraid neither myself or the other young man will be paying for drinks besides our own. A man's gotta make a living, you know. But if you're so rich that you can drink till you're wasted and keep going, then feel free to say that... I don't know... You are the man who will be paying for the round of drinks. You did make the round of drinks call after all... You wouldn't want to disappoint them, would you?" He spoke calmly, yet with a gentle firmness in his voice, an exclamation point on the term "You" to get the attention of the rowdy ones, who's gaze went to the drunken rambler.

Oh how the tides had turned.

"I believe four." Simon calmly replied to [member="Darth Ophidia"], before the crowd were denied their free round.

The crowd looked to Simon who wasn't going to pay. "Let me tell you all about the ti-" His voice was suddenly stopped as a bottle crashed into his head, breaking upon impact sending the bottle away in shards but leaving the neck in tact with some sharp edges.

"We want's our drinks!" A voice called out from the crowd, followed by the chest chorus of patrons who agreed.

Simon's eyes filled with rage, the blood trickling down his forehead. He reached down and quickly grabbed the neck of the bottle and stabbed it into the nearest member of the crowd who went down clutching his throat. Suddenly a large array of weapons were pointed in Simon's direction.

[member="Joshua DragonsFlame"] [member="Pravis Sharman"] [member="Hogan"]

A good story, a little bit of rowdiness and suddenly a man lay dead on the floor, stabbed in the throat. Gulped down the last of her whiskey and swivelled on her chair to face the crowd. Her left hand rested next to her blaster in case things got ugly. Her grey eyes surveyed the crowd, looking at each face in turn. The tension was tangible, and so far the attempts at diplomacy, which appeared very promising, had failed. As a Sith, she expected this. Diplomacy always failed because peace was a lie and the passion for drink was strong. Still, she slid off her seat to protect the crazy man. Her right hand gripped the rim of her helm as she stood beside the drunk.

"It was self-defence. Put down your weapons. We don't need blood in our drinks."

Her voice was eerie calm, with something of a rasp to it. Her eyes still and unblinking like the eyes of a watchful serpent. She kept her affinity with the Force hidden, but she still had the presence of a fighter. Ophidia gestured to the bleeding man with the helmet in her right hand. She would rather put him out of her misery, but there were times when Sith would have to hide their ways against the scrutiny of others.

"Get this man out of here. To a hospital if you can. Preferably before he bleeds out. Chopchop, get on with it!"

She was not sure if she had diffused the situation or just gained a whole room full of enemies. Either way, she had taken a stand.

[member="Pravis Sharman"] [member="Joshua DragonsFlame"] [member="Hogan"] [member="Simon Crell"]

Pravis strolled over to [member="Joshua DragonsFlame"], to thank him for getting him out of paying for an entire round of drinks. "Hey, thanks for gettin' me out of that, if not I woul-HOLY CHIT!" Pravis exclaimed as he watched [member="Simon Crell"] shank someone in the throat. The poor Rodian lay writhing on the ground, howling and pain and clutching at his gore-covered neck. Pravis speedily moved towards the dying man, and began to work. While he wasn't a professional medic, he knew how to deal with wounded soldiers on the battlefield.

The Kaleesh carefully removed the remaining pieces of glass stuck in the man's neck. Pravis cursed when he realized he couldn't clean the wounds. The best he could do was tear off a piece of cloth and apply pressure to the Rodian's wound. "Hey, any of you people mind calling the hospital or givin' some help here?"

[member="Darth Ophidia"] [member="Hogan"]

Well, that hadn't gone as planned. He was hoping that the drunk would either pay for some drinks as a show of good faith after trying to scam two bargoers into paying for his and everyone else's drinks (And likely learning his lesson and not doing it again), or would find a way to houdini it into seeming like a joke and making everyone laugh. Unfortunately, he hadn't accounted for how violent these other rowdy bargoers could get, as a bottle would hit the drunk's head. Even better, the raving drunk had gone and shanked someone, in self defense, sure, but near killing a man wasn't really the best course of action. And with that, weapons were pointed all over at the crazy man. Great. There would be no diplomating out of this, or subtle intimidation. Weapons gave violent people courage. Josh had already gone through several plans in his head, a threat there, maybe taping up his fists, but as soon as the blasters were out, his plans went out with them.

But his first concern, since [member="Darth Ophidia"] was protecting the idiot [member="Simon Crell"], was to help the Rodian. The young man would gingerly walk over, kneeling at the man's side and nudging [member="Pravis Sharman"] aside gently. Josh remembered a time where he would be just as useless in this situation as Pravis, how many people he'd failed to save because he had spent so much time focusing on his combat expertise instead of learning to be a proper healer. Times had changed, of course.

"Thank the Force for Rianna" Joshua would mutter as he would place a hand on the wounded area of the Rodian, closing his eyes as his palm glowed a gentle green. The wound would close itself, and the bleeding would stop. The Rodian would jammer something in his own language as Josh shook his hand with a nod before raising to his feet, motioning for the Rodian to run out of the bar before it got ugly.

Now the problem of the weapon users was still a factor. Joshua would briskly get to his feet and calmly walk to stand in front of Ophidia and Crazy Drunk. His gaze turned to Ophidia, knowing she was likely the more capable of fighting in comparison to her drunk friend.

"Sweetheart, you wouldn't happen to have a melee weapon on you, would you?" The young man questioned warmly, yet quietly and slight so only she and drunk bits would be able to hear, one eye on the Sith, and one eye on the trigger-happy crowd. "If they start firing, a melee weapon can usually absorb blaster shots if you're good with your hands. A blaster is good and all, but not when it's one blaster against many" He would add softly. One of his hands was already in his hooded cloak, just waiting for someone to make a move. "If you have a melee weapon, we can cover doofus and back out of the cantina and get him somewhere safe. Once we're out of sight, they'll either attack each other and the bartender can abide by usual bar fight protocols, or they'll calm down once the target of their ire is gone"

He would eye [member="Pravis Sharman"] and Hulk [member="Hogan"], pondering if they'd be combat capable as well.

The Rodian who got stabbed was being treated, good. First by [member="Pravis Sharman"], but then she saw something quite interesting. As an assassin trained in killing all the enemies of the Sith Empire, she could recognise the glow of Force Healing. Her shrewd eyes caught the light and made note of it, but she said nothing, nor made any indication of her knowledge. She could not feel the alignment of [member="Joshua DragonsFlame"], but it was a known lightside skill, thus she presumed he was masking his alignment as well. Clever boy. The crowd seemed to thicken, and not in a good way, and here Ophidia was stuck alongside two lightsiders. What a curious pickle.

Oh did Ophidia have a melee weapon, while she most wanted to use her lightsabre, she knew it would be foolish. Meanwhile the young snarkinator made his discourse on the usefulness of weapons for close combat, she tugged a vibrodagger from a slit in her skirt and handed it to him in a single fluent motion, all the while keeping her eyes on the crowd.

"Keep it, it's good quality."

She had her beskar helmet in her left hand, it was as good a blunt-weapon as one could get. Her right hand wrapped itself around the grip of her DL-44 blaster. At any moment, she could whip it out and once the gun left her holster, it would be no mercy. The thought of eradicating the room had adrenaline surging through her. If only she had only been able to use the Force freely. She could have the whole room singing show-tunes if she wished, but she would rather not risk the prowess and wrath of two lightsiders on her own. They would probably not enjoy the parlor-trick .

[member="Hogan"] [member="Simon Crell"]

Pravis eyes widened as he watched [member="Joshua DragonsFlame"] heal the injured Rodian with...Some force power he didn't recognize. "Huh, neat trick. Thanks man." Pravis got up and helped the Rodian out of the bar, since the once-injured man was still in shock. Once he thought that the injured man was okay, he turned back inside. However, he instead got glares from all sides of the bar. The Wookies in the corner were making rude hand gestures at him, while a Hapan woman was pretending to shoot him with a finger gun. Pravis walked back over to his "friends," and began slowly reaching for the shotgun he left under his seat.

Pravis glared at [member="Darth Ophidia"] as he saw her guarding the madman that was [member="Simon Crell"]. "You...You can't be serious! Why are you guarding this guy? Sure, I don't want to see death as much as the next guy, but he might start a karkin' shootout here!"

[member="Hogan"]

"Scam is a strong word but yeah, we're all drinking thanks to some credits that... used to belong to them." Hogan chuckled at Pravis's comment.

Hogan had no idea what was going on. He had downed two shots and was feeling a nice buzz while scheming up a way to maybe hit on the bald lady with the nice body when suddenly the old storyteller was hit in the head with a bottle. He then retaliated, as any sensible person would. Hogan sipped a beer as he watched the bar scum bleed out on the ground. This was a hell of a place to die.

Before he knew it the whole bar had turned against Hogan and his new "friends". Everyone was brandishing weapons and drunkenly threatening them, waiting for a free round of drinks. He had a few ideas of how to diffuse the situation. Hogan stood up, grabbed a blaster pistol from it's holster and fired a few shots into the ceiling so he could get everyone's attention.

"Do any of you really want to die here? Over some drinks? I mean, what would your mothers think? I'm here to appeal to your better nature and- JUST KIDDING!" Hogan spoke softly, almost poetically at first, but it was all a distraction. While everyone was distracted by his talking he took his blaster and fired four shots at all the clearly armed patrons of the bar. Three bodies hit the floor and Hogan hopped behind the bar. He learned long ago that if there was to be a fight, it was better to shoot first.

​The cantina erupted into an all out brawl. Hogan used the bar as cover and popped up to deliver a few more shots at a Trandoshan. "Hope ya'll can handle yourselves!" Hogan yelled to everyone on his side.

[member="Pravis Sharman"] [member="Darth Ophidia"] [member="Joshua DragonsFlame"] [member="Simon Crell"]

Pravis was fuming. While he found Hogan's comments to be entertaining, his outlook changed when he shot down 3 patrons in cold blood. Now, Pravis basically hated nearly all the other drinkers in the bar, and Crell's drunken madness made him regret coming here, but a special kind of vile and furious anger had attached itself to Hogan. Pravis had been enslaved, seen his entire family murdered and fought in an extremely bloody war, and because of this, he tried to avoid killing at all costs.

"Hey, snark guy, back me up. I'm taking out the guy who started this."

Thankfully, his military experience came in handy here. He silently creeped up behind Hogan, who was thankfully behind cover. Pravis raised his shotgun like a bat, and swung it right at his head.

[member="Darth Ophidia"] [member="Simon Crell"] [member="Joshua DragonsFlame"] [member="Hogan"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom