Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private It has been a while

n0m34qi.png
Valery: Appearance
Wearing: Casual Outfit
After Kahlil found his way back to Valery, she had spent the rest of her pregnancy with him. The baby was born only a few weeks later, and since then a lot of things happened that kept the couple extremely busy. But especially now that Valery had learned about the vicious parasite inside her, she was doing her best to take more time off to rest and connect with friends. Yula in particular had been high on the list of friends she wanted to visit — the woman had shared her home with Valery when she really needed the help, and had shown nothing but kindness.
So today, she brought along both her fiancé and her daughter so Yula could meet them, and so they could catch up a little. But Valery had also brought along some gifts as a way to say thank you. The heavier of the two gifts, the tool box with brand spanking new tools that Valery had saved up for, was of course something she let Kahlil carry. Valery herself carried Vera and a small box of chocolates covered in pink wrapping and some abstract doodles from Vera's finger painting.
"You haven't really gotten a chance to meet her yet, right?" Valery asked as she looked over at Kahlil with a warm smile. "Either way, it'll be good to see her again. Not sure what I would have done without her hospitality."
She stopped in front of the apartment door and knocked three times.
n0m34qi.png

With all of the turmoil on Denon, Valery's visit came at a very welcome time.

A camera zoomed in on the two figures at the door, and it would take a moment for security measures to unlock. The apartment on Baker's Rowe was humble and unassuming, but lately Yula's interest in security bordered on obsession. Harboring wanted Jedi and being slapped with the terrorist label did that to you. If the Zeltron that greeted them was bothered by this, she didn't show it in the least.

"Valery!" Swinging the door open, she ushered the family in with an ear-to-ear grin. It was good to see a friendly face. "And Kahlil too- good to meet you, finally. Come on in before CorpSec gets ya.” It was a joke but also sort of not, especially if you looked up her arrest record.

They'd enter directly into the living room, and Yula bent down to smile at the baby. "And you must be Vera! By Ashla, how cute you are—you were almost born on my couch, you know that?"

Having Valery around during her pregnancy was a delight, but Yula couldn't deny the nervous undercurrent of oh god what if she goes into labor here.

Kahlil with the save for that one.

Valery Noble Valery Noble Kahlil Noble Kahlil Noble

Kahlil_Div2.png

"No, can't say I have." Though did Yula Perl Yula Perl even want to meet him? He let out a soft, hidden sigh as he followed after Valery Noble Valery Noble , gift in hand. Hands. It was surprisingly heavy for what it was. Tools? Must be some quality steel, he figured. A nervous laugh escaped him once the door opened and he was immediately reminded of being arrested. CorpSec? Wait, who was going to be arrested?

He squinted towards Valery for a moment, then walked in to set the present down somewhere.

"Likewise good to meet you, Yula."

n0m34qi.png
Valery was somewhat aware of what had been happening on Denon, but she still blinked at the camera and sound of unlocking security mechanisms. But when the door opened, her surprise had faded completely and she'd greet her friend with a bright smile.
"Hey Yula! It's good to see you again, it has been too long," she smiled and stepped inside before she noticed Kahlil squinting at her. "Don't look at me like that," she chuckled and made sure he was able to step inside as well. "There is just a lot happening on Denon right now, but nothing for us to worry about today."
Valery then held up Vera, who squealed happily as Yula leaned in to talk to her. "Yeah... almost. I gave birth only a few weeks after Kahlil and I got back together." she smiled somewhat apologetically at Yula and then remembered something. "Oh! I brought you some gifts." she offered the box of chocolates and gestured for the heavy box Kahlil had set down, which was still wrapped in the paper Vera had painted over.
"Just as a small thank you for helping me and dealing with all the trouble." Valery offered a playful smirk and turned to Kahlil, "Would you mind holding her for a bit, dear?" She didn't really explain it, but she was quite tired. Kahlil also loved holding Vera, so she figured it wouldn't be a problem.
n0m34qi.png

Yula beamed at the giggling baby. Despite her rough attitude, she was one of the eldest in a large family, and fairly accustomed to handling young children.

"Gifts?" Receiving the box of chocolates, she blinked in surprise. "Oh you shouldn't h—ooh, is this from Lamothe's?" Turning the box over in her hand, she spied the fancy logo of one of the galaxy's finest chocolatiers. Certainly it would be rude to politely refuse!

She fixed Valery and Kahlil with a warm smile, watching as Vera was handed over to her father. The group had since settled onto the couch, and at Valery's mention, Yula's attention was drawn to the box packaged in colorfully painted paper. As she worked the wrapping off, closer inspection of the dots revealed tiny ridges and lines—or put simply, fingerprints. Her gaze shifted slyly to Vera. "Did you have a hand in wrapping this, Miss Vera? Someone must be taking art lessons from Iris!"

Careful removal of the paper revealed a heavy box—within it, some top-quality durasteel tools. Enough to make Yula gasp.

"Whaaaat!"

Picking up a hydrospanner from the set, she inspected it. "This is the Nixfeer kit, they're sold out almost everywhere…how did you-" Wait, no never ask that question on Denon. Even if Valery didn't have the criminal connections that Yula did. A lot of things fell off of speeder trucks here.

"Thank you!" She pulled the Jedi Master into an embrace, nodding a warm thanks to Kahlil over Valery's shoulder. "You guys really didn't need to. Having Val live with us was no trouble—she helped out a lot. Dagon and I definitely ate well." Indeed, Valery had taken over the majority of cooking duties during her stay, which had been greatly appreciated.

Pulling away, Yula settled herself on the edge of the couch. "Can I get you guys something? Water, caf? I'm going to grab a cup myself." Rising, she made for the kitchen, only a few steps away.

"So, how are things? It's been a while." She called from the other room.

Kahlil_Div2.png

Right, Denon. He hadn't paid much attention to what was happening on the world. He probably should look into it soon, then. Still, he nodded and took Vera with a bright smile. Focusing on their daughter to give Valery Noble Valery Noble a moment with Yula Perl Yula Perl . Not that there was long before he was roped back into the conversation. He blinked, glancing towards the Zealtron before glancing off towards the kitchen.

"She does like to cook, yeah. Uh. Caf. Caf is fine."

Ah, too speedy of a conversation for him to keep up with, at least with Vera in his arms. His gaze shifted to his child, a smile forming on his lips again before he booped her nose.

"Mama cooks the best food, doesn't she?" The squeal of delight was as much as an affirmation as Kahlil was going to get.

n0m34qi.png
A soft breath of relief escaped her lips as Kahlil took Vera from her, and she quickly turned to her friend with a warm smile. The reaction to the chocolates only made it brighter, but she was most of all looking forward to seeing the woman open up the toolbox. It had been quite a pain in the butt to get, but well worth the trouble considering who it was for.
"I wouldn't be surprised if she picks up a thing or two from Iris. She helped a lot with decorating the baby room." she chuckled happily and looked at Yula as the toolbox was finally opened. And as she hoped, the Zeltron seemed really happy with it. "You're welcome, Yula," Valery said as she wrapped her arms around her friend to return the hug.
"Helping out and cooking was the least I could do, and I enjoyed it too," she said with a nod to Kahlil, who was keeping Vera busy with some nose booping and playing.
"Just wait until she's old enough to try your muffins or cookies — she'll forget about momma's cooking really quickly." she smirked and looked at Yula again as drinks were offered, "Some water would be nice, thank you." Valery then adjusted the way she was sitting, making herself a bit more comfortable now that her body could actually relax. This was nice, being with friends and family.
"Taking care of Vera can be stressful and tiring, especially alongside everything else we do. But I wouldn't trade it for anything, so I think we're doing well overall." she looked at Kahlil and their daughter with a loving smile. There were some other things going on that weren't exactly as great, but she didn't want to bother her friend with it. And seeing her family this way made the bad things feel a lot more bearable.
"What about you and Dagon? I'm sure Denon has been really stressful... keeping up okay? If you ever need a hand with anything, you know where to find me." she called back.
n0m34qi.png

The apartment was small, but Yula always insisted that it was happier when full. Valery eased back into the feel of her temporary home, and though Kahlil seemed reserved at first, holding his daughter looked to make him a bit more comfortable. Even though she was in a strange new place (or not new, depending on how you thought about it), Vera appeared reassured in the presence of her parents.

"Dagon and I?"

Yula returned, balancing two cups of caf and one glass of water. Once those were placed on the coffee table (after sliding away a small pile of detached wires) she retrieved a tiny sugar bowl and a jug of milk straight from the fridge.

Their relationship has hit a fever pitch the night he'd inadvertently busted her aurodium heist. Fortunately, they'd recovered from that explosive confrontation and then some. Learning how to be good partners to one another was finally starting to yield results, and Yula wouldn't trade their landmine of a relationship for anything.

"We're good. Yeah, better."

Reaching for her caf cup, she smiled genuinely in thought.

"The rest of Denon? Not so much." Here, she blew out a sharp breath from behind her teeth and took a quick sip from the caf, as if that would head off an angry tirade. It worked, for now.

"Things got real bad a month back. Riots, folks going off to jail. CAD officially labeled certain groups as terrorist organizations."

Yula's connection to Darkwire had always been an unstated fact between herself and Valery. After her most recent arrest, Yula's identity as a Shadowrunner was becoming demystified.

She looked to Kahlil, trying to get a read on the guy. Yula knew very little about him, the most poignant fact being his family name. Well, former family name. Couldn’t be easy.

"Hoping it'll all blow over. Maybe CAD gets their power curbed and has to take their boots off of the people's backs."

She snorted, downing her caf like a shot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom