Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private 28 Weeks Later...

tython.jpg

Objective: Unknown
Tags: Solo
div1.png

"How long did they say this was going to take to rebuild again?"

Late into the night, a squad of Republic soldiers was keeping watch over the construction efforts being done to help patch up the long forgotten temple that had recently been discovered. The other three were resting inside, while the other two were just outside the main entrance of the large stairwell keeping watch in the pouring rain. It wasn't any surprise, as the weather of Azbrian was nothing but unpredictable.

"Not long, the Jedi who found it mentioned there was only minor damage. The builders inside should be done by the end of the night" his squadmate replied with a puff on his cigara, one of which was being protected by the large hat the soldier was wearing "Good, I think I've had enough rain for one night..." he grunted before falling silent once more. As they both quietly looked out into the distance they both started to hear an increasingly louder humming noise that seemed to be getting closer. The two of them briefly looked at each other and gripped their holstered weapons tighter than before "What is that?" the first man said as the other looked above them in curiosity "I don't know but it sounds like-" but before he could even finish a bright flash blinded their vision.

As the two soldiers raised their blasters one of them was blown away by a savage blaster turret shot to the chest, sending his body flying across the ground like a ragdoll. His buddy, who looked at the mangled body with wide eyes suddenly thought staying still was suicide and made a break for the gate. Dodging and weaving, blaster shots hit the ground on either side of him as he got closer and closer to the gate. With a heroic leap, the soldier managed to dive into the safety of the stairwell gate and took cover. The only problem was, the communicator and controls to the gate were on the other side.

Right now, he was by himself.

With a firm grip on his weapon, he let out a deep breath and carefully peeked around his cover to see a large shuttle landing outside. From the looks of things, the brutes had camouflaged their ship and tried to strike when they were close enough. Now, it appeared they were landing to finish the job. He noticed that the turret of the ship still had its sights on him and he didn't doubt the fact he'd get lit up if he tried to get to the panel. Soon enough, the unfriendly ship had landed and the ramp was lowered. Eight pairs of feet went down onto the ground below, all of which had blasters that were no joke.

"Great, captain chit beard and his merry men have come to have a look themselves..." He snarled to himself before firing off a warning shot to let them know he was still breathing. Even so, all it did was grind the individuals to a halt and stare at the door with all grins on their faces.

Last edited:

tython.jpg

div1.png

"Come any closer and you won't draw another breath!" the soldier shouted from behind his cover to the amusement of the pirates. A few of them chuckled at the proposition and raise their guns at the door, while the largest of the bunch took a few confident steps forward "Hold your tongue, slimebag! else you will share the same grave as your friend" he snapped back with to the soldier with venom, his authority amongst the crew around him present in his tone.

"All we wish to do is have a small look inside, is that too much to ask?" the captain explained before motioning two of his men forward to get closer "Now, get out here and give us what we want!" without out asking twice they began to get closer to the newly build temple doorway, leaving the soldier no other choice but to get ready for the worst.

However, he didn't need to do that after all.

Behind the pirates the sound of a lightsaber cracked through the air, followed by a noise that sounded like metal being sliced in two. In shock, all the pirates snapped their heads at the sight of the ship's turret falling to the green grass in a heap. In its wake, a hooded figure stood before it with ice blue eyes that stared coldly at the pirates stood before him. None of the brutes knew what to do at that moment, other than the captain who soon finally fazed through the daze of what happened "What are you waiting for?! blast him!"

In moments the pirates raised their guns and started blasting, only to see that the figure had turned off his weapon and retreated back into the darkness. The only light they had was the torches on their weapons and a dim like that was facing lighting up the doorway, a fact that Silas was more than happy to use to his advantage "Where did he- ARGHHH!" one of them screamed before being suddenly cut down by a swift strike. One by one they'd fall, their attacker disappearing as quickly as he appeared. With three of them left, they all grouped up and began backing up toward the open gate. They were all shaking and afraid, humbled by the fact a single person had killed many of their former friends "S-Stay away!" The captain warned, his eyes looking into the black wall of darkness like a pinball. There was no response for a short time, up until the hooded figure began stepping out of the darkness once more "Or what? So you can have your way and leave here with your pockets filled?" the Jedi said back with authority before he finally showed himself entirely.

There was no doubt it was a Jedi, but they were more taken aback by how young the Jedi had bested them. For a knight his age, he was far different and natural compared to the Jedi they had come up against before "I will give you three a chance to drop your weapons and surrender. I do not wish to carry more blood on my hands tonight" Silas said to them with, the sound of rain patting off their clothing to fill the silence.

He just hope they had the sense to stop this slaughter.

Last edited:

tython.jpg

div1.png

Seconds passed as the group of men stared at the Jedi, his cold eyes seemingly staring into their souls. Finally, the leader of the rag tag bunch finally replied for the rest of them "O-kay we'll put down our weapons aye?" he said with a stammer before suddenly throwing his weapon to the floor. Not long after, the other two followed suit as they began to kneel down on the floor. In response, Silas turned off his saber and began walking over to the three.

"You all hav-" out of the blue the soldier at the gate appeared and took his time to shoot all three in the back with revenge ridden in his actions. All the pirates fell to the floor with smoke rising from their bodies and with that their sick lives. Without a moment's notice, Silas rushed the man and pushed him hard against the doorway, forcing him to drop his blaster to the ground "W-what are you doing?!" he grunted out in astonishment while he struggled in the knight's strong grip "Revenge is never the way to go!" Silas snapped at him, the grip on his shirt finally loosening a little "They were unarmed and you still chose to shoot them in the back. I know they'd do the same, but a soldier of the republic should never sink that low."

Letting him think about his words, Silas finally let him go "Contact your squad and retrieve the body of your comrade. His body will need to be taken back to his family..." the Jedi said with a stone cold expression, full well knowing what the reaction would be back home. Walking past the man who was silently staring into the darkness, Silas stopped momentarily and felt powerful emotions flow through him. Ones that were filled with sadness and regret. Squeezing the man's shoulder, he indicated that everything was going to be fine before leaving him alone.

"Keep moving forward, that's all we can do..."

Last edited:

tython.jpg

div1.png

Leaving the soldier to digest his loss, Silas went inside the temple and began to walk down the massive stairwell to the front gate. Below him, echos of footsteps and shouts were on their way up. If only they were there when they first attacked, there would have been no loss to weep about today. The knight didn't look at them as they rushed ad made his way to the gate where a man dressed in smart clothing awaited him.

"Knight Westgard, your appearance is rather unexpected..."

The two of them walked up to each other and extended their hand for a firm handshake "I'm afraid so, you seemed to have some less friendly visitors outside I had to deal with" Silas said with a brief nod to the scientist "Well, we're happy that you came instead of them. We wouldn't want them to reverse the work and discoveries we have made here"

Silas looked to the man with a raised brow "Indeed... and did you just say discoveries?" the knight asked curiously, one that was replied with a smile from the scientist "Correct, If you have time, I can show you?" he said back with a motion to the entrance.

"Please, lead the way..."

Last edited:

tython.jpg

div1.png

Leading them into the main hall where he and Valery fought the stone knights, he was surprised to see how clean and fresh it looked compared to the first time they had come inside "You did great work here professor. What have you done with the remaining pieces of the knights?" Silas asked as they stopped in the middle of the hall "Well, that is actually one of the things I was going to tell you. While we were all studying other rooms, we found that the force surrounding the temple was slowly rebuilding them"

Silas could only smile from what he said and curiously looked over to the rebuilt statue. It was almost as if it wasn't touched "Fascinating, I've never seen anything like that in my time as a Jedi" It probably wouldn't even be the last either. The scientist nodded and began moving on to the feet of the large hooded figure sitting on the chair "Admittingly, we haven't until now. We will continue studying and let you know what we find..."

"This figure, however, will be a tougher code to crack"

tython.jpg

div1.png

"I fear he will be one of the faces of the past that have disappeared through time. Through all we know, the temple itself could be older than Valery" The knight said thoughtfully as the scientist nodded back "The age of the stone suggests that exactly. How old exactly is hard to guess I'm afraid." he remarked back as they began to walk into the direction of where the crystal was cured.

"Now, we believe this room is some kind of ritual room. The firepit, the dead tree... we believe the Jedi of that time used them as symbols to worship something. As mentioned before, our knowledge of Jedi during that time is limited. So our chances of really finding a definitive answer are low"

When he was curing the crystal with Valery, he felt a strong presence in the force throughout. It was more heavier than any place in the temple and considering it was used for rituals, they probably picked this spot for a reason.

"It makes sense considering the room helped me and Valery concentrate on healing the crystal. There must be more to this than meets the eye... or is that what you're about to tell me next?

tython.jpg

div1.png

"It depends on what you are expecting, but yes we have discovered something quite strange. During our rebuilding of the temple, we did a scan to map out the entirety of its structure. Believe it or not, there are more areas yet to be seen" the man said as he showed him a datapad with the layout on screen "We are thinking of-"

"No... do not try and force your way in" the Jedi said with a raise of his hand "While I was here with Valery, this room showed itself to us when we needed it most. I believe it will do the same sooner or later..." Silas explained, curious as to what the rest of the temple was hiding.

"I fear if we try to challange the force it will destroy itself and everyone within. We must follow its natural course, not change it."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom