Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

100 RP Thread Feedback!

It feels like forever since I last did one of these, and frankly I don't think I've ever done one for Arcturus, but here I go all the same.

Arcturus just recently hit 100 RP Threads! That milestone came with the decision to finally Knight him. I must say he's probably had the longest journey to Knighthood I've written, beating out my previous 50-thread record by a lot. But development goes far beyond Force User ranks and the like, so I'm curious what you all make of him as a character, how far he's come, etc.

What do you like? What do you not like? Give me it all, bebe!

Personally, he's one of my favourite characters to write. There's so much more I want to do with him, so much more I want to develop, but I figured that getting some feedback from the rest of you on what works and what doesn't could be nice.

Link for the lazy: https://www.starwarsrp.net/threads/arcturus-dinn-taral-the-sandman.160348/

Sandy is our friend. We are happy to know him and happy to him embrace the Sandman.

in all seriousness it hurts my teeth interacting with him and the rest of our once-acolyte pack. He's a pure sweetheart that kinda reinvented what it was to be both sith-ish and progressing in the force ranks.

I think my biggest note is I am curious to see what he would be like with a bit more metaphorical teeth.

I think my biggest note is I am curious to see what he would be like with a bit more metaphorical teeth.

I think this "Arc the Dad" arc is definitely going to bring out more of that protective side of him. I'm also excited to delve into the premise that not everyone is secretly some friend waiting to be unearthed, that he can't enjoy the company of everyone and at some point he has to start drawing lines in the sand. Teeth for the sandman indeed!

Also I love writing with you <3 Arc and Mel have a weird dynamic but I love it ^^

It's tempting to just say "Arc best boi, no complaints, he's perfect" but I want to actually give a real critique and try and be helpful n stuff.

Unfortunately I can't really think of anything that hasn't already been said, or which can't be explained as the consequence of the SE faction dying before his acolyte storyline could properly finish/issues you've talked about before. I agree with Mel, I do wanna see him show his teeth, he can't just be sweetheart babu barely-a-Sith and still have the "Dad who loves his kids but is too corrupt to be around them much" storyline at the same time. 'Cause that'll just make it seem weird and unbelievable. Arc, too corrupt? The dude healed my sister, made my crops grow, purified the water supply, and brought my dog back from the dead! He's a saint, I tell ya!

That said, one of the more interesting things about him is the conflict between being a Sith and being... himself? He's still technically just a normal person underneath it all. Er, normal in the sense that he has a developed sense of empathy and isn't out to kill and/or lord over people. Other characters with a similar slave background would become edgelords, but Arc somehow wound up a nice guy, a decent person even. Other Sith like him too much to truly get mad when he goes off and rescues Jedi younglings in battle. The man is so chill, he makes friends everywhere he goes. And you know what they say, "no man is a failure who has friends"!

In short: he can have friends, but yes, he needs to make some enemies as well. It's the only thing that makes sense given his arc and the fact he's a Sith.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom