Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Something Evil

obj3.png

Objective: Investigate the village
Tag: Kahlil Noble Kahlil Noble

div1.png

A long time had passed since the last time Kahlil and Silas had teamed up for a mission, but now the two of them had joined forces to investigate a strange disturbance inside a large village. It was strange that they had sent a knight and a master for such a task, although reports suggested there was something much more sinister than a mere outcry. No one had been contacted in the village for some time now, so it was their job to see what was preventing that from happening.

Walking along through the foggy woods of Montita, the two Jedi were getting closer to their destination. Everything around them was suspiciously quiet, even the wildlife was nowhere to be seen "All this reminds me of those horror holo's..." Silas said openly as he walked, his head turning to the much bigger Kahlil Noble "It's almost as if something had driven all the color out of this place. The vibes are just not right."

"Are you feeling the same thing, sir?"

Last edited:

Kahlil_Div2.png

He'd felt it the moment they dropped into the system. Something.. Off. Dark. Familiar, yet not at the same time. He couldn't place a finger on why it was so familiar. Not even when they landed. Not even when they made it to the village they were here to investigate. His gaze traveled around the seemingly barren landscape. Rot. That's what he was smelling now. His gaze narrowed on the nearby plants. Heaped and rotting.

"Something terrible happened here. Keep your guard up, but think you can feel out any survivors? It's possible they're hiding."

Silas Westgard Silas Westgard

obj3.png

div1.png
"Something terrible happened here. Keep your guard up, but think you can feel out any survivors? It's possible they're hiding."
"I can't feel anything right now sir, it's almost like the area is clouding our senses" he explained while stepping over dead wood, his gaze staring intently into the distance "I fear we are stepping into something sinister. I hope my gut is wrong, but the more I walk the more I feel uneasy about this place..."

Up ahead, Silas spotted unusual and quickened his pace with Kahlil trailing behind him. Carefully, the knight knelt down at a cut down tree that had clearly been cut down by something sharp "Signs of life, something around here is alive" he said thoughtfully as he got back up and looked in the direction of the town.

"Keep an eye out for smoke trails. If they're cutting down trees they're more than likely trying to build up a fire"

Kahlil_Div2.png

"That's more like it."

Kahlil chuckled a little as he nodded. Turned his gaze back around towards the sky, searching for smoke. He frowned as he did indeed catch sight of a pilar, just in the distance. Opposite side of town if the layout was correct in the briefing. He started to make his way there, stepping down the street as he glanced about. Just to double check on their surroundings, make sure they weren't being watched.

Certainly felt like it.

"You know you don't have to call me sir, right?"

obj3.png

div1.png
"That's more like it."
"You can say that again," he said back with a smirk before getting back up to follow what Kahlil was looking at. In the distance a smoke cloud rose above the town, a further indication that whoever was in this town was still active compared to other reports "Come on, we'd better go see who is making that fire" Silas explained as he walked down an open dirt road path to the outskirts of the town.

Soon enough the pair of them were in a deserted street where only the sound of doors opening and closing from the wind could be heard. Silas slowly placed a hand on his saber and took his time to examine what was around them "Everything seems to be messy as if the locals had given up..." the knight muttered, his path stopping next to a house that seemed to be covered in unusual vines and plants.

"It almost seems like nature has taken over this place, yet the force is telling me something fowl is at play here"

Looking back to Kahlil, he briefly nodded and gave him a light smile "Please, it's only a mark of respect. I will however not call you sir if you wish it" Silas said, his head scanning the road ahead as they got closer to the smoke.

Kahlil_Div2.png

"Not given up. It's more like something told them to stop, and they listened." He frowned, nodding his head in agreement as they walked through the village towards the smoke. Things were just.. Left out. Left half done, left to even rot by one of the tables he saw through a window. It was like the people just vanished, if not for the obvious shuffle of footsteps.

"It feels a little weird. We're not an army, and it was a title reserved for superiors. At least for the Epicanthix. I suppose that's just part of a warrior culture."

obj3.png

div1.png
"Not given up. It's more like something told them to stop, and they listened."
Silas nodded in agreement to what he stated, and compared to his thoughts it seemed like the more reasonable option. Whatever had taken hold of this village had made all aspects of civilization grind to a halt, replacing it with a solemn atmosphere that made it as if the village had been long abandoned "There's got to be someone still here, if the smoke doesn't prove it then what does?"

Coming towards the center of the town, Silas looked up to Kahlil with a slight smile "That's understandable. My parents taught me to be that way when it came to someone who I deeply respected, although I can make exceptions for those who are not used to it"

It wasn't unusual for someone to ask him to stop calling them sir. However, for Silas, it was going to take time to warm up to calling him by his name.

Up ahead, the two Jedi would hear the sound of breaking and shouting. Silas slowed down and took cover behind a market stool to recon what they were facing. To his surprise, a group of men were coming out of a house with whatever they could find, mostly wooden objects that could be burned. Their clothes were ripped and worn, as well as their eyes which were sore and bright red.

"I can tell you now spice doesn't make you like that," the knight said with narrowed eyes as they went further down the road out of sight "My guess is that they are looting houses to add more fuel to that fire. That for some reason puts a funny feeling in my stomach"

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom