Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech A-13 Crusher Chopper

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grimm

2u3xv7p.jpg

Credit- http://www.metroflog.com/masterfable/20091129
Intent: Creating a new speeder for Alex and his buyers that has mobility and a fierce amount of Fire power.
Development Thread: N/A
Manufacturer: Republic of Starcrest
Model: A-13
Affiliation: Independent
Modularity: Yes, it can be adapted
Production: Mass produced
Material: Durasteel
Description: The vehicle strengths are that it is very durable, beyond that of any of the speeders to date. It is very durable to withstand full on collisions and still operate at standard conditions. It also has a bladed Chassis in the front, it is used to crush infantry in the way and when it hits bigger vehicle it will try to tear through the armor, if able. It can travel on all terrain, can block incoming fire from the front like a shield. It is to promote a fairly decent craft that focuses on ground units despite being a recon craft. The craft can use it's repulsor lift to gain the ability of flight for a big jump, examples would be for it to clear walls for assaults or even other bigger vehicles in the way. It's disadvantages, is that it isn't very easy to pilot. It can't strafe easily and has a problem with taking down very fast targets without training. Plus, the whole back side of the pilot is exposed to attack. The ability for it to use flight would be the amount of energy it would require for it to even be done at least three times, before it would power down.

Role: Assault Speeder
Height: 2.9 m
Length: 6.4 m
Width: 2.8 m
Weight: 1.1 Ton
Minimum Crew: 1
Optimal Crew: 1
Propulsion: Repulsorlift on the entire thing.
Top Speed: 150 MPH
Armaments: Bladed Chassis, Auto-laser cannons on the front, and Two Six-Tube Rocket Launcher on each side (Unguided)
Passenger Capacity: None
Cargo Capacity: None
Misc. Equipment: Com link, Sonar, Radar, grappling hooks, and Rocket boosters.

Hello. There are several things that need adjusting/revision:

1) Please place a link and citation for the artist of the image.

2) The numbers for the physical dimensions are meaningless without units. Are those measurements in inches, meters, tons, grams, etc.?

3) I believe we'll have to work on the description. There are several items that need addressing. First, it can crash into things without breaking? What does this mean? Is it simply more durable than other speeders, or is it physically so strong that it can crash through buildings and still operate at maximum performance?

Can you clarify its intended use? How can it be an "anti-everything craft"? The reason that there are dedicated anti-(whatever) weapons is they are specialized for the purpose because it takes specialization to do the job well. For example, anti-aircraft guns typically have a very large traverse and elevation range because they have to engage targets that will move from Point A to Point B in a handful of seconds. The entry appears to try to accomplish all of this, without specialization, and without noticeable downsides in any given role.

The above point also plays into its role as a recon unit. Its speed is mediocre, especially on the modern battlefield, and it doesn't carry any special equipment to help its recon duties, such as camouflage gear, ECM units, or boosted comlinks. Additionally, the use of a wheeled motive system limits its cross-country capabilities and maneuverability.

Now, if you're trying to create a craft that tries to take on multiple roles and doesn't excel at any single role, that is perfectly fine, but I would clarify that in the description. As it is, it reads as if the Crusher is perfect in all anti-vehicular/aircraft roles and is a perfect scout, which is rarely, if ever, the case.

If you're simply trying to make a recon unit with the additional abilities to support a combat action, then I would focus on the recon abilities of the craft. After that, adding weapons, which you've done, would be fine. However, I wouldn't try to make it excel at everything because reality states that such vehicles end up not excelling at anything.

Please tag me in your reply. Thanks! :)

The special treads that allow it to climb flat surfaces, I take that to mean the speeder is capable of scaling walls, buildings, etc.?

Can you elaborate a little more on the bladed chassis? Does this mean that there are actual blades mounted along the chassis? What are these used for?

Okay, I read it all again. Here are my thoughts:

1) There is a discrepancy with the claim that the Crusher can travel on all terrain. The repulsor system would allow true all-terrain capability, but the inclusion of the special treads and wheels actually limits its mobility. Wheels would impede its ability to travel over rough terrain at high speeds. Additionally, no wheels are needed because the repulsor unit would allow the Crusher to hover, so the wheels are redundant.

2) The treads read as if they physically grab the wall and allow the Crusher to climb the wall. Are the treads themselves grabbing the wall and hauling the vehicle up? If so, they are incredibly powerful and would need a description just to explain the mechanism. But, again, the repulsor system would make the treads redundant because the driver could just increase the repulsor thrust and thus make the Crusher "fly", to a limited altitude.

3) I'm a little bit skeptical about the bladed chassis' purported use. Melee combat between vehicles is not common at all in modern warfare. Modern weapons would destroy most vehicles before they can get into range, and there are certainly more effective means of disabling a target than ramming it. Purpose-built physical weapons aren't going to see that much use. Related, you wouldn't need vehicle blades to damage infantry by running into them; the sheer impact of a vehicle would kill/disable most infantry.

4) Please correct me if I'm wrong, but the way I read this, you want the Crusher to act as a fast-traveling recon unit that also has the ability to act as a front line combat unit. As such, it needs to be durable and well-armed. Is this right? Basically, what I'm trying to do here is help refine this submission into something that has a practicle use on the modern battlefield and doesn't fulfill a tiny niche that will really limit its overall market. You'll find that militaries do not like to purchase so incredibly unique and niche machines because of logistic issues.

That said, if you want to continue pursuing this as is, that is fine. You only need to address Points 1 and 2 for the purposes of this submission's approval.

Please tag me in your reply. Thanks! :)

Grimm

@[member="Asemir Lor'kora"]

Wasn't thinking of the practical use, Lol. So I gave it just repulsor lift to the entire frame. Hope this clears it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom