Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech ZI-X251 Starfighter Turbo Accelerator Motor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nelson Zayne

Born to create tech!
mike-hill-assassin-module-fb.jpg
OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION

• Intent: Create an accelerator to be added as an advanced system in starships
  • Image Source: Here
  • Canon Link: N/A
  • Restricted Missions: N/A
  • Primary Source: Here
PRODUCTION INFORMATION
SPECIAL FEATURES
  • Accelerates Starfighter way beyond its normal sub-light speed.
Strengths:
  • Very sturdy
  • Easy to place
  • Power efficient
Weaknesses:

• Must be replaced every 4 months
  • Very susceptible to damage in an EMP
  • Uses a high amount of power
DESCRIPTION
The ZI-X251 Starfighter Accelerator is made out of the highest quality metal, like the metal alloy duranium which can be found in many military grade plates. It is recommended to put an accelerator for every 2 engines because too little or too much might stress the system. In the event of an ion shot or an EMP, it is highly likely this component will be damaged or even destroyed. When using the accelerator, the pilot can choose from which energy to drain from, for example; reserve energy, shields, weapon systems, or other systems. The accelerator is based on the very well known SLAM and is designed to work better as well. This component is able to increase sub-light speed by 250% and even up to 270% for 8 meters or fewer ships. However, for every use, the overheat time is 45 seconds. Most pilots prefer to warm their ships up and have them online before the battle so they can use the boost right in the beginning.

skin, bone, and arrogance
Hello [member="Nelson Zayne"]! Nice to see you again. This is an interesting submission and I like it. However, I have a few suggestions for balance and future use:

• I think we should use and link to SLAM as the primary source, as you clearly cited it as being based off of and improved from SLAM.
  • As you pointed out, something like this would draw a lot of power. I'd like to see this incorporated as a weakness, and in some detail, because any starship that uses this in it will need to incorporate its weaknesses.
  • You list that it can withstand heat in the strengths, but in the description it references an 'overheat time'. Can you please clarify this? Additionally I'm unsure what this sentence means: "However for every use, the overheat time is 25 seconds and 2 more seconds for every 50% speed boost used." - could you please make this more clear?
Please tag me when you'd like me to review. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom