Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech ZI-E251 Capital-class Supplementary Ion Engine

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nelson Zayne

Born to create tech!
starship-huge-engine-04-sci-fi-low-poly-3d-model-low-poly-obj-3ds-fbx-blend-dae-unitypackage.png
OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION

• Intent: Create a Capital-class Supplementary Ion Engine
  • Image Source: Here
  • Canon Link: No
  • Restricted Missions: No
  • Primary Source: Here
PRODUCTION INFORMATION
  • Manufacturer: Zayne Industries
  • Model: ZI-E2501 Capital-class Supplementary Ion Engine
  • Affiliation: Closed-Market
  • Modularity: No

• Production: Minor
  • Material: Dallorian Inner Rings and Central Layer, Kiirium Main Outer Armor Plating, Duranium Middle General Plating, Turadium Structure/Core
SPECIAL FEATURES
  • Capable of redirecting its power to add a "boost" to the starship's speed for a quick amount of time.
  • Hooked to its own personal cooling ventral system.
Strengths:
  • Highly Efficient; makes sure every drop of fuel is being used productively.
  • Powerful Armor; Kirrium is the best material to defend Starship engines thus making it a little hard for the enemy to penetrate the engine by any turbolaser, Ion, or torpedo attacks.
  • Low Maintenance; since supplementary engines are not nearly as used as the main ones, maintenance for this engine is not really any worry and just needs a check every 8 months.
  • Able to boost; as a gift to the engine, Zayne added the ability for it to boost for a very small limited amount of time.
Weaknesses:
  • Difficult to Place; since the engine is very large and meant for Capital ships, it will take a large amount of time and many delicate procedures to make sure it is in the correct position.
  • Unable to Reverse; because of this engine's prime purpose to be used only in emergencies and act as a supplementary engine, the ability to reverse is not considered in this engine.
  • Boost Power Usage; when the boost is being used, it will absorb a lot of energy from either the weapons or shield systems, depending on the user's choice.
DESCRIPTION
The ZI-E251 Capital-class Supplementary Engine was a quick and easy design produced by Zayne Industries. Using the ZI-E250 Capital-class Engine blueprint design, all Zayne and his engineers had to do was create a smaller version and change very few parts. There are some major differences though; first, its armor is not as dense and only generally defends the engine, secondly, it can not reverse, and finally, its maintenance has been lowered considerably.

And as for the boost, its a little gift added by Zayne. The ZI-E251 Capital-class Supplementary Engine is able to boost for about 20-30 seconds and increased sub-light speed from 20-35%, reheat time is 30 minutes. This engine is only meant for emergency purposes and to act as a supplementary engine.

Nelson Zayne said:
Image Source: Here

This link does not seem to match the image used here. Can you double check this please?

Nelson Zayne said:
The ZI-E251 Capital-class Supplementary Engine is able to boost for about 20-30 seconds and increased sub-light speed from 20-35%. This engine is only meant for emergency purposes and to act as a supplementary engine.
How often can it trigger this boost?

Nelson Zayne said:
Image Source: Here
This link does not match the image displayed.

Nelson Zayne said:
Manufacturer: Zayne Industries
When you have a chance, I recommend putting in a company mod request to include "Ship components" or something similar to Zayne Industries' operations. "Technology" is kind of vague operations that this may sort of fall under, but it's going to be iffy to keep using to justify building a whole bunch of different things.

Nelson Zayne said:
I have edited it, 8 minutes reheat time. The reheat is a little long, but the boost is just a small inclusion.
This is doable, but I think that being able to use this multiple times means that this really isn't an emergency engine, at least compared to traditional Star Wars canon. As an example of this, there are emergency and back-up hyperdrives...but they only last one jump.

Combined with a pretty significant increase in temporary speed, this feature should be added to this submission's strengths section. Additionally, there should be a weakness added to balance this out. Typically, sublight engines that provide an engine boost either correspondingly decrease maneuverability during the activation time or drain weapons power.

Nelson Zayne

Born to create tech!
[member="Gir Quee"]

Edited.

Gir Quee said:
When you have a chance, I recommend putting in a company mod request to include "Ship components" or something similar to Zayne Industries' operations. "Technology" is kind of vague operations that this may sort of fall under, but it's going to be iffy to keep using to justify building a whole bunch of different things.

And for the request to add "ship components" as an operation, am I allowed to just put "Component Production" instead? Because Zayne Industries does create vehicle components as well and maybe space station parts in the future.

Nelson Zayne said:
And for the request to add "ship components" as an operation, am I allowed to just put "Component Production" instead? Because Zayne Industries does create vehicle components as well and maybe space station parts in the future.
My guess would be that it would probably have to be more specific than just "component production" (like "vehicle" or "starship"), because almost anything can be a component: drug chemicals, droid parts, lightsaber crystals, alchemized materials, foods, etc. However, I'd defer the exact wording to the RPJs who handle the company modifications for guidance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom