Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech 5.56mm FLARE Slug

Status
Not open for further replies.
1815726-bullet-mouw-wapen-oorlog-leger-jacht-schieten-vuurwapens.jpg
*Image Source: Google Image Search

OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
  • Intent: The purpose of this submission is to provide the 5.56mm BASIC Slug with a derivative capable of effectively combating organic and synthetic opponents with a focus on collateral damage.
  • Development Thread: N/A
PRODUCTION INFORMATION
  • Manufacturer:
  • Browncoat Arms & Industrial | Arakyd Industries
  • Model: 5.56mm Slug
  • Affiliation: Private Market
  • Modularity: Yes (12.7mm, 9mm, 7.62mm)
  • Production: Mass
  • Material: Durasteel, Concentrated-Pyrophoric Gel
  • DESCRIPTION

One of the final members of the new line of Czerka Arms' standardized ammunition is the 5.56mm FLARE Slug. It is, simply put, a derivative of the well-known 5.56mm BASIC Slug and is hollowed out in the same manner as it's counterpart rounds. Like the rest of the line, this space within the jacket is filled to the brim with a substance which acts as its namesake; which in this case are a pair of highly concentrated, volatile pyrophoric gels. These compounds are kept in suspension within the Slug, and when it makes contact with a target, the impact combines the gels and the resulting mixture is released upon the surface of the target's body. It is the chemical reaction of the compounds mixing together which creates the ignition; thereby allowing the FLARE Slugs to be effectively wielded and imployed in environments with no oxygen. It is noted that a single FLARE Slug cannot consume the average, human target in flame, but multiple successful hits, coupled with the right sort of clothing can result in this effect. The FLARE Slug was designed with shaking the morale of enemy targets, for it is the opinion of Czerka Arms that "nothing is more terrible than watching a dear comrade burst into flames".

It is noted that these Slugs, while exceptionally capable in that which they were designed to do, lack high piercing ability due to their hollow-jacketed design. Furthermore, in environments lacking oxygen, the FLARE Slug is useless due to the lack of the element required to start the ignition reaction. (OOC Note: Whenever these shells are used in a PvP scenario, please link to this submission for clarity. Remember, one bullet does not the spontaneous combustion make.)

Couple things.

• This will really wreck someone in PVP, I implore you clearly state which bullets you are using and hyperlink to this submission for clarity with other writers. The fact that if this gets in(or around) your armor means you're going to burst into flames just about is pretty much the intended effect of these shells.
  • Also let it be noted these things are useless on a world without oxygen. Your better bet would be two seperate compounds that are in suspension that combine upon impact after the bullet is fired. While oxygen is needed to support a flame, if you're needing it to start the actual reaction it's best to just go with two compounds that will cause a short burst of flame regardless.
  • Also note these aren't too good at piercing armor since they are intended to hit soft targets or shatter on impact to dispense their "payload."

@[member="Tyri Lsu"] @tag me after you read this over and make these edits.

@[member="Darron Wraith"]
  • I have made a note in the submission that speaks to this. Whether it is me who personally uses the FLARE Slug, or a customer down the road, they are to link this submission in the thread they are utilizing it it in.
  • I honestly had not thought about that, and have taken your suggestion! Thanks!
  • The armor-piercing abilities have been noted as well.
Hope these are all up to snuff broseph.

You know I'll gladly give you the bullet with suspension compounds. Literally, the technology to do this is around today. You don't have to take a hit on a concept to not get what you want. I'm telling you it can work. @[member="Tyri Lsu"]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom