Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech Zerstören Droid

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matreya

Ultron-3-Avengers-2.jpg
Image Source: static.srcdn.com

Intent: To make a useful droid for battle
Development Thread: If needed..
Manufacturer: Merr-Sonn, Inc.
Model: Zerstören
Affiliation: Open Market
Modularity: Yes
Production: Mass

Material: MerrSteel

Classification: Fourth
Weight: 535 kg
Height: 243.84 cm
Movement: Bipedal
Armaments: None (Must Be Given Them)
Misc. Equipment: Motion Sensors // Electromagnetic Scanners

Strengths:
  • [ Strong and Fast ] ~ These droids are built to move fast, and hit hard
Weaknesses:
  • [ Insert Brain Here ] ~ As the model themselves, they possess absolutely zero intelligence - literally. They must have some form of artificial intelligence installed to bear use.
  • [ EMPs = No Go ] ~ There is no Faraday, there is no true protection against being shut down. There is the recuperative ability to start up after a stable period, but nothing to defend against it
  • [ Heavy as all hell ] ~ They are incredibly heavy, meaning large falls, or jumps, can damage their integrity easily
Description: The Zerstören model of droid is a bipedal model, built to be useful in many given situations. It contains a full three-sixty rotary at all of its joints, allowing for a complete reversal if necessary (could rotate head and limbs until its back is the front), as well as heavy durability to most damages, including lightsabers and like attacks. Its dexterity is potentially one that could be heartier than even most human-esque beings can manage.

The sensors on this droid is also the most high tech thing attached, able to cycle through the electromagnetic spectrum field of visions, as well as an enabled motion sensor built in so as to not be snuck up on - this strictly focuses on the peripheral and rear (they cannot see ahead of them through walls etc).

Primary Source: None

RESEARCH REVIEW
-----
Star Wars Canon:
Pending initial review
------
Starwars Chaos:
Pending initial review
------
WITHOUT DEV THREADS
Pending initial review
------
WITH DEV THREADS
Pending Initial review
------
SUGGESTIONS
Pending Inital review

Hi [member="Damien Daemon"]! I will be reviewing this submission.

Damien Daemon said:
[ Insert Brain Here ] ~ As the model themselves, they possess absolutely zero intelligence - literally. They must have some form of artificial intelligence installed to bear use.
I'm slightly confused by the wording used here. Are these droids, intended to be installed with droid brains with specific programming installed by their owners? Or are you actually intending these to be AI bodies? The reason I ask is because AI's are restricted "materials" and thus are incredibly few and far between, most all of which have individual uses and intents. The template defines these as droids, but an AI does not typically fall into a droid category, since it's "alive" in a sense.

Matreya

Either or really. This is simply a husk. If a person finds themselves with a droid old enough to have its conscience achieve true intelligence, boom now they have a powerful body for it. Or if the lowly translator droid wants an upgrade, put its mind in here.

I could alter it to say droid mind specifically, but that in itself is not definitive. Every AI i personally have made, for example, explicitly has mention of 'possessing' droid minds if you will.

[member="Jamie Pyne"]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom