Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Δαίμονας

00024515.jpg
Won Shasot
[media]https://youtu.be/E73IQx21DEo[/media]
Do not let your inner demons win, the consequences are unimaginable, and you will be lost forever. A walking nightmare, one so inalienably evil that even the darkest of shadows will fear you.

All he remembered, was moving his down to his side and having it come back covered in crimson, that was when he fainted from such large amounts of blood loss. Thrust back into the deep dark confines of his conciseness, the overwhelming amounts of emotion stuffed inside washed over him, a lethal combination of feeling he wasn't prepared to handle.

Old and recent losses collided, two warheads bearing down to rain hell on those whom subsided bellow, and that who was him. All it was a simple poison, one that would kill slowly and painfully, while pulling the victim deeper into what made up their day to day thoughts and memories. A hallucination, but feeling all too real for those enduring it.

With a groan, his eyes opened, his surroundings slowly coming into detail. Cold crept into his bones as he tried to rise from the misty earth, the bare trees around him casting shadows that moved and danced, all reaching out towards him, elongating, a black mass flowing over the ground. Some took humanly shapes, familiar faces, and some took monstrous forms.

Stumbling back as the shadows on the soil began to coil around his ankles, pulling him in closer to the void. Falling onto his back, he scrambled back away, for once in a very long time being scared of the unknown. Looking up, his eyes locked onto those of something unseen, two white orbs glaring back at him.
3c15a8d1ad916dc01239df82e2b9f93f600b2aac_hq.gif
Slowly, the two eyes moved closer, until they were directly above him, leaning down to block out his view of the sky. Finally, an unseen jaw opened, a raspy voice swirling around him.

Welcome, we've been waiting for you.

Brow furrowing, he pulled himself farther back until he was in a clear patch of earth he could stand on without being pulled into the Void. Jumping o his feet, he reached down for his lightsaber, his hand meeting his thigh with nothing there. Moving to reach for his pistols, he also came up empty handed.

"Fine." Reaching down into his chest he pulled from the mish-mass of emotions, using them as fuel for his fire. Literally. Summoning a stream of fire, he coiled the flames into his palm, essentially making a flaming rod, being held together by his thoughts. Waving the staff before him, he looked at the inhuman shapes before him, somewhat weary of the things that stood before him. Frowning, he counted the figures that sulked over him.

Too many to be frank. Even for him. They could be figures of his imagination, or very real. Only one way to find out. Lunging forward, he took a viscous swipe at the largest shadow's stomach, only to have is pass through like nothing. Feth. Moving to step back, he was only a few seconds late and caught the brunt of a heavy handed punch from the creature.

Somersaulting backwards, his rod of fire dissipated as the shadows took hold of him, feeding off of his inner turmoil.

Do not fight a war you can not win.

Nothing appeared to be as it seemed in those moments, the shapes of the shadows shifting to resemble close and loved ones, terror stricken as they were, worry sprang up into his chest. This is only a hallucination... they are fine. Fear for the unknown radiated off him, the creatures feeding from it, growing stronger, their powers being even harder to discern from reality.

Pushing his self back up to his feet, he reached down for his sabers, finding nothing but disappointment.Nearly growling with resent, he made a ready stance, prepared for the worst. Seemingly reading his thoughts, a familiar face drew closer, whispering.

What's the worst that could happen, hm?

Resisting the urge to vomit as the normally gorgeous face that his father had fallen in love with was brutally defiled, blood pouring from her eyes as her skin seemed to melt. "That." Swinging with his body, a heavy handed strike passed through his target, making those warning bells spring to life again. Feth, I can't hit them! How the hell am I supposed to- Ducking from a incoming strike, he realized how he could end this.

Calling forth on the faint glimmers of hope that so many had inspired in him, he imagined himself as a beacon, purging all things dark from around him. Maybe, it'd even cleanse him, if not just momentarily. That would be a game changer. Alas, it could not, it only expelled the surrounding shadows, his albeit faint light and determination more than a match for them. Only one remained however, and it shimmered and morphed until a familiar face came into view.

The King. Except, this time, the temple behind him was in ruins, flames reaching high into the sky at the pyres fell and crashed into the ground. It was wasteland torn by war. And his friends body was sprawled out at his feet, a pool of blood surrounding him.

That was when he awoke, to the sounds of war.

[member="Dax Fyre"]

The Reaper of Won Shasot
A bright blade of orange pierced the man's chest before he was kicked off the walls of the temple, plummeting to ground far below. Dax stood there above the rest of the Honor Guard, daring any of the other attackers to attempt another assault on the base. Of course, they obliged. Another wave of enemies crashed upon the Guard's shields, weapons clashing against metal and wood and flesh and bone. Swinging down, Dax's sabers buried themselves into the shasoti's shoulder, before be wrenched free once more. Then, the sound of thunder came. Not unusual for the stormy planet, but no rain yet fell, and no lightning split the sky. Dax's eyes furrowed as he searched the skies. A blazing blue ball of fire fell towards them. "Hit the deck!"

The temple shook wildly, chips of stone and dust falling from the ceiling as Kumi drew her blades and wheeled around to face the door, intent on defending her charge. No one came. There were no windows here to look out at the battle raging in her city. No way to know what was to come. Perhaps that was better. She looked over her shoulder at the man lying on the table. "Seligo file...kratise..." <<Soon my friend...hold on...>>

[member="Nate Phantoms"]

Groaning through gritted teeth, the mortally wounded man rolled off the table, his feet meeting the ground but his knees giving way to the sudden weight. Leaning back against the leg of the stone bed, he pulled up at his shirt, the wound stitched up and bandaged to prevent more bleeding.

Stumbling to regain his footing, he looked around, ducking slightly as he was showered in dust and pebbles. "Kumi..." Little more than a whisper there was no way she could have heard him, his throat was parched and the dust most likely wasn't helping. Tightening his boots, he spoke louder, his voice coming back to him. "Hey... Where's Dax... or the King?"

There was question however, that was dominated his mind, which was soon evident as he nearly bellowed it to a person who was only a few steps away from him. "And where in the blue hell is my gear?"

[member="Dax Fyre"]

The Reaper of Won Shasot
Kumi turned around as she heard the man struggle to stand. Rushing to his side, she helped to steady him as he stood. "My father is at the temple's peak. He's trying to find a way to repel the Kotsi. It's the brother. I'm sure he thinks if he manages to claim another Stone, it'l legitimize his claim..." The walls shook once more, the impact of another projectile threatening to tear down the ancient structure. "Dax...he's on the steps, defending the temple."

[member="Nate Phantoms"]

Gripping her arm, he nodded, then repeated his last question. There was still a burning sensation in his side, but he was trying to be optimistic and was sure his implants would kick in anytime now. Until they did, he would need the woman's help to walk. "Okay... I need to be out there.... we need to be out there." Looking at her he took a few steps, all the built up muscle feeling like jelly momentarily. "I don't say this often, but I'm going to need your help. I'll need my gear Kumi."

[member="Dax Fyre"]

The Reaper of Won Shasot
Kumi opened her mouth to argue then promptly shut it, thinking better of it. She nodded and went of to a table adjacent from them and began to carry over armor and weapons, little by little. "Let me guess. You need help putting all this on, huh?"

Outside a body fell to the ground, sizzling, streaks off burnt flesh stretching across the body from where the Force Lightning had taken its toll. 'Damn there are a lot of these guys' Dax thought to himself as his orange blade passed through the mid section of another unfortunate warrior. Whatever was going on at the top of the temple needed to be done quickly if they'd have any chance of survival.

[member="Nate Phantoms"]

He eyed the blue woman suspiciously. It was unnatural for her to offer her help. "Unless you want to see me strip just keep the armor on the table and get me my weapons." Pausing, he added for good measure. "Please."

Strapping himself down, he rose, pulling his mask from the table, hands wiping some grime from the golden surface. Snapping it around his head, he nodded at the woman before him, her scrutinizing gaze making him smile.

"Don't end up on the wrong side of my rifle Kumi. That stare will get you shot" Waving his hand towards the entrance, he prepared for the worst, knowing very well his wound wasn't fully healed. Oh well he thought.

[member="Dax Fyre"]

The Reaper of Won Shasot
"It's not like you have anything to show off." she chuckled to herself quietly as she threw the armor on the table, and handed the man his weapons. At the man's threat she scoffed, "Malaka..." She pulled the door open with some door and gestured with her head, clearly annoyed and impatient with the wounded warrior.

Above the temple, and the planet itself, the dark clouds began to swirl, the frequency of lightning increasing. Rain pelted the warriors below and Dax looked to the sky, the droplets of water running off the grey, metallic mask. Something was happening. But was it the King? Or the invaders?

[member="Nate Phantoms"]

Grumbling, he blasted an oncoming elf thingy, sending the blue body over the edge of the ramparts, landing with a resounding splat bellow. Walking along the walkway, he slowly made hi sway down the stairs to blast an invade that had crawled up behind Dax.

Standing with his cloak billowing around him, in all black, armed to the gills, in the pouring rain and wind with his mask, he looks pretty bad ass. The lightning casting unnatural shadows along the surface, giving it a more grotesque look. Like a demon.

"Dax. What the hell is going on. I'm gone for a few minutes and now we're chest high in chit's creek with our mouths wide open."

[member="Dax Fyre"]

The Reaper of Won Shasot
"Few minutes?" Dax exlamined as he sent another of the enemy warrior careening off into the distance from a Force Push. "You've been out cold for a week! I've had to fend off this siege for the last three days on my fething own!" Another of the warriors clambered up the steps and raised his weapon, just behind Dax, but before the man could strike a slim knife buried itself into the man's eye and burrowed into his brain. Kumi stodd behind them all, twirling one of her daggers. "Are you two done flirting?"

[member="Nate Phantoms"]

[media]https://youtu.be/GYFJjwXtsU4[/media]​

A week? His head snapped to the left, the polished visors that covered his eyes reflecting the light of Dax's saber. "What?" With his voice already slightly distorted by the mask, he sounded utterly demonic when he uttered that one word, his anger resonating in the Force that surrounded them.

"Can it woman." Growling at the blue skinned lady, he stopped to look up at the top of the temple, kicking a climber off the side without a second glance. "Let's go. Pull your forces back and have them station themselves at the top." Turning on his heel, he started off in the exact opposite direction, heading farther down the rampart, where the bulk of the enemy was climbing up from.

Turning to look at the duo, he waved at them with his pistol. "Shoo, Someone needs to bait them all up there, and I need you two to take command up there." Pointing at Kumi, he continued. "And tell your father we need to have a... chat."

[member="Dax Fyre"]

The Reaper of Won Shasot
Dax shook his head, "You better know what your doing!" Dax called to the man. "Pame apano! Prostateno ton vasiliias!" The Ashan forces defending the keep began to move back up to the top of the temple, returning fire or trading blows with the enemy whenever they deemed necessary. Dax waited till all had passed him before he began to slowly make his way back up to the top of the temple.

[member="Nate Phantoms"]

He had always been good at the 'hack and slash' thing that so many took pride in. It came naturally, as you were just swinging a sharp weapon at anything in front of you, he however put some actually effort and coordination into it, his sabers slashing out like a snakes tongue, leaving plenty of bodies in his wake.

Like a train plowing through a set of parked cars, he had sown a path through the advancing enemy, but where he kicked one off the side, another four more climbed back up. Unscathed would be an understatement, but he wasn't bleeding too much so most went by unnoticed. That was, until a different breed of warrior jumped up and hurled a spear at his chest. Reflexes took hold, but he wasn't expecting it, so the shaft took him in the bicep.

Looking up, his gaze rested upon a warrior before him, this one dressed differently, a animal skull covering his face. Officer, I'm going to need you to come with me. Breaking the darkwood shaft, he tore the spear head from his arm, letting it clatter to the ground. The blue elf, galvanized into action after watching a dozen of his comrades pulled out a curved sword and charged. Tired of the wishy washy, he simply kicked the man in the knee, and slashed the saber in an upwards arc across his chest.

That was when he heard the battle cries, and a few seconds later, he saw them. Hundreds of attackers storming up the walkway and directly towards him.

[member="Dax Fyre"]

The Reaper of Won Shasot
Dax heard the war cry and paused to look back over his shoulder at the advancing army, threatening to consume the defenders. To put it simply, they were karked. There were far too many, still fresh to fight. Compared to the few, tired, worn out warriors, it would not be long before they all perished. But all be damned if they didn't go down fighting.

Above the battle, the clouds swirled tightly, a malevolent eye watching from on high, streaks of lightning forming the bloodshot vessels of the tireless eye. A hellish fiend was preparing to unleash its wrath. Dax sorely hoped that was the work of the King, but he had no true way of knowing. Either it was, and they'd all live to tell the tale, or they'd not only be skewered, but also struck by deadly lightning. Here was hoping for the former.

[member="Nate Phantoms"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom