Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

First Reply 3720 to 1 | Ilum

delphi_blanket_banner.png

3720 to 1
Ilum
Tags: Open

pi_divider.png

<Intern Engineering Officer D-Delphi Larkspur...>

A lone G9 Rigger-class light freighter sat alone, crash landed on the icy world of Ilum, far from the hemisphere that housed the Jedi Temple. The vessel emmited a distress call, one intended for it's origin point but open to any who would hear it. It's young pilot was inside, an engineering student who was part of a scientific organization looking to make a name for itself. Her reason for being here was simple: An experement gone awry.

<L-locking onto the l-lingering signature of hyperspace gates has proven w-w-wildly unsuccessful. I-I seem to have overshot H-Hypergate Iridonia by a c-considerable margin. I-I am still in need of calculating just how likely I-I was t-t-to actually make that jump. A s-safer alternative for discovering new hyperlanes will be n-necessary, o-one that uses a stronger hyperspace signature. R-requesting a Phoenix Initiative r-recovery team. H-haste is required. I-I'm afraid that m-my biology is a-adverse to the cold. I-I suspect it won't be long before my body b-begins to hybernate. Th-thank you.>

Delphi sighed, scrunching up tighter underneath her thermal blanket as she retrieted into the corner of her room. The Mud-Walker could already feel her joints beginning to go numb. Any attempt to use her poorly optimized legs was probably pointless by now. She was very much stuck here now. Hopefully any nearby person would recieve her message at this point. It was either that or become a popsicle.

She'd rather not become a popsicle.

IG-152B

I

Ilum is quite stunning! : r/swtor

zb0HGo6.png

The World of Ilum was a frozen wasteland much like the Planet of Hoth although being renowned throughout the galaxy for having Kyber Crystals, potent plasma energy capable of powering lightsabers the main weapon of both jedi and sith. Mostly uninhabited until the New Imperial Order's assault on the world during the Second Great Hyperspace War gave rise to many junk lords and scrapping operations across the surface to salvage both Imperial and Alliance Technology on the surface after the testing of the Imperial Superweapon.

While others had come to the frozen wasteland to make a profit, IG-152B was here for another matter entirely. The Supreme Mogul of the Hutt Cartel had assigned him to gather hide & meat from the
Gorgodon species that called this planet home, as they were considered exotic delicacies. Their blaster-proof hides had proven a potent obstacle but the deadly toxic gas stored within his frame had made them easier to scatter. Reaching down to skin the animal carcass and put it into the large bag, each stroke and cut was done with droid precision.

His scanners moved around for a moment as a transmissions was heard, locating the source would be the mission. Hauling the bag of meat over slender frame and making hard prints in the snowy landscape to come upon a
G9 Rigger-class light freighter crashed into the landscape. It appeared to be unoccupied from the outside, but it was better to check than be certain.

A light could be seen as the droid peeled away one of the hinges on a ship panel, and stepped inside.

"Statement: Ship seems abandoned, but further inquiry is necessary."

Delphi Larkspur Delphi Larkspur

Last edited by a moderator:

Ilum
Tags: IG-152B

pi_divider.png

"Statement: Ship seems abandoned, but further inquiry is necessary."

"Hey!"

Delphi wobbled out, still wrapped in her blanket, a stern look on her face. This turned to disgust when she honed in on the bag of... meat, which was now dripping on her floor. Not to mention that her door was now completely damaged beyond use.

"Y-you bucket of b-bolts!" Delphi snapped. "Th-that's my door! And you got b-blood all over my floor! M-maybe knock next time. G-gosh."

The young woman scowled, showing no concern for the capabilities of the assassin droid she was presently staring down.

"G-get on out of here," she told him. "Take your d-driping bag with you."

IG-152B

I

zb0HGo6.png

Scanners moved from one area of the derelict wreck to the next, taking in each and every panel and sub-system in order to obtain their value on the black market. This scanning process was interrupted by the appearance of the lonely survivor of the crash who came from the command room of the G9 Rigger-class light freighter, clutched around a thermal blanket to keep warm from the bitter cold. IG-152B never understood organic emotions and could not tell if the person was angry or merely disoriented from the impact of the crash. Although encountering an intruder breaking inside with a fresh bag of dead meat would make anyone particularly dissatisfied.

"Negative, Statement: Subject is an unauthorized user. Command unrecognized." The IG Unit explained following standard factory protocol, moving around the ship to carry on the scan as blue sensor lights scanned each and every bit of the vessel. Once the scan was finished to perfection did the IG Unit glance at the person occupying the ship.

"Danger, Statement: If you stay in this wreck, the scrappers will come by and they are not particularly friendly with defenseless individuals. Recommendation: You leave this vessel and return to your planet." IG-152B explained with droid monotone, having not developed intelligence enough to speak normally as one might expect. The Scrapper Guilds would no doubt find the wreck and kill the individual occupying it.

Ilum
Tags: IG-152B

pi_divider.png

"D-don't be rediculous," Delphi told the droid. "The sc-scrapper guilds has n-no juristiction on Ilum, a-and the planet is m-m-monitored by the New Jedi Order and G-Galactic Alliance. K-kyber is far too damgerous to leave unattended. Th-they don't want a repeat of the Empire storming this p-place. Th-there's still downed star destroyers here and everything."

Besides, abandon her ship? The thought was proposterous. She hardn't had an option. Leaving it behind would surely result in her freezing to death. This crashed hunk of metal was the only thing helping the Mud-Walker maintain her body heat.

What a disaster.

"N-now will you get your... meat bag out of here?" she asked. "I-it's gonna stink up the place."

IG-152B

I

zb0HGo6.png

"Subject Unintelligent, Observation: If such information was accurate then your shuttle would have been picked up by their scanners and an investigation team sent. You would not have needed to send a distress communication." IG-152B offered a rare rebuke of the statement given by the individual occupying the crashed vessel, if the Galactic Alliance and the New Jedi Order were monitoring this world to prevent a repeat of the Empire's Assault, then his own landing would have been compromised by them almost immediately. It was not a matter of jurisdiction, merely who had the most guns to enforce their claim and the scrappers had plenty from the one's he encountered through the frozen wasteland that was Ilum.

"Another Option: You accompany me back to my ship and we leave the planet." The Droid said moving towards the entrance of the G9 Rigger-class light freighter to grab the bag of meat for the Supreme Mogul's enjoyment. If the organic individual wanted to leave the planet, then the most logical option was to hook a ride on his own vessel for ease of travel. Slinging the bag over the slender shoulder.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom