Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2 Birds

Jsc

Disney's Princess
This is something I've always wanted to try but never had the nuts to actually do it. So I wanted to see if there was anyone out there who had tried this kind of venture before? Have you ever had more than one of your PC's in a single thread before?

Hear me out. I've written billions upon billions of threads with NPCs, sorta named heros, sidekicks, and even some of those witty party-based banter thingys before. But I've never actually entered more than one of my PC's into an adventure since 2009. Now. Yes, let's dismiss the PvP padding inclinations here. I'm not talking about 2v1 another guy with my own alts or swooping in to save the day Craftshop Style. I'm talking about throwing more than one PC at a story and watching them rub shoulders with everybody. Even each other.

Sooo yeah. Anybody ever tried that before? How'd it go. Just curious? Because I just realized that none of my PC's have ever, ever, met each other inside a public thread before. :D

Taboo, cliche', or just another missed oppurtunity? Hmm.

Jsc

Disney's Princess
[member="Raven Avachei"]

Nice. I'll take a pizza too. Just, you know. Whenever you get back. An stuff. ...An stuff. :D :p

[member="Jay Scott Clark"] Fun question!

I have one thread here where I'm doing this. Basically it's a dev thread where my less than ethical psychiatrist is developing a new drug for the criminal underworld and is testing it on a human subject. What he doesn't know is that the human subject's boyfriend has decided to show up unannounced. I play both the doctor and the boyfriend in the thread.

They've only started interacting with one another, but so far it's been pretty interesting because both of those characters are well-developed enough to have some snappy back-and-forth dialogue with one another.

Ashin Varanin

Professional Enabler
My first board only allowed one account per writer, and put a higher priority on supporting characters and NPCs. Rave, Boolon, Linna and the Bard started that way, among others. People wrote longer posts, on average, and they felt...broader, more open, more grounded, more comprehensive, just in terms of access to what sometimes felt like a fully realized world. That's one thing you do that I've always liked, Jay - your use of NPCs, companions and such. When it comes to Chaos, so long as my characters aren't training my other characters, I find that one good way to blitz a solo development thread is to really examine what would happen if two of your characters ran into each other in circumstance X. Also a good opportunity for those long-overdue conversations, if you happen to play characters who are each other's family.

I do it a lot. As a matter of fact, I think almost all of my active chars have met at some point and have some history with one another. Firemane's Gehenna thread had Sio, Kaida, Moira and Naamah all in one thread. LOL.

Moira and Siobhan worked together (rather grudgingly) at OP and TRA (the incarnation led by [member="Jorus Merrill"] and [member="Delila Castillon"], not the new group) and blew up stuff. Oh, and then Moira plotted with Darth Shadow to murder her. That was fun as well.

Kaida was Sio's minion at OP (much to the elf's annoyance!) and since the Eldorai Angelii and Firemane often work together...there's plenty of chances for them to meet. Both really hate each other. What with Sio being an extremely decadent, pompous aristo and Kaida hating people like that. Whereas Sio regards Kaida as extremely dull because the woman is bloody stoic all the time, not to mention sees her jealous.

Naamah and Moira have never directly met, but Naamah knows of her...and wants to murder for the whole Atrisian Force-User Purge thing. Naamah had a rather...intimate encounter with Siobhan and [member="Mirien Valdier"], though neither knew it was her at the time because shapeshifter. Naturally, both hate each other these days because Naamah's an Always Chaotic Evil psycho. If my plans for her work out...she'll be on Kaeshana a lot soon after getting mind-wiped, much to Sio's annoyance. Callisto and Moira have long background history because in the old Contruum days Moira was Callisto's commander...then eventually thought it was a jolly good idea to entech her. I think them fighting at some point would be fun. Tarissa and Sio..are good friends. Probably the one exception to the rule that none of my chars like each other.

Anyhow, when it makes sense I like to have my chars either directly meet or display their thoughts about each other. The snark level rises a lot.

Ashin Varanin said:
Also a good opportunity for those long-overdue conversations, if you happen to play characters who are each other's family.

Rave and Jorus meeting in that dev thread was fun and sweet. Shame Rave erased herself.

skin, bone, and arrogance
Ahhh, roleplaying with myself. It's really the only way to guarantee a quality response and to know that some jagoff isn't going to ruin the thread with asshattery. Then again it does take rather a lot of the spontaneity out of things.

Jsc

Disney's Princess
Avadreia Lacroix said:
Ahhh, roleplaying with myself.
I've done enough NPC dialogue in my years to have qualified for 'RPing with myself' just about everyday since I started. It's kinda just 'writing' now to me. Which, is one of the reasons I think I'm finally dropping my personal barrier's towards: myPC with myPC interactions. It's starting to feel less 'taboo' to me and more like the only 'undiscovered country' left to pioneer. I mean, I'm not a perfectionist. But I do like to wonder, what if?

Thanks for the feedback everyone. I've not heard a horror story yet. Which is really pumping me up to try new things. And, like Ashin said, to finally have those 'long-overdue conversations'. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom