Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Space Arena

Sempra whipped his tail in excitment as he overheard the verbal challenge. He pointed forward with a chubby arm. His movement caused a stir among his fragile slaves who started to push and haul te Hutt seat Sempra had chosen closer to the Arena railings.

He chuckled amused and pulled a tree frog from his nearby water casket.

"Ho ho, armoured fighters is an expensive amusement. This will be pleasing to behold." he declared and licked the frog with delight.

Vitani smiled and reached out to stroke the creature on the head. "I like that name." she looked up at Cadan, she hadn't met someone of his species before. "What are you? If you don't mind me asking..." she asked, though she wasn't human herself. "What happened to your boss? Is he okay?" she asked, her natural curiosity showing.

She looked down at the arena and looked around for any excitement.

[member="Cadan Tazi"]

Transiting the Jackals? That earned a raised brow at [member="William Kerkov"] though she said nothing. The Jackals were technically independent after all, they just fell under the increasingly wide cast umbrella of things she thought of as hers and would fight to defend. Still, a hireable naval force was always good to be connected to. The Ravens had ships and manpower, but they were not precisely an army, nor did she intend to make them one.

Autonomy. Independence. Freedom.

This was what the Ravens were. This was what she'd take on the whole damned Galaxy to ensure they stayed. Was taking on about half the galaxy currently.

Sei ercio, dan bayid n'uhan jemae, Do bayid dey cea xean ohsid cei, sei poy bayid xaelnan dan xeed dan toc nolsi kuces, ko Do bac llu'ehan tae ji rol Do bayid co'ae ji tol xeed dan toyid n'uhan kue dei tloke, cea y Do l'ihcah.

That was a grim thought however, and one for another day. Or not at all. True as it was, sure of it as she was growing, it was not helpful. She could not change it. No, that was inaccurate, she could, and easily, but she would not. Some things were more important.

"There is a match under way. It would be rude to interrupt."

Lysle was in his guise as [member="The Upright Man"]. While Chiasa trusted Flannigan enough for their partnership, there was no saying who was in the crowd, and she'd not call him by his name or out him here. He was afforded quite a bit of freedom by being thought dead. Someone might as well be able to live their lives as they pleased. Gods knew she couldn't any more.

Untrue. We chose those.

Someone had to. There was no one else.

It was a choice all the same.

She did not know how to deal with Lysle quite frankly. She'd kept him informed when he'd disappeared, and kept his secrets. He'd never ventured any opinions or advice. Then Cryax had first had a breakdown and then turned traitor, and the Twi'lek had stepped up, because someone needed to. Because the Ravens could not be allowed to fall. Lysle had chosen to return then, and she had been relieved. Extremely so. She'd harboured vague notions of him getting to know the new Ravens, gaining their loyalty, and her being able to slowly transition the mantle of leadership back onto him. Let him bear the weight and strain of it. Instead he had immediately and viciously undermined her in front of the Unkindness. At a time when they needed unity and strength. And then disappeared to pursue his own agenda, as usual, leaving her to pick up the pieces once again.

Now here he was, wanting to fight her in front of strangers. Not of the Unkindness. He had not even the decency to challenge her in their own Fight Club. A leader should fight beside their people. Perhaps when she'd been reporting events to him she should not have downplayed or left out her actions as much as she had.

Once upon a time he had been the single unobtainable, unreachable object of her affections. What he asked she did. Now he seemed set on humiliation. Why? Because she'd held the group he'd abandoned together? There was some anger, but mostly she was just confused and hurt. It did not translate to her face.

Her personal feelings didn't matter any more. She did not get to be Chiasa, the individual. She was only the uncompromising, unyielding face of the Red Ravens.

We all wear masks.

Ashin Varanin

Professional Enabler
[member="Mongo Booshi Mella"] [member="Flannigan Mcnash"]

Acklays were no joke. Even competent lightsabre fighters had been known to fail against acklays, and Ashin's lightsabre was not on her person. Her helmet's overlays tracked it as one big lifesign, a blotch of outlines according to different sensors. The acklay lunged, bringing up one leg to spear down at Ashin, and she slipped into a deep forward stance. Her armored forearm came up in an overhead block that snared the deep notch in the acklay's leg. The longer of the horn prongs bashed and slid against the back of her helmet. Even with the Force as her protection, as ever, the impact was jarring. Her helmet twisted sideways, and she lunged under the acklay's belly, striking up with the vibroblade while ripping her helmet off.

When she emerged from the mess in a tangle of bloody horrors, her face was revealed. Ashin Varanin - retired Grand Admiral, former Sith Empress, conqueror of ten thousand worlds, worth half a million alive to some. The helmet was full of blood; she tossed it aside and watched as the acklay bled out from its horrendous gut wounds. After a few moments' consideration, she flicked the vibroblade into its throat, a mercy kill. The flimsy blade finally died.

"Next," she said, as if nothing had changed.

Sempra more or less choked on his frog. The poor thing finally managed to pop out of the hutt mouth only to be caught by Sempras Nikto guard who carefully put the poisoneos reptile back in its cask.

This is a too good opportunity to be lost sempra mused. But there was no way he or his slaves could wrest a sith lord on their own, even less so with many others who probably would want to get involved.

With only a moments hesitation the hutt finally decided to play it safe. Through a secure channel he broadcasted Ashins face along with one place: "The Space Arena" - tagged with the date.

The recipients would be the bounty hunters guild and Silas, who apparently was offering 20 000 for this sort of information.

Nervously Sempra put down his holo-link hoping that the sith empress would have been to busy to notice his manuever.

Objective: Kick Ass and Take Names
Allies: [member="Ashin Varanin"]?
Enemies: [member="Chiasa Kritivaas"], and co.

70 million credits.

That was a lot... a little less than what Popo offered her six years ago (yikes), but it was something a lot easier to take down than mining four tons of material: a Jedi.

More accurately a force user, but Triam often found it difficult to go through the effort of making distinctions with these things unless they were Sith. Speaking of Sith, the bounty explained her perplexed mood. You see, Triam being a former Republic girl with a big hot shot General Dad as her Father, and formerly being a Republic Soldier for a few months before deserting, she was taught - no, practically indoctrinated - to hate the Sith. So of course, she did. She also learned however, that in order to make a living you sometimes had to do unsavory things you didn't want to do.

So the Sith wanted this orange chick, and it was within her capability to bring her in, then she would be forced to do it. Her business needed a desperate flow of money... and by her business, she meant herself.

Of course, that doesn't explain entirely why she was here. For one thing, she wasn't 100% positive her quarry was here, and at first, even ignored the possibility of entering the arena... until she did some fact checking. Don't ask her how she figured it out, she probably would just boast and lie to you about how she did it, because she didn't really know how she stumbled upon the information either. Despite this however, she had gotten a tip that her target might be here, so she entered.

What she did not expect however, was to find a familiar voice in the arena: Ashin Varanin.

They fought once in the Tournament of the Cauldron, a very difficult opponent that she only won because Ashin was honorable enough to give Akovin a fair fist fight that lasted all of two seconds. That shouldn't discredit anyone's opinion of how Triam Akovin the Relentless had bested arguably one of the most infamous force users in the galaxy, as her equipment did carry her a long way in their engagement, and did manage to bring Ashin to harm and at considerable risk of death. It just ended up that they both listened to their instincts not to die, realized they could both be reasoned with, and struck up a deal with each other to get both of them out of the watery death trap alive.

So that bit of personal history was something of note, since at the conclusion of that duel some years ago, Triam remarked that she had called her opponent worthy of her respect, and in her mind, a friend. That possible respect and friendship would be tested out today, it seemed.

Her skill in combat was certainly remaining unchanged as Triam watched her emerge from a dangerous Acklay.

She was not here for Ashin however, but someone else. It wasn't wise however, to go up to the person running the show and asking for the location of their boss. She had a picture, obviously, but she needed to get close. That was also when she received a signal about Ashin's bounty, which she promptly dismissed.

Calmly, she walked, appearing as one of the observers, and approached [member="Flannigan Mcnash"] and his entourage with a drink in hand.

"May I make a toast to some wonderful entertainment?"

Post Vizla... a strange smuggler name, but it is funny to hear that at first, considering the traitor known as Pre Vizla existed centuries ago. The man promised to be Prea's best friend when she suggested they go to the Space Arena as the first place outside of Nar Shadaa. Post grudgingly took her there, but stayed with her in case of a gunfight, and paid the 1,000 credits twice over, once for himself and the other for her. Prea smiled walking to the seat near Claudius and was almost shocked to find he was there to start with, having heard of the Edrob family's near suicide trying to get off their original planet of Coruscant. Needless to say, Prea didn't show the shock however and sat down at the seat she was given, Post next to her.

(I figured this would be a good dev thread for Post Vizla when I make him as a NPC, and a great chance to explain something about the Edrob family)

Character

There was something to keep in mind about a place like this, and it was anyone was willing to do anything to anyone for credits. And he had the most wanted Twi'lek, in all the galaxy next to him. It wasn't like the odds weren't stacked in his favour, he had a crew and this was his space station, to say atleast he was confident in his abilities and his men's. There'd easily be enough to subdue the entire crowd here in the arena, but they knew that too so people would play nice and by his rule's.

"An offense to my guest." he'd turn to look at [member="The Upright Man"], cybernetics whiring with a low heavy hum that resonated deep within his core, the head turning almost 360 degree before the body could react and turn with it giving the cyborg a raver sereal look about him for that instant. "An offense to me, do you come into a my home and demand." the metallic 'pop' as his hand tightened into a fist, there was a deadly silence around [member="The Upright Man"], the crowd parted falling back from him a few thugs appearing at the edge of the scene. "But we all make mistakes, pray you don't make this one again."

It was maddening, someone coming into his home and demanding a fight with his guest. It wouldn't do, but if he proceeded there'd be a fire fight a one sided fire fight but one none the less, and he wasn't willing to allow [member="Chiasa Kritivaas"], to be harmed in the chaos. It would look bad on him, and having so many of his sponsors at this event it would be costly. "A toast." he mouths with a shake of his head the discourse of air through his automated voice box was tangble and wet. "Kid there's hundred thugs wanting to toast and get slipped some credits, you can thank the 'challenger'-" he spat venimously towards [member="The Upright Man"], "-that you won't get to come up into my booth and rub elbows with the succesful."

Scene

"Just release the wampa." he was strained, there wasn't even a flourish of showmanship only tired esaporation. "I said release it!" And than it appeared, a half starved thing with a molting coat and scalp almost bald and have both broken teeth and nails, it looked like it might fall over but it looked like it may take your head off in the back swing.

| [member="Triam Akovin"] | [member="Ashin Varanin"] | [member="Chiasa Kritivaas"] | [member="The Upright Man"] |​

"Tis a good name." Cadan's jaw practically hit the floor as he saw 'One Eyed Killa' get taken down, he had seen many good men fall before the Acklay. 'How the kark..' He mouthed the sentence, shook his head then looked back towards Vitani. "I'm one of them Duros." He'd say as he tapped his finger on his chest. "Born and mostly raised on Duro."

As Vitani asked what happened to Flannigan, Cadan would look at the now cyborg Admiral, thinking back when he was human, he'd never be seen without a cigar in his mouth. A sad smile would cross his face as he remember the attack on the slave auction, the one that lest both Flannigan and Cadan on the medical table. Cadan's face would become serious, the anger could be seen building up behind his large, red eyes. "It was just meant to be a simple slave auction, sell the slave and go. But then out of nowhere a karking bunch of Jeds turn up, we tried to fend 'em off but they was to much. Electrocuted me they did, and attacked the Cap'n. Next thing we know, some bloody lady walks up and shoots us. At first I thought we were good, but the blasted bullets were filled with acid. He'd move his coat off his right shoulder, revealing a hole in the durosteel armor where the acid melted through and into his flesh. "Melted through my armor and into my skin. It was worse for the Cap'n 'cause 'e had no armor on. That's why 'e had to become who he is now." He flicked his coat back up, and pulled a two cigars from his top pocket offering one to Vitani. He pushed his anger and his emotion back down into the bottle.

Looking around he saw one of the droids buzzing around. "Droid! Bring us two whiskeys!" He shouted towards the droid.

[member="Vitani Amani"] [member="Flannigan Mcnash"] @A.D.A.M

"Ah..." she said, having heard of the species before but never meeting one. She didn't particularly want to reveal that she was a Clawdite since most people took it the wrong way and saw that her species were untrustworthy, besides she didn't need to, she had disguised herself as a human anyway.

Vitani looked up at Cadan and watched his expression as he spoke. She frowned but kept her cover. "I'm sorry that happened, I'm sorry the Jedi did that to you and your Captain." she said. She didn't realise the Jedi could be so violent. The Padawan took the cigar, not wanting to seem rude or betray his trust. Besides, it wouldn't hurt to have one.

[member="Cadan Tazi"]

Cadan plucked the cigar from Jasper's mouth, flicked off the ash, then used it to light both his and Vitani's cigar, before shoving it back into the creatures mouth. "No need to apologize." He took a long draw from the cigar, letting the smoke form into a grey pool in his mouth before blowing it all up into the air. "Anyway." His eyes would drift over the arena to where The Upright Man spoke from and then down to Triam noting that something could happen.

He let out a small whistle and yell out a name. Shortly after a Weeguay would come running up to Cadan, he give a flimsy salute to Cadan. "Uhh, wot is it sir?" Cadan would gesture with his head down to the arena, where things might heat up. Although Cadan was paying attention to what was going on, he was also speaking to a guest. "If anything even looks as though it will go sour, tell me."

He attention would swing back to Vitani again he would reflect on her young age and notice her lack of weapons. "It is dangerous to be out here, especially in a place like this with no defenses." It may have sounded threatening, but he was merely stating a fact.

[member="Vitani Amani"]

Post couldn't help but overhear the whole "Jedi attacking a slave auction" thing and felt sorry for the Duro, but he kept a straight face. Prea on the other hand, was pretty much shocked at the Wampa's condition and on the verge of yelling about how it's too sickened to fight.

[member="Cadan Tazi"] [member="Vitani Amani"]

Vitani glanced at the arena then back at Cadan. "Thanks." She said quietly as she drew from her own cigar. She was quite laid back, considering she wasn't in territory safe for people of her type.

Oh I have defence, believe me. She thought, but decided it wouldn't be wise to say that.

"I can defend myself." She said seriously. The Force was an inconspicuous and unexpected weapon, and although she wasn't amazing at using it, it was always there. But she didn't plan on using the force, it would give away her entire cover, and besides, she only came here because she was curious, not because she wanted to start a fight.

[member="Cadan Tazi"]

[Theme]

2CVkVz5.jpg

The Upright Man sat there expressionless, the digitized symbol of his faceplate had returned to the downward-faced triangle. "Your answer taught me enough," he remarked about Chiasa's response. When did rudeness ever concern a criminal, he smirked at the thought from beneath his helmet. Then that thing began to rear his ugly face into the conversation. "Demand?" Upright refuted, "You need your wave receivers checked. It was an offer." The metal creature seemed to only grow more frustrated with every passing second. What struck him most was the mention of success, and Upright was forced to stifle his laughter, and choked on his deathstick. He clenched his fist, dropping the narcotics and coughed madly. He held his fist to the ventilation shafts of his helmet, and the digitized image turned into an emoticon of a face laughing in tears. Quickly he recovered, the triangular image returning and he seemed to calm down. "Please excuse me. I dare say you would be better suited a comedian than..." he shook his hands in loss of what to say, "Whatever you are now."

[member="Flannigan Mcnash"] [member="Chiasa Kritivaas"]

Cadan nodded and inhaled the grey smoke, then letting it slowly trickle out of his mouth. He'd whisper something into Jaspers ear and the Monkey-Lizard would run off. A few moments later, it would return holding a small comm link. It would run up and tug at Vitani's clothes. holding the comm link up to her. "This comm link will let you contact me at anytime. This is a vast galaxy and you need allies, consider The Jackals your allies."

A droid would rush over holding a tray with two whiskeys on it. Offering one to Cadan and Vitani. Cadan would take it, and let the liquid run down his throat. He'd let out a small sigh.

[member="Vitani Amani"]

Not really understanding what is going on Sempra first unfolds his arms looking around as if expecting something or someone scting against the pricy mark in the Arena.
Nervously he grabs two frogs and throws them into his mouth letting out a low displeased huttese growl.

"No interesting fighters today." he declares and allow his slaves to drag his seat back to the Alcove. There he produces a couple of small bags, pouring its content on the table. A human female slave approaches and tastes the powder while Sempra watches her becoming more and more intoxicated. He nods approvingly at that.

Licking a third frog he seem more content and continues to passively keep an eye on the main area of the establishment.

Enemies: [member="Chiasa Kritivaas"], [member="Flannigan Mcnash"], and co.

Triam had a beaming smile under her helmet as the Mercenary looking person briefly held an laughing emoticon on his face in response to Mcnash's response of 'rubbing elbows with the successful'. Personally she thought it was humorous that he would use those choice of words, but wouldn't be smiling nearly as big if not for that little detail.

"Such hostility," She laughed, "I think you will find I am more than successful to have earned my keep in the galaxy, from what it appears from your - employee? - you need to accept more business ventures, like my rare mineral mining and technology business, into your inner circle, than you need to turn them away. Would you say that's an accurate assessment Mr....?"

Further down the space station, one particular ACA Commando Sniper Droid was holding a very specific sniper rifle, though it had no intention of firing it. No, instead it was remotely controlling eight droid remotes that were wandering the space station, though they were all converging to her location. This particular droid was one she bought from the ACA for operations like this, and used its droid interface to control the specialized sniper scope in order to direct the inexpensive tiny droids to do as she commanded. It was clothed in a cloak, similar to her's, and had one of those cowboy hats or whatever on it. Not exactly inconspicuous but it didn't matter, soon concealment was not something she was going to have. It also carried one of her blaster pistols to have its own limited level of combat ability.

Triam didn't think she needed it, but it was always an additional tool to be utilized should she need it. Better to not need and it have it, than to need it and not have it.

She didn't move from her position as she waited for her answer. If she could, she'd drop down some information on Conqueror of Ten Thousands worlds... and how she had beaten her. That may interest them enough to question just exactly who she was. Triam didn't mind the thug guards, but she made sure that she was counted among them. Thugs were dumb.

Triam was far from dumb.

Vitani smiled at Jasper and watched him run off. When he returned, she lowered herself to a crouch at his height and took the comm link from him. She looked up at Cadan as he spoke and then back at Jasper. She stroked the Monkey-Lizard on the head and returned to her full height. "Thanks, I appreciate it." she said with a smile. The Padawan had almost forgotten she would probably be on the kill or bounty list of this guy if he knew her afflictions with the Jedi.

Vitani took the whiskey and held it for a moment, thinking before speaking. "What's your opinion on Jedi?" she asked, taking a sip of the whiskey. "just curious." she added for clarification, trying to make it sound as casual as possible.

[member="Cadan Tazi"]

[member="Flannigan Mcnash"]s immediate and hostile reaction to [member="The Upright Man"] was something of a surprise. A welcome one though. Was that a note of possessiveness? Good. Even if it was merely the Jackals protecting their meal ticket, good. Still, she'd not have them actually come to blows, since the injury of either was unacceptable to her. An orange hand reached out to briefly touch a clenched metallic fist.

"He was an ally once, Mcnash. Perhaps not any more, but I'd not see his blood spilled all the same."

Still Lysles reply rankled. Did he not recognize the woman below? It was one thing to thumb your nose at the powerful folk in the galaxy, that tended to infuriate them enough, but to just dismiss them in the middle of a challenge.. There were limits. So she answered him once more. Besides, at this rate he was going to force McNash to deal with him.

"You want to fight you know where I'll be. Perhaps you've forgotten the venue you built for that? I know it's been a while.."

No, she was not being particularly diplomatic, that wasn't her job anymore.

"Or maybe you'd like to actually take the field on one of our ventures if you want to see me fighting alongside my men."

The subtle stress. How many of those serving now did he even know? Had he bothered to speak with? When had he last helped the Ravens and not himself? Once upon a time he'd been their fearless, peerless leader, ripping through their enemies, building them up. Now it seemed he wasn't just concerned only with himself, but that he actually wanted to tear them back down. If he wanted to have a go at her in the Fight Club, fine. She had no illusions about who would win. She would not cheat or abuse her abilities against Lysle, not even now, but she doubted he would say anything near the same, and he had been a professional shock boxer.

Fine. It would not be the first time a man had felt the need to beat her. She got up again every damned time.

The woman, [member="Triam Akovin"], she had largely ignored. She'd come to see McNash after all, this was the pirates station, he held sway here, these were his supplicants not hers. Still, the mention of a business caught her attention. Always seize the opportunities given.

"Which minerals? And what kind of technologies?"

Things of interest to the Ravens? It might be so.

Enemies: [member="Chiasa Kritivaas"], [member="Flannigan Mcnash"], and co.

Before the robot man seemed to be able to respond, something very interesting occured. Her target, the orange lady, asked her a very direct question. This caught her slightly off guard for a fraction of a moment, but she was able to quickly recover with a snappy response.

"Well to name a few 'minerals' that I'm wearing: Ultrachrome, Phrik, Cortosis, Neuranium, I've acquired Laminanium for a pending project, and I held Songsteel in my possession once before selling it. Everything I'm wearing I made myself, and is specifically equipped to dominate even the more powerful Jedi and Sith Masters, a large part of my profession. Pardon me, if I do not detail to you the exact functions of their design to you here in the public."

Like her orange target, Triam was very much a businesswoman, and took every opportunity she could to the maximum. Even though she was probably going to get this woman killed, though by then it won't be her problem.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom