OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
- Intent: Produce a new Incom scout vessel
- Image Source: http://starcitizen.wikia.com/wiki/File:300i_flight_visual.jpg
- Canon Link: http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/A-24_Sleuth
- Restricted Missions: N/A
- Primary Source: http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/A-24_Sleuth
- Manufacturer: Incom
- Model: A-27 Sleuth
- Affiliation: Open Market
- Production: Minor
- Material: Reflec coated Durasteel hull
- Classification: Scout
- Length: 18 meters
- Width: 6 meters
- Height: 4 meters
- Armament: Very Low2 Laser Cannons
- 1 Concussion Missile Launchers (4 Concussion Missiles)
[*]Squadron Count: Low: 8
[*]Maneuverability Rating: Average
[*]Speed Rating: High
[*]Hyperdrive Class: Moderate: 0.95
- Standard Communications Array
- Standard Deflector Shield Generator
- Standard Hyperdrive
- Standard Life Support Systems
- Standard Repulsorlift Engines
- Standard Starfighter Weapons: Laser Cannons, Concussion Missile Launcher
- Can Enter Atmosphere and Land
- 4x Phantom-class Short-Range Sensor Jammer (not on civilian version)
- Tight Beam Messaging system
- Reflec Coating
- Low emission Tibanna-X engines
- Advanced sensors
- Advanced Navigational Systems
- Long range
- Low sensor signature
- Capable sensor suite
- Not designed to heavy combat
- Not as capable as advanced vessels with cloaking technology or crystal grav traps
- Firing engines about 25% power compromised stealth completely
The Sleuth is a proven and low cost reconnaissance ship. Designed for one or two operators and with provisions to stay in space for weeks at a time it offers an attractive alternative to costly cloaked vessels.
The vessel acts as a home for two. Behind the cockpit is a compact living space with bunks, a compact sonic shower, cookingand a fold out table. Optional features are available for comfort. Incom recommends the high-end caf machine (or wine chiller for four bottles for private customers). The vessel has proven reliability, with spares available across the market. Navigational systems can find routes off known hyperlanes to scout enemy territory.
The Sleuth is available without the military-grade sensor jammers for the civilian market. It makes quite a comfortable longer range transport or courier for two.
Can run on biofuel for the environmentally conscientious.
Provisions are necessary as the vessel has to approach a target slowly to maintain stealth. Firing the engines on anything over 25% power makes the Sleuth just as visible as any other ship.
Armaments are light. Concussion missiles are intended to distract pursuit rather than engage enemy targets. Shields will not stand up to much attention.
The sensor suite is advanced though not capable of detecting a cloaked ship. The sensors can detect vessels with accuracy at long range as well as hyperspace reversions. From high orbit enemy installations can be imaged in high quality. Information can be securely directed back to allies over a tight beam.
Whilst a cloaked vessel may be required to penetrate advanced sensor nets, the affordability of the Sleuth cannot be beaten. Perfect for deep reconnaissance or as a unit of scouts ranging ahead of a fleet.