Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

30,000 Leagues Under the...Commenor...

The Reaper of Won Shasot
bigstock-Fantastic-city-of-the-future-25059890.jpg
The hot, arid air blew into the Rogue's face as he stepped off the Azalea and onto the planet of Commenor. Wonderful in his opinion. Well, as long as he avoided the authorities. Despite Commenor being independent, he doubted his illegal dealings would be anymore welcome here than they were anywhere else. Blackmarket arms tended to be blackmarket for a reason.

"Refuel the ship, Kumi." the man said into his comm unit as he made his way through the spaceport, "And get her restocked. I'll finish up my business here and we can get going."

"Why are we here anyways, kirie?" the grey skinned woman asked, the barest bit of distortion coming through the receiver.

"Just looking for some hard to find parts and stuff. Don't worry about it." the man could tell that on the other side of the comm unit, Kumi was definitely scowling. "Its nothing that'll end the galaxy a'ight?"

"Alright...rigora omos." <<Hurry though.>>

"Alright. See you soon." and with that, the man pocketed his communicator and began to find a taxi.

[member="Lady Kay"]

Kay-Larr

Sphaera Tea Company Owner
[member="Dax Fyre"] wasn't exactly unknown. The port authorities were already scanning his face through their systems, checking for any red flags. And of course there were some. But nothing that required him to be arrested. Crimes done elsewhere weren't important. What was important was what he did here. People didn't tend to make it a habit of comitting crimes everywhere that they went or every day. It would draw far too much attention.

As Dax went on hus search for a taxi that would take him further into Chasin City, he was already being tailed by plain clothed officers. They knew what they were doing, hid themselves well enough. It just all depended on how much their target took notice of his surroundings.

A taxi soon stopped near Dax, it's driver poking his head out to speak with the lad."Where 'ya headed? Off to the tourist traps?"

The Reaper of Won Shasot
"Suppose so." the Rogue said to the taxi driver, over the vehicle's quite humming. "Market district please." he said as he climbed into the back seat of the taxi. The door slammed shut, and Dax leaned back into the surprisingly comfortable seat and looked out the window at the crowds milling about. None the wiser about his 'admirers'.

"Say, do you know where I can find this one cooking shop?" the Rogue asked, "Called the Fat Cat or somethin' like that? Eating space food can get a bit boring after a while ya know?" An odd, but not exactly unreasonable request. In truth, the shop was just a front. All kinds of backroom dealings went on in the store. Butcher's knives upfront, vibroblades and even the odd lightsaber or two in the back. Whoever owned the front was certainly living up to the store's name from what Dax had heard. Lightsabers earned a pretty penny after all.

[member="Lady Kay"]

Kay-Larr

Those 'admirers' just let [member="Dax Fyre"] go. They didn't try to stop him. Instead they just walked by, but took note of the taxi that he had gotten into. The driver was one of their informants, one of many that hung about the spaceport. Although nothing was being recorded, the driver had a great memory. He had to in order to get around Chasin City in great time. The quicker that he was, the greater the tips usually.

The driver heard the request and nodded as he pulled the taxi out of the stop. "Aye, I know it. It's not but ten minutes from here. It's usually busy at this time of day, but you might be lucky." He turned on the meter, punching in the destination on his datapad to get the quickest routes through traffic. Fat Cat's was usually busy in mid afternoon. And there were some that kept a close eye on the place, both above and below ground. "Hope you don't mind small chat, but what brings you out to Commenor?"

The Reaper of Won Shasot
"Just resupplying the ship before we head out again. Figured I'd pick up some stuff to make the food a bit more interesting ya know? Crew can get tired eating the same slop every day." Dax told him. It wasn't entirely a lie either. After all, the man was getting sick of eating the dehydrated crap he'd had to call food lately. "First time to the planet itself though. Gonna have to come back for a real visit one day." The Rogue looked out the window at the crowd milling about outside, his tails walking past, not even taking a glance at the Master, and the Master taking no note of them. Dax turned back to the taxi driver, "You lived here a while?"

[member="Lady Kay"]

Kay-Larr

Yes, there was a variety of foods on Commenor to please nearly everyone. "Just passing through? That's a shame." He eyed [member="Dax Fyre"] through the mirror at times. Sort of a habit while he was navigating the roads. "A while? Aye, I've been here all my life. Seen lots of changes, lots of people coming and going. But the best times are now. Tourism is up and business is booming. What about you? Where's your home? Not on some ship I hope."

The Reaper of Won Shasot
Yeah, things had changed on Commenor. Or at least, that's what he'd heard. Factions had moved through, came and went, each leaving some sort of mark as they all inevitably did. For better or for worse, Dax didn't know.

When the cab driver asked where home was and about it being a ship, Dax couldn't help but let out a small chuckle. Part amused, part irony, and maybe even the slightest bit of sadness. "I'm afraid ships have always been my home." he told the driver, "Although right about now, I'll take my ship over the war that's going on on my planet."

[member="Lady Kay"]

Kay-Larr

"Always been your home, yet you have a home planet, eh? War is as good excuse as any to run, I suppose. Fortunately we've got none of that here. Just some tourist traps, if you know what I mean." The driver chuckled, which then turned into a big belly laugh.

They were more than halfway through their short route to Fat Cat's. "If you want I can show you around, after you pick up your stuff. I'll be off the clock soon anyways and it'd help pass the time before I head home to my....dearest wife." His voice gave every hint that he wasn't inclined to getting home anytime soon. "Whatta you say?"

[member="Dax Fyre"]

The Reaper of Won Shasot
Well Dax wouldn't call it his home. Just his planet. It was complicated. The denizens were complicated. How Dax had earned his claim to the stone-hewn throne of the Ashan House he still didn't quite understand. And he wasn't about to try to explain the absolute cluster-feth to the man who had likely never even heard of the planet. Almost no one had.

"Well, while that is a truly kind offer, I'm sure your significant other wouldn't appreciate me holding you. And besides, I gotta get going. Ship to maintain, crew to feed and a war to fight." the Rogue said, the last bit of his sentence hiding the slightest bite behind a veil of pleasantness. Dax was not the kind that ran away. "I have more business around here anyways. Gotta get hyperdrive parts. And I don't think those will fit in here." Well, it wasn't a complete lie. Hyperdrive parts would certainly not fit into the taxi. But that wasn't Dax's cargo. His were far more valuable.

[member="Lady Kay"]

Kay-Larr

The driver gave a loud sigh as [member="Dax Fyre"] refused his offer. Well that was a real shame. But he knew better anyways. He was going to go home after work to see his wife, but maybe after some drinks.

He caught the bite in Dax's remark. "Wars to fight? Who's at war now? Should we be on the lookout?" Hyperdrive parts. That was well noted. In the back of the driver's mind he was wondering how long this was all going to take before he was given the signal. Those law enforcement types sure liked to take their time. "Depends on the parts of course. But I get ya. Most places deliver to the ports. Though, you could've bought them there. It's cheaper. MUCH cheaper, if you know what I mean." Perhaps he meant theft, perhaps he didn't. He only hinted.

The Reaper of Won Shasot
"Civil war. You folk don't have to worry. Honestly, the planet is so in the dark, its only now recovering hyperspace capabilities." the Rogue explained. To be honest, most of the galaxy didn't even know Won Shasot existed. Its twisted hyperspace lanes had needed blind jumps, assisted by the Force, to discover. In truth, only members of the ORC had yet known of its existence. And very few members at that. No, the taxi driver didn't have to worry about Commenor being invaded.

"So, how close are we? Not that I haven't enjoyed your company." the Master asked with humor.

[member="Lady Kay"] (I'm so sorryyyyyy, I forgot about this :( )

Kay-Larr

( [member="Dax Fyre"] Forgot about me?? Now you're in for it.. :p ;) )

"Civil war? Yeah we got non of that here. No need. Not like we're run by a tyrant or anything."

There it was. The signal. Finally. His onboard radio had changed stations without the driver touching it. He knew the drill. Go down the block, hang a right. "Just 'round the bend. Shame too. Means I'm almost done. Did you want me to wait for ya?" He kept the conversation going as he turned the corner.

Part way down the block he came to a stop. Commenori troops surrounded the landspeeder, weapons raised. Kay herself stood there in waiting, wearing a military-style gown and a look on her face that showed that she was unimpressed.

"Driver. I need a word with your passenger, please."

The Reaper of Won Shasot
Dax, looking out the window, had noticed the change in music. However, he had assumed the driver had been the one to do that. Nothing seemed out of the ordinary to him.
"...Did you want me to wait for ya?"
"No need, thanks though." Dax said just before the cab came to a screeching halt, where outside far too many troops and a rather regal, subtly elegant looking woman demanded to speak to Dax. The Rogue Master rolled down the window and stuck his head out, "Ey! This is how traffic jams start ya know that?" the man yelled out sarcastically. Pulling his head back into the cab he opened the door and leaned his whole body out so that he was essentially hanging there above the speeder lanes, and a long way down. "And you are?"

[member="Lady Kay"]

(Lo siento amiga T-T )

Kay-Larr

(I don't know spanish. We were never taught in school)

The speeder wasn't high off the ground, floating only a foot or two above the paved surface. Commenor wasn't vastly populated enough to warrant the types of speeder lanes and highrises like those found on Coruscant.

She smirked at [member="Dax Fyre"] as he yelled out about traffic jams. As if that was any cause for him to be concerned with. He asked who she was. She responded with a slight tilt of her head. "Lady Kay, Queen of Commenor. And you're a known smuggler that's destined for a new career as a miner. Unless you can convince me otherwise..."

The Reaper of Won Shasot
A queen huh? Well, Dax figured his 'Jedi' card wouldn't work here. Commenor being neutral, the queen likely didn't give a chit about what he was. And he wasn't seeing too many outs at the moment. Too many police. They had him on all sides and were heavily armed. On the bright side, there was only one civilian to worry about. The rest seemed to have cleared out upon seeing the police blockade being established. Still...Dax doubted he could carve through all of those police before they got him. He wasn't exactly wearing battle armor. Besides, they were cops not a SStormtrooper trying to blast his bucket, or a Sith trying to turn him into a shishkebab. Attempting to talk his way out seemed to be his best bet.

"A known smuggler huh? Well I must not be a very good smuggler, otherwise you wouldn't know about it, don't you think?" the man said, stepping onto the ground hooking his thumbs into his pockets. "So, tell me, what exactly do you think I'm smuggling?"

[member="Lady Kay"]

(It means 'I'm sorry, friend')

Kay-Larr

Kay smirked as [member="Dax Fyre"] retorted back. "Smugglers are not ghosts, nor are they invisible. You have a reputation, and a shady one at that." She looked him up and down, more so to take in what kind of a person that he was displaying as his front. Cocky people were usually hiding something and used to getting away with things.

Her police unit were indeed merely wearing uniforms as opposed to armour. Such a thing wasn't needed for them as Commenor had no enemies at the moment.

"Let's say that we go and inspect you ship and your crew, shall we? What's your itinerary? I'll need to see that too."

The Reaper of Won Shasot
"Gladly." the man responded, "But you are aware that the Azalea is a military vessel...or I guess what passes for a military vessel in the ORC." The Azalea was in fact a military vessel, captured from the One Sith during their fall as a part of Operation Sucker Punch. While he had personally not taken part in the operation, a close friend had. She'd gifted him the ship before a sudden disappearance on both their parts. While he had returned, she had not. A loss he deeply felt. As for itinerary...well there was only one thing. Get back to Won Shasot.

[member="Lady Kay"]

Kay-Larr

Kay gave [member="Dax Fyre"] a shrug of her shoulders. "Military vessel or not, it needs to be inspected thoroughly. The underground has tried to regain a foothold here, but they fail. And it's all due to our efforts."

She tilted her head to the side a bit as she studied the young man. "So, shall we head to your ship now? Or did you have somwhere else to be?" Regardless of where he wanted to go, she had every intention of following him.

The Reaper of Won Shasot
"Not anymore, I don't." the man half grumbled. "You don't expect us to walk their do you?"

Dax knew that the Commenori wouldn't find anything...well nothing that would be unusual for an old One Sith vessel. Guns, ammo, the occasional dark side artifact or two...aw chit...dark side artifacts. Dax in fact kept several such artifacts aboard his ship. Mostly sabers from fallen enemies. One in particular, he had on him at that moment. Darth Moreth's lightsaber, which was particularly nasty, swung from his belt. Oddly enough it only ever affected its wielder and true master. The other sabers and random artifacts that Dax had collected however? While not particularly powerful, he was certain the Commenor Queen wouldn't take too lightly too them.

[member="Lady Kay"]

Kay-Larr

Kay raised a brow at some of his answer. It seemed as though they might of been stopping [member="Dax Fyre"] from going somewhere or doing something that he knew that she wouldn't like. "I'm sorry, what was that? Not going somewhere anymore? If you needed to do a little shopping or something...we could easily come along. I've got the time." It might give her more of a clue as to just why he was here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom