Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

1 + 1 = 3?

Alleycat

OCC Account - MTFBWYA
Sure enough just as Dirks was ready to go back down and join the ladies the security chief received a message from [member="Judah Dashiell"] with data on a new Salacia base that was going up on Morellia out in the Silver Sanctum territory. He needed to peruse over the initial information and send a reply back to his boss.

The Rendili slipped down the stairs and peaked in on the two women in his life. They seemed to be getting to know each other so Dirks moseyed on down the back hallway to his office where he could take a better look at what Judah had sent him on his home data station. It shouldn't take him long, then he would join the girls for the rest of the evening. Hopefully bedtime would come sooner than later for the household as Dirks was so ready to be tucked in for the night. Yeah his male mind went there.

[member="Calise Novar"] [member="Norah Kitts-Castillon"]

[member="Calise Novar"] | [member="Dirks Hutchinson"]

It was going to be an adjustment getting used to Calise as well. Norah was just trying to settle in with Hutch -- there were still some shaky bits in their relationship. If this woman made Hutch happy then Norah would work to trying to get along with her the best of her ability. Hopefully Hutch and Calise weren't hoping for some quasi-mother/daughter relationship. The redhead could handle a lot but was fairly certain she didn't need someone coming in and trying to mother her to death.

Favorite stuff? She struggled for a response.

"Erm...I suppose purple is my favorite color....I like nerf steak and when I'm not in school I read. There's not much to say about me really."

Norah wanted to steer the conversation clear of herself.

"So how did you meet Hutch? Let me guess, dashing pilot?"

Clearly the redhead had seen the holos and medals Dirks had gotten during his time in the military.

:: HERO of KORRIBAN ::
"Dashing pilot, I wish," Calise grinned happy to see Norah was playing along. "I met him looking for work. He was trying to cure his sorrows after the loss of an old friend the old pilot way by finding the bottom of a bottle."

Calise left out the part of the pool game which carried on to the next morning, and how it never led to her finding work. She also was going to leave out the part about how it took Hutch five years to come around afterward. There was a very simple explanation why there were no Holos of Calise around, Hutch didn't have any. The couple hadn't spent a lot of time with each other. They just knew though, and that's what scared them, Calise especially. Her mother wasn't supposed to be right about the just knowing part.

"You know, Hutch makes a great nerf steak. It might be almost winter, but I bet I could convince him to pull the grill out. He's got a great patio here for it. He did a good job getting this place."

The brunette was glad they seemed to be getting along. She grabbed a couple slices of pizza, a few wings, and a couple ribs and put them on a plate for Hutch. She grabbed a cold als out of his cold storage, and walked it back to where she had caught him wandering off too. Calise set the plate on the desk, with the ale, and kissed his cheek. She rubbed his shoulders a bit and walked back to the kitchen.

"So, Norah, what position do you play? I want to here all about it. It's been too long since I played."

[member="Norah Kitts-Castillon"] [member="Dirks Hutchinson"]

Alleycat

OCC Account - MTFBWYA
"Aww thanks… You're the best, Cal!" Hutch said flashing a very appreciative smile the Spiran beauty's way as a cold ale and plate full of food was placed to the side on his desk. He was right in the middle of typing his message back to [member="Judah Dashiell"] regarding the new base on Morellia and [member="Calise Novar"] had caught him in mid-thought. The Rendili managed to give her perfectly formed rear-end a playful slap as the leggy brunette turned to leave him to his work. Force he was a lucky man to have Calise back in his life, especially now.

"I won't be too much longer, promise, then I'll be yours and [member="Norah Kitts-Castillon"]'s for the rest of the evening... and all yours long into the night if we play our cards right, sweetheart."

​The thought of that last part made the security chief hurriedly get back to work so he'd be done sooner than later. Hopefully the girls were getting along. Dirks knew it wouldn't be a walk in the park, but thought if they could find common ground pretty quickly it would help them form a lasting bond.

"So drinking like every pilot tale?" Norah couldn't say she was surprised. Most of Hutch's stories seemed to revolve around flying and drinking. The slight redhead didn't think both of those things normally went hand in hand. However it appeared she had a lot to learn about being in a military. Some of her mothers stories also had alcohol involved. Maybe it was a way to loosen up after nearly dying or something.

"I don't think winter here on Ceto is like winter elsewhere...where it gets cold. Some kids at school were talking about typhoons. I think it just gets rainy here instead."

Of course, cold or rain it didn't seem to matter, Hutch wouldn't be able to actually grill in a downpour. Perhaps if she bought him an umbrella for Lifeday, one just for the grill? She could probably do it herself, although it would be extremely wise to experiment on a day when Hutch and Calise were gone for the day. Judging by their antics it wouldn't be too long before she got to babysit herself on a date night.

"Defender....not the scary defenders, the big girls near the back. Just the ones more central to the field."

"Well we played some pool too. If I remeber correctly he totally played me, made me think I was winning then finished the game off quick like when he realized, well... honestly his reasoning is a bit fuzzy at this point. That was several years ago."

Calise didn't want to give [member="Norah Kitts-Castillon"] the wrong impression about the relationship. It was something she was sure Hutch didn't want either. All the lectures from her parents about how she was going to explain her rebellious streak to he kids someday started coming back to her. At least they weren't here to lecture her on moving in with a guy that had become a single dad overnight. Nothing was going to change Calise giving this a shot. She knew, he knew, they were good together, and should be together. The real question was whether Norah was going to get along with it. Calise wasn't going to make Hutch pick if things got tough. Norah needed him, and that was that.

"Well, I'm certain he'd figure out how to grill up the meat. The rain might get old after a while, but the cold is far worse to me. We can always get off world if you want to see some snow. There are a lot of great places, and many of them have resorts where we can enjoy the snow as much, and anyway, we want to. With what I just saw Hutch pouring over in his office, we are going to have to make sure he takes a vacation."

Calise could see it now. Hutch would easily get lost in his work, and not because he didn't care for his ladies, but because he wanted to do a good job to support them. It was always a trade off. Another of her mom's sayings came to mind. If you don't want to be poor then you'll have to put up with a busy man. Norah's games would be a break for him at least. She was certain Hutch would make those.

"That's a great spot to play, and you get to cover more from there. Can't wait to see you play! What's your number?"

[member="Dirks Hutchinson"]

Alleycat

OCC Account - MTFBWYA
[member="Norah Kitts-Castillon"] [member="Calise Novar"]

Time had simply gotten away from Dirks. The security chief had gotten lost in his work, course before "the ladies" in his everyday life that is all he had other than working out and maybe catching a game or three at Jacksons. The Rendili was going to have to work harder on balancing things or risk losing his girls… That would be easier said than done. It just wasn't natural for the former womanizing bachelor.

The new Salacia base on Morellia that was going to be built into a mountain grabbed his attention in a big way. [member="Judah Dashiell"] was well known for his innovative ways of building things. One of the main reasons Dirks liked working with and for his old buddy from their Rebel days. The Galactic Alliance's base on Sullust was an engineering wonder. It was built in and around a volcano! He'd not seen it yet up close and personal, but one of these days Hutch was sure his business would take him there. Morellia was definitely on his bucket list in the near future.

After finishing up his thoughts, ideas, and concerns about the new project and sending it off to his boss for further consideration, the dark-haired Rendili shut down his data station, grabbed his now empty plate, and headed back to join Calise and Norah. As he entered the kitchen, Dirks smiled hearing them conversing in a comfortable way from his advantage. That made him happy, and his heart go pitter patter. Maybe just maybe life was taking a really good turn.

"Yeah, what is your number, kiddo? I'm really looking forward to your game. I wouldn't miss it for the world… " Hutch interjected, flashing a lopsided grin as he leaned on the island where the ladies were eating and stole a green pepper from his Spiran beauty's pizza slice. "My number was seventeen when I quarterbacked."

"Its not important you be at every game....the team isn't that great anyways. I'm not even that great."

Norah wasn't sure what to think, both of them showing up to each game. She wasn't opposed by their presence in the slightest. Merely worried it would be a waste of both of their time. Limmie was something that kept her mind off things that were going on in her life. A chance to escape and feel like a normal pre-teen girl for a little bit.

Hutch emerged from office area and added in how much he wanted to see her play as well.

"Nine. Really....you don't have to come. Its just going to be boring with a whole bunch of Limmie moms for company. They are the worst."

"I'm sure they are horrible company, but you deserve your own cheering section too. We're not gonna let a few Limmie moms scare us off are we Hutch?"

Calise got it, Norah was almost a teenager, and she was wanted a bit of freedom. There was also the fact she had just lost her mother recently and was adjusting to life. There was no beginning to understand the emotions she was going through, but she didn't need the space she thought she wanted. Norah needed people to be there for support. Calise wanted her to know she was there if Norah wanted that from her. It was hard to think being with Hutch meant she was in some aspects a mom, but the situation pulled at her heart strings. The brunette couldn't help but reach out.

She was happy Hutch came out though. More than anything, his company is what she wanted. Her mind had been spent all day thinking about their reunion and how amazing it was going to be. This had been a curveball for sure, but it was a welcome one. Calise knew it meant the two would have to get creative though. Calise was feeling a yawn coming on placed a hand over her mouth as she did so. She nudged Hutch as she started to clean up the food, and smiled.

"So it's been a long day of travel, and it's gonna be getting late soon. Who wants to help me get settled upstairs before we all call it a night, hmm?"

That was Calise's way of figuring out where Hutch put her things when he took them upstairs.

[member="Dirks Hutchinson"] [member="Norah Kitts-Castillon"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom