Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

5.56×45mm Centric and 9mm Hadrin Rounds

Status
Not open for further replies.
7ed3f1dc71a63c55_normal.jpg
Centric Rounds​
Intent: The purpose is to give an all new type of ammo to the playing field to make things interesting while giving the Infereti a unique type of ammo that would otherwise never have been seen by outsiders. The reason i am doing so instead of just using basic blaster ammo is simply the Infereti dont have blasters and their weapons more closely resemble current weaponry akin to current earth bullets but with a few upgrades. Further than that there is no more intent.

Development Thread: None

Manufacturer: Infereti Weaponsmiths

Model: 5.56mm Nato Rounds

Affiliation: Infereti, Iferetes Empire

Modularity: Not much can be done to the rounds other than ionizing them to rip up shielding.​

Production: Mass Produced

Material: Depleted baradium, Deuterium Propellent, Dueterium Core in the bullet itself

Description: First off, description of how the rounds work and how they would be fired. The rounds can be fired by the built in chemical propellent inside the round itself which is ignited and sends the round soaring off to its target. The back of each round contains a primer cap that acts as a fuse for the propellent within the casing of the round, which when struck ignites the powder. This causes the chemical propellent to generate a large amount of gas which would be ejected with the casing out of the weapon while the head of the round sours off towards the target. From there the spiral grooves give the head a spin to it to allow the bullet to spin allowing for gyroscopic motion keeping the bullet stead as it cuts through the air and travels over the distance where it will impact on a target with either enough force to penetrate and do harm or not dependent upon range and armor.​
Some strengths of the ammo include its ability to be fired more rapidly than a blaster as well as traveling several times faster, along with the fact that it cannot be deflected by a lightsaber, though this is offset by the fact that Blasters cause larger wounds and are easier and faster to reload than the ammo here. Also, due to the very fact they have a larger mass they lose distance compared to that of blasters but make up for such by the fact as i said before they are faster. This also affects the power as the farther away the shooter the less energy is left when the round reaches its target.​
Certain rounds can hold a Deuterium core that went ignited by a small igniter inside the bullet can cause the depleted Baradium bullet to act as a small fragmentation grenade, though this feature is only useful if the target is within a foot of the bullet, this feature is mainly to cause death should the bullet be trapped in its victim and not pass through them. The ignition is triggered by a set radio frequency which must be aimed and directed at the victim with the round still in them for it to activate.​

Classification: Slugthrower​

Size: 5.56×45mm

Length: 5.56 cm​

Weight: 11.79g for the 5.56

Ammunition Type: Physical

Ammunition Capacity: N/A

Effective Range: 800m For 5.56​

Popo

I'm Sexy and I Know It
@[member="Yusan Fenn"]
Alright. Here's the deal. First off, you just tried subbing two bullets in one sub. Don't do that, please. Each tech submission requires a separate submission, even bullets. Second off, durasteel is a terrible choice for a bullet. The material doesn't expand when fired which makes it highly inaccurate. It'd be like firing a bullet made entirely of silver. The heat of the combustion won't heat the bullet sufficiently to expand the bullet where it "rides" the rifling in the weapon which keeps the bullet from spinning and therefore greatly reduces accuracy. That said, if you wanna keep it, mkay. Just keep in mind you'll be about as accurate as a smoothbore musket. Third, these are, with the exception of the durasteel, pretty standard and canon already. Slugs come in various sizes and hollowpoints and armor piercing rounds are canon as well as other types of ammunition. Also, slugs aren't impossible to deflect, they're just far more difficult to do so. Dodging is easier. Ionizing the slugs is cool, but I'm pretty sure those are canon, too, though I haven't double checked.

With all that, I should deny this as it's canon and literally just two types of standard bullets that you could literally buy anywhere without a submission. However, if you want to take this opportunity and try to make them sub-worthy, do so. If not, lemme know and I'll archive this.

First, separate the two submissions as they should be. Yes, this means you will need a second sub with one of the other bullets while one stays on this sub. Second, give them each a non-canon ability. Once done, @ me and I'll review it.

Popo

I'm Sexy and I Know It
@[member="Yusan Fenn"]
Okay, sorry for taking so long. I got home from work around 0200 so I was mainly focused on sleep. Anyways, here we go.

Due to the complex nature of the bullet and the materials involved, I'm going to ask that this be placed under Minor Production.

It states that you trigger the bullet's explosive capabilities by aiming a radio/comm frequency at the target/victim. Comms do and don't work like that. They do connect like that if there's a receiver on the other end that can "pick up" the call, but with a bullet that would make them very complicated and too bulky for a bullet. Your best bet is to make it a generalized receiver for it and use a comm frequency either too high or too low than what is used as a standard within the militaries on the board. That's pretty much easily covered by stating "a hidden frequency". Someone might catch it, but in the field you'd be too busy worrying about said bullet than worrying about what frequency it tunes in on. This is entirely your choice, but if you want to stick with an "aimed" frequency it'd mean a slightly bulkier receiver and would make the bullet harder to produce. Swapping for a catch all receiver would allow the bullet to stay at Minor Production, leaving it as is would, due to the more difficult production, drop it to Limited Production. I'll let you chose which, just lemme know.

Also, Deuterium bullets canonically explode and burn on impact. Yours explode from the trigger frequency which works out. Just go ahead and add that the Deuterium will act as an incendiary when triggered and you should be golden. You don't have to and taking that or leaving it won't affect production, but why pass up on more damage.

Please list what armor classes this bullet will penetrate and what ones it won't, please.

Finally, just nitpicking here, solid slugs are not impossible to deflect with a lightsaber, but they can be blocked by one. It's generally not advisable to do so as you still have rapidly moving molten metal coming at you, but adding that the slugs can be blocked by a lightsaber will prevent anyone using this ammunition from reading it as a "lightsabers are useless on these bullets, I should totally go pwn the baord with them". RPJs will thank you for it later.

Alright, that's all done, so lemme just add something that's a bit unofficial. I know I told you to do two subs and not to mash two bullets together into one submission. Generally speaking, this is true and please don't do that. HOWEVER, seeing that the two bullets are literally the same deal, just different calibers, go ahead and keep them both in the same sub, but do this:

Name the bullet type, not the calibers (For example 'Infereti Deuterium Bullet' instead of 5.56 etc etc)
List the calibers the bullet is available in within the submission

That's... yeah that's about it. I should have been clearer, that was my bad. Granted, didn't think about it at the time and it only hit me later. That's what I get from judging subs in the ambulance :p

Anyways, take care of those and @ me and we'll move on :)

Oh, and because both bullets are, pretty much, the same in both issues and stats, I'll just copy and paste this review.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom