Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

20,000 Leagues (Xeni Kraylu)

@[member="Xeni Kraylu"]

Manaan was a beautiful place and the Selkath since rejoining the Republic somewhat welcoming... Not really but somewhat. The real part that mattered was the underwater research base for exploring the ruins below the surface. Je'daii had set it up as a trip of sorts a way to cut loose and since it was in Republic space she could easily make the trip. More then that she could allow Enya to remain on Tython in her studies which was an important thing. They could look at ruins another day this was all about a restful time and getting to study an underground cave system that had been sealed and drained was something of an interesting idea. The cave would of course predate the ice caps melting so who knew what they might find down there. The source of the kolto was well known and avoided of course because of the heavy concentration of sharks but here was near the poles and a smile came about her face at the thoughts of maybe finding something of the ancient selkath.

"This could prove fruitful in your pursuit of knowledge, Xeni," the voice crackled through her transmitter on her ship's mainframe. Xeni nodded at the statement, and turned off the communication link.

To think a new planet had been stumbled upon. Hopefully, the Jal Shey elders were right in their assumption that there must be some interesting facts about it. If not, she could at least index it into the Jal Shey's long list planets and their properties. However, that came next to her current mission. Manaan. This place had always intrigued her since her lessons years before. That and, well, her clumsiness has become a hazard to her well-being recently. Perhaps she could obtain some kolto from the locals as well. She had finally been granted permission to land on the planet, and she was pumped to find out about this elusive planet and its people.

The island she had chosen was known for having a research facility nearby somewhere (proabably privately owned) and close access to the kolto. That, and the Selkath here were rumored to be a bit more . . . cordially polite and open for trade and such. She hopped out of her ship, and inspected her surroundings before trudging forward.
-------
@Je'daii : I had no idea how to come in, so if I need to fix something, tell me.

@[member="Xeni Kraylu"]

Je'daii arrived at the upper section of the island, well okay since the entire planet was covered in water it was the highest point of a mountain range. The research would take them down deep below the surface and slowly Je'daii walked around holding her satchel pack just off her shoulder with the strap over her neck. The amounts of datapads under her poncho and the rest of her equipment in a second back on her other side. Additional clothing, glow rods and archeological equipment from the explorer corps. Now it was all about what the selkaths could show her. It would become something interesting and walking towards the area she felt the ones around her with her empathy. Her eyes fell upon the builing she was set to enter and dug an ID card from her pocket showing it.

Well, wasn't this grand? Upon answering in sign language the locals' inquires concerning what she was, they had suddenly dragged her towards what they said was to be a research facility. It's true that she was a scientist, but that doesn't mean that she was here for the facility! However, without much of a presence or voice, Xeni sort of had to run with whatever these beings had thought she needed.

Couldn't this have just been a normal trip? She sighed, glanced around. Obviously, the planet was mostly water, which she assumed looked pretty, but the land itself was interesting to look at as well. No matter how little there was.

Finally, after a nice healthy trek, they had finally stopped at a research facility. However, that was not what caught Xeni's attention. Standing nearby was a young woman, her aura brightening Xeni's vision. Oh? She grew slightly worried. Hopefully she wasn't trespassing...
-------
@Je'daii : I apologize for the length and quality. Finals have me a bit wrapped up.

@[member="Xeni Kraylu"]

Je'daii tilted her head up as she sensed more people coming with them. There were a few others and she looked in the woman who had been brought over. Obviously a miraluka.... maybe, a sash could mean several things but usually the race wore them over their non existent eyes for others perceptions. She should be friendly after all and it was always good to meet a fellow colleague which is what she was if she was here obviously. Yes she would have to meet her and slowly Je'daii walked over offering a smile that she forgot for a moment Xeni couldn't see but habit.

"Hello, are you coming down with us to the cave network to explore? I am Je'daii of the jedi order." Another smile and she held her hand out pushing some force energy into it, not enough for much but to light up her hand in the force for a shake would be more then enough while the clinking of datapads and her saber under her poncho came.

Cave? Explore? Her ears and interest perked up at the offer. Oh? Xeni mulled over her choices. She had already obtained the miracle drug, and the unknown planet was not going anywhere anytime soon. At least, it shouldn't go anywhere, but Life could always prove her wrong.

The woman had said her name was Je'daii and offered her hand for a greeting, the individual's Force brightening her vision once more. Xeni's eyebrow rose slightly in thought. Jedi...Je'daii.... Xeni had always surmised that there were very, very few that could beat her devotion to her lifestyle. But, lo and behold, she might have met her match. Xeni nodded, shaking the woman's hand before turning it over and signing into her palm. Xeni hoped that she did know sign language since the datapad was still in her ship. Besides, she despised using the thing.

'Nice to meet you, Miss Je'daii. Name's Xeni Kraylu, a Mentor of the Jal Shey. I would love to explore the crooks and crannies of the cave... if I'm wanted.' Xeni responded, hoping she was. If she wasn't, Xeni would concede, but be quite depressed over the fact that she had to.

-----------
@Je'daii

@[member="Xeni Kraylu"]

Je'daii was squinting for a moment when Xeni took her hand and started touching it and then she realized it was sign language. Then she stiffled a small giggle, it tickled bringing some humor to her face. "Well hello Xeni Kraylu and all who wish to learn are welcome. Not going to turn down a fellow scholar now grab your gear and lets go we can make the shuttle down there." Je'daii moved and motioned for Xeni to follow towards the lift that would take them down. It was really all quite exciting and there is so much that can be found beneath the surface. Oh you should have the most fun. All these new and exciting things to see." Je'daii paused for a moment and made a face while she walked.

Double damn not only had she mentioned the sights that couldn't be seen but being to forward about the enjoyment. It was all strange and getting into the lift she spoke fidgeting with her fingers under the poncho. "Ah sorry, okay, so come on and we'll explore down there I have always wondered about the Jal Shey, so much history and knowledge."

Xeni glanced around as Je'daii mentioned gear. By now, the locals had left, leaving the scholars to their own devices. Xeni only had her satchel on her, her scanner being attached her wrist, and some water, a small dagger, and kolto in her bag. She finally shrugged and enthusiastically grabbed the strap of her satchel. She wasn't quite sure if leaving her cloak on her ship was a good idea, bur Xeni was about to find out.

The woman gestured to the lift and Xeni followed, stepping in with her. The Jedi's obvious joy at the journey and curiosity about the Jal Shey was contagious, making Xeni giddy. Softly smiling towards Je'daii, she gently touched the woman's shoulder and signed.

'I too am happy to see what's down there. As for the Jal Shey, ask away. I too am amazed at what my organization has been able to gather and learn. Even more so, what they can do with that knowledge.'
Xeni's head tiled at the sound of the lift's door closing and prepped herself for the slight jump that most lifts did. She had always despised going into because of that. She had always fallen or stumbled because of that. But not today! Eat that, lift!
------

@[member="Xeni Kraylu"]

Ask... away... Ask away....ASK AWAY. Je'daii's eyes lit up at the mention of such a thing. At the thought of being able to ask anything she wanted. To learn all about an organization that were for lack of a better term very secretive... Though perhaps this was a trap but how could she know? Maybe this girl wasn't really but then if you were going to lie about being part of a group. Choosing one that is know for their wisdom, secrecy and skills in diplomacy was well... Not exactly thinking to brightly. it would be easier to claim yourself a Dark lord of the sith and prove it by kicking a kitten then claiming you were part of the Jal Shey.

"Oh where to begin well we have time in the lift, the pressure of descending down will require some time. Though it will take more time to get back up when the time comes. Being down that far the pressure will be very much quite intense and we'll have to ascend slowly otherwise the bends will take hold. Now where was I oh yes the Jal'Shey, they are a group I have been trying to study quite extensively and learn as much as I can about. Several members have been known in time but not a lot besides the standard diplomacy and the pursuit of knowledge in the force. Oh there are... ah okay we should start at the very basics right. yes the basics."

"Tell me what it is like to be a neophyte in the order, to train and what w=goes into it, I know that they don't take missions until they are ready and getting it is quite difficult but there is also the small problem of the order being nomadic and harder to pin down. Oh do the neophyte get a set of armor like the others? It seems very practical and useful while also letting the force move freely around you. Not like the other arms that some use which are heavy restricting the usefulness of some force powers. Oh let me get my datapad and take the notes one moment."

Je'daii got one of the blank datapads out and stood there while she waited for the signs to come to her. She was really interested in learning and this was just the tip of the iceberg about the Jal Shey she hadn't even gotten to the mentors and other members or how they were trained. Oh too exciting, too exciting. to meet a real one and get to interview them.

If Xeni had eyes, they would perhaps be wide with surprise. She knew her organization did not say much to outsiders about what goes on, but that was more out of not wanting to waste the energy to explain something so contradictory and simple. That, and well, there aren't many Jal Shey to begin with. The mutual widespread desire to travel within the organization probably didn't help either. But had they been so quiet as to elicit this type of desperate response? Xeni pondered, obviously there were some things she could not simply toss into a conversation, but she doubted this child would go that far. And if she did, Xeni would simply not answer. Though if Je'daii inquired about the dipolamcy of the order, Xeni sorely did not know much about that section since she avoided it like the plague.

Xeni dissected the questions as the lift began its slow descent into the planet. 'Training? Training really just consists of three things: learning, meditation, and mediation. Unless an individual wanted to specialize in a particular trade and the order thought it would be a benefit, then they would go to an associate who could train them. Training, however, varies from being to being. Some learn quickly, others do not. Eventually they are asked if they would like to stay or leave. Knowledge flows and thus so must people. To restrict someone to a position is against our thinking. But even should they say yes, the Jal Shey usually only gives missions if they must.' Her fingers were practically unseen as she signed her answers to the woman.

'As for armor and technology, we earn that since it is made carefully by our peers and collegaues. Then we ask for what we need, not what we want. To do so would be impractical. In actuality, this...,' she pointed to her scanner/transmitter on her wrist, '... is the only thing I've asked for. But, yes, I would agree that it is useful to its bearer.' Xeni had to be careful around this subject. Her peers kept their details of their skills a secret, so how it was actually made and what it was capable... was locked and shut.
--------
@Je'daii

@[member="Xeni Kraylu"]

Je'daii was furiously typing into the datapad as she got the information, there was so much and while some of it might be considered common knowledge well It was new to her for the time being. The lift continued to descend and it all wonderfully as the artificial lights got a little brighter. Her fingers moved faster and faster while she watched the woman signing about the order. Oh this was exciting and now... Now she had made a new friend... That was two in her lifetime a great grouping and if she was on one of those holonetwork sites well. She would be sitting mighty fine compared to other, oh yes she could even delete the random one who you always got by default.

"Oh this is so exciting thank you, the information here is glorious oh we could talk for days compared to some of the others I have seen. Though now the lift is nearing the bottom so just a few more questions. Alright now your gear a you said is given as needed and assuming that is the case for everyone, Don't you think it might have been safer to bring some more, we are exploring a cave deep below the ocean that hasn't been used since before the polar caps melted and flooded the world. The ancient selkath were here no doubt as slaves to the Rakatan empire and they were known for their technology that could self replicate with the force or even more their booby traps."

"Oh my look at that I am rambling I am just so excited about this meeting and now ruins to explore, it is like studying the Old City on Tython. So much history and theories about it, since that civilization was older then the Gree who had come and the Kwa predating by several thousand years. The Tho Yors we have found around and the recent discovery of a tenth could lead to oh I do not know but it changes all historical meaning. If more were spread across the galaxy it could mean there were even more secrets or show us glimpses of the past imagine the possibilities. Now when we are down here if you need anything I have most of the supplies that would be needed. As well as a complete audio and visual datapad in case information is needed."

Je'daii's eyes continued to scan around the area and finally settled on the lift doors as they opened. A few others were listening kind of to her but they all moved to get out while she stood there letting them go. Impatient and rude was what they were as she continued to walk and offered her hand out to point and motion. "Alright so now that we are down here, we shuld be dig buddies, you know the buddy system so we don't get lost or hurt or worse. Always good to have someone else with you on a dig also in case you find something that can be significant."

Xeni stood in surprise as the young woman spoke at the speed of light. She bit her lip to stifle a laugh. Yep, she had certainly met her match when it came to devotion. She was about to answer Je'daii's inquiry about bringing more gear when she rambled onto the Tho Yor. That grabbed her attention. Was this what her elders were mentioning about the new discovery? Was it actually that instead of a new planet? Xeni raised an eyebrow. The static on her transmitter did scramble things up from time to time.

But a tenth Tho Yor? Her eyebrows furrowed. While that was quite interesting, especially if it hadn't opened at all, that could lead to several different outcomes concerning the context around the Je'daii themselves. All of the other Tho Yors represented neutral and/or light side ideals. Depending on what representation this Tho Yor had... Then again she was not as well-versed on the ancient Je'daii as the woman with same namesake next to her. Perhaps it was just another one that had been buried in the layers of time.

She turned her attention to the opening lift and waited for the other crew members to unload. She was the stranger in this expedition, so she should wait. Xeni glanced down at Je'daii's hand before gently grasping her forearm. A small smile at the woman before nodding to what she said. It was awfully kind for her to share her equipment with a stranger. Xeni wasn't exactly planning on this impromptu of a field trip, but she was pretty certain that whatever has down here wasn't that bad. Her other travels made booby traps a daily encounter and the only machine that can be used against her was her MMAD bracelet (which quite honestly made a shoddy weapon).

------
@Je'daii

@[member="Xeni Kraylu"]
[sorry there was no speech to respond to it had me thinking for awhile]

Je'dai felt the hand on her arm and smiled while walking down the hall slower then the others but she was also taking in all the sights. The research area sure but then there were the actual caves that branched off from the main walkway. Those were the ones the others were going into an with the woman Xani... je'daii kept going letting her eyes go along the pipes until... Until she found a cave path no one was in for now or at least not yet.. They could be the first or second group while she moved down it and looked around. No time for speaking yet it was all about observations and theories in case they saw anything.

Je'daii kept moving down the cave and staring while she thought about what to say, so much was there to see kind of it was really just rocks with some water marks then lights but all of that mattered. Her eyes flicked back and forth along the walls until she saw a crevice and stopped to look up it. There was an entire secondary chamber above them and Je'daii spoke seeing there was enough space they could fit if nothing else it was something unexplored or maybe just ignored. "There is a spot, I could just fit though if I toss my stuff up there and we climb a little. Want to try going up?"

Xeni leisurely looked about as the woman led her into a secluded chamber. Light and shadow wasn't really a concept Miralukas knew but the cave was interesting enough, though nothing of great importance. Then again, she couldn't see if there were colours or lights and such, which sometimes irritates her to no end. She was always prone to missing things; important things because of vision.

Xeni turned her attention to Je'daii as the woman mentioned something about climbing. She glanced up and inspected the spot before nodding and signing that she would help lift Je'daii if needed. Xeni was pretty nimble and could probably fit in that hole easily. But not everyone can be that talented, so it would probably help Je'daii if Xeni lifted her through. A hidden place was always a yes in her book!
-------
@Je'daii

@[member="Xeni Kraylu"]

Je'daii looked at Xani signal she was in and willing to lift while the zeltron stretched. Her poncho and gear she took off and set down leaving a form fitted body glove that was great for differing temperatures. She quickly started to move going at the wall and making sure her hands were dry, Je'daii climbed quickly swinging a little as she spoke. "Careful, watch your head." Slowly her hand holds moved to the crevice and pulled herself up until she reached the floor. Slowly wedging herself in Je'daii climbed letting a few drops of sweat come down across her brow then drip off her nose until she was up and over laying on the floor. Her breath brought a cloud of dust before her face and a smile.

Je'daii brought a foot over the edge and sat there while looking down at Xani. "I'm okay, it is a pretty big section, guide up the equipment." Je'daii reached out with the force and breathed in grasping the satchels and poncho then exhaled to lift them towards her slowly. Didn't want to snag them on a rock while her eyes squinted. Slowly and finally it made it up while she set the equipment to the side and grabbed the fiber cord tossing some down. "Alright you grab and hold on I'll lift, watch out for the rocks when you come up."

Or maybe she didn't need the help. Xeni watched as the woman climbed and wormed her way up through the hole. Xeni did have to duck a few times, but she was more worried about Je'daii. Then again, the woman was probably used to shoving through tighter spaces than the present one.

After the equipment was lifted, a fiber cord hit her in the head. Well, at least Je'daii was trying to be helpful, but she really doubted that the woman would be able to lift her easily. So, instead, Xeni tied the cord around her waist (in case she fell) and sized up the hole. She might get a few scrapes, but she should be able to reach the ledge then pull herself up. She crouched and judged the hole once more before launching herself. She slammed against the wall, grabbing ahold of a jutting rock. The hole inches away. Ok, so she miscalculated it a little bit. She swung her body and her hand caught the edge of the hole. Xeni grunted as she hoisted herself up next to Je'daii.

Finally, she lifted her into the chamber, some sweat on the back of her neck. So, perhaps, she needed to get back into climbing things again. Xeni stood up and untied the cord, holding out her hand for Je'daii to use to get up. She turned her attention to new environment.
---------
@Je'daii

@[member="Xeni Kraylu"]

Je'daii took Xani's hand as she rose up to stand next to her and looked at the equipment while taking in the rest of the cave they had climbed into It was more vaulted with the ceiling in some places going into more shadows. There were sections that waters dripped from stalagmites, there was so many other things to see. The soft light let her move while she pulled the fiber cord up bringing it back to her pack while securing her poncho and satchels. Her eyes flicked back to Xani and she spoke with a smile. "Oh you should see it, now much to see but oh no one may have walked in here for eons. We should head out from here."

Je'daii kept walking while her eyes looked around going down a cave that got darker and darker until her hands were dark shadows against the blacker shadows of the cave. Until the orange light of the glow rod came to illuminate the path. Her senses flared out to pay attention to the area while another took out a scanner. The reading could give anything in case there was something hazardous. Maybe there was more things down here buried.

Xeni nodded at Je'daii as she took in the cave. It was pretty big compared to the previous one. Xeni followed behind, her MMAD taking random scans and sorting through information. Xeni's view did not consist of light and dark but by the way Je'daii was going slowly and bringing out flares, she could only assume that it was dark. Attempting to be helpful, Xeni scooted in front of Je'daii and signed to her that it was probably in best interest for her to lead. Without hesitating, Xeni moved on, maneuvering around spiked rocks and dangerous jagged edges.

Still, no fatal gases or liquids came across their paths. However, Xeni had to suddenly halt when she came to the edge of a rather large hole. Xeni glanced down, holding onto the sides of cave. She couldn't see the bottom clearly. So, no casual jumping here. A look straight ahead. Across the hole was the continuation of the cave.

That's a bit strange. It's as if something rather large just dug right down. She glanced above and was met the same results. Xeni moved to the side to give the woman a view of their obstacle and signed on her arm.

'Shall we continue?'
-----------------------
@Je'daii
I hope that was decent. :)

@[member="Xeni Kraylu"]
[stupid tag of my name never working]

Je'daii gave a nod as she took it in, the glow rod was decent not perfect for seeing around the entire area but she could see the hole and cracked another one while standing there. With a look she dropped the orange stick down the hole and watched straining her eyes to see the faint light before even it was gone to the abyss. She didn't want to keep staring, someone had once told her if you stared to long into an abyss it started to stare back and seeing all of it she began to get the idea. Her eyes went around the darkness getting a good idea as the hole was perfect like a drill but she couldn't see grooves where it spun... So laser drill that could have been it or other thing. It meant the area they would hav been walking in might have had a hole also... with lights. Maybe.

"It is very strange but I think we can get across it with some equipment. Hold on." Je'daii removed the riber cord from the pack and some of the pins setting the one in as she tossed another glow rod to the side opposite the hole. Her eyes told her it wasn't too far a meter and a half at best, something she could easily jump as slowly Je;daii tested the line and backed up. Then she was off using the force to strengthen her legs, strengthen her muscles. Then she was in the air and for a brief moment there was a howling sound, she heard a howling abyss and it was sending a chill down her spine. Then she was on the other side with the glow rod and securing the cord. A harness for safety not that she had practiced it beyond if she had fallen the robe would have caught and slammed her ito the stone.

"Alright sending the harness over for you, and then I am going to set one of the head lamps here with a longer cell to warn us when we are coming back." If we come back she didn't mention but it was all part of the plan this was after all why she was here. To do as needed and now... Now Je'daii breathed in a breathe of cool air. Whatever mysteries might be at the bottom of that shaft they were crossing or above it could come to them but they had underground caves to explore.

Xeni almost reached out for the woman as she jumped across the hole, worry spiking into her heart. She sighed of relief upon seeing the safe landing of the Jedi.

Xeni nodded as she caught the harness being tossed her way. After adjusting the contraption to fit properly and securing her belongings, Xeni glanced downwards into the hole then towards the other side. While she had some confidence in her athletics, it didn't quell the small hesitant fear inside. A deep breath in and a slow release as she stepped back a few steps, crouching down slightly. After a moment, she bolted and leaped off the side. Time slowed as she soared, cold air shooting up her spine. Some part of her was reassured that darkness did not exist in her vision as it probably make the entire ordeal more terrifying. Time sped up as she neared the other side.

She painfully hit the the side of wall, gripping the ground of the hole. Well, that was a miscalculation. She should've put more force into her legs. Grunting, she pulled herself up, and eventually stood. That was gonna leave a bruise. Xeni shook off the pain as she undid the harness and gave it back to Je'daii.
-------
@Je'daii : I'm so sorry for the late post! Dx

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom