Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech ZI-M779 Heavy Sniper Rifle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nelson Zayne

Born to create tech!
0ce2664aaea4ea9f419329391a1dc7a1.jpg
OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION

• Intent: To create a heavy blaster sniper rifle.
  • Image Source: Here
  • Canon Link: N/A
  • Restricted Missions: N/A
  • Primary Source: X-45 Sniper Rifle
PRODUCTION INFORMATION
  • Manufacturer: Zayne Industries
  • Model: ZI-M779 Heavy Sniper Rifle
  • Affiliation: Closed-Market
  • Modularity: No
  • Production: Limited
  • Material: Durasteel, blaster components
TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS
  • Classification: Blaster Sniper Rifle
  • Size: Very Large
  • Weight: Heavy
  • Ammunition Type: Power cell, gas canister
  • Ammunition Capacity: 6 (power cell), 10 (gas canister)
  • Reload Speed: Average
  • Effective Range: Battlefield
  • Rate of Fire: Slow
  • Stopping Power: Extreme
  • Recoil: High
SPECIAL FEATURES
  • Battlefield range
  • Added Bipod attachment
  • Can be disassembled into 8 parts and reassembled
Strengths:
  • Accurate over very long ranges
  • Powerful enough to puncture through a blast door
  • Fast to assemble
Weaknesses:
  • Next to useless in personal ranges
  • Heavy and cumbersome to maneuver with
  • Unable to reduce sound
DESCRIPTION
The ZI-M779 Heavy Sniper Rifle is designed to puncture through the toughest armor, so taking down armored targets will definitely be easier. Although it has heavy power, the blaster shots are unable to pass through shields. This sniper rifle is meant to be used by pros and elite sharpshooters. However, bounty hunters and assassins can use these sniper rifles as well. Because of the sheer size and weight, the sniper must be mounted like a machine gun. Unless the user is stronger than a wookie, they won't be using it at shoulder level. The pieces of the sniper to assemble is the barrel, body, scope, bipod, muzzle, the butt, trigger, and the cheek piece. It is estimated time for an experienced sniper to assemble it in 35 seconds.

skin, bone, and arrogance
Hello [member="Nelson Zayne"]! I appreciate your patience as I've reviewed your submission. What a beast! Here are a few items that I would like to go over with you before we can proceed:

• Please link to the source of your image, not just the image itself. If you can identify the artist him/herself, more the better. Google reverse image search or TinEye may help you track them down.
  • Your sniper rifle is a beast! It's huge, and it's powerful, and I think that's neat. However, as a matter of balance, and given that it is able to puncture a blast door and is extremely accurate at a great range, I suggest dropping your "Rate of Fire" down to Slow in order to balance this out. Given the size, the power involved, and the amount of recoil, it would seem that this would fit better (I'm picturing the user firing, then having to re-sight the target due to recoil, possibly avoid overheating the weapon).
  • Please add the information about it being disassembled as a special feature. Please also expand on this a little in the description: the size of the pieces, how long it would take to disassemble and reassemble, etc.
  • Given that Chaos is a collaborative writing environment, and there are all kinds of armors available, I'm not comfortable approving a blanket statement that "taking down thickly skinned targets is a breeze". Please rework this language to include subjective terms like "might" or "could" to recognize this collaborative writing environment and to recognize that opposing writers are entitled to a say in how they are impacted by this weapon.
Please tag me when you are ready for me to review again. Thanks!

Nelson Zayne

Born to create tech!
[member="Natasi Fortan Vitalis"]

Edited. I have added some more pieces and information about the assembly. Also chose a new image because I couldn't find the source for the last one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom