Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech Zenkai Fangs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Intent:: For use in combat
Manufacturer:: Orrin
Model:: vibro blade
Affiliation:: Orrin/ Those of his Force Using Tradition
Modularity:: Yes. One modular swap out/ change can be the replacement of tubing to hold not just some sort of poison, but have the weapon reconfigured to work with acid. This would take the use of material for the blade being something at least somewhat resistant to the acidic compound, or the dilution of the compound to begin with. Requiring several strikes with the blade to have the force of the blow coupled with the blade to aid in eating through whatever the weilder is striking at. Another modular upgrade is the increase in hydraulic pressure to instead of simply creating enough force to push the liquid up to drip over the blade, create enough force for a small quick pressure blast with whatever liquid is stored inside. Another modular upgrade is the use of vials containing gases instead of liquid. When used, the sword can release a poisonous gas cloud with each swing, or depending on the gas used, one could acquire different effects.
Production:: Unique/ Orrin
Material:: Duraplast/ Durasteel. With the addition of vials and some tubing.
Description:: Your basic vibro blade with a small adjustment to it. The hilt holds a space to insert a vial that contains whatever liquid you wish to have placed over your blade. More often than not, it's some sort of poison. The vibrations combined with a few small adjustments and the vial create a hydraulic pumping situation that pushes the liquid up through the tubing and over the blade as a point of gravity takes over. The liquid travels down the blade to enhance the lethality of it. Some poisons that could be used include snake venom, spider's venom, cynide extracts from poisonous plants.

Question: As I understood it a vibroblade is a blade set to vibrate at high velocity to make it deadly. Assuming that is so, how can the toxin coat the blade? Wouldn't it fly off as soon as it touched the vibrating segment?

Some would, but not all. It's not really any different than say a vibrating toothbrush to a degree. It vibrates as a function, but the toothpaste stays where iit's suppose to. Some of the liquid substance would be lost, but that all depends on the frequency of the vibrations as well as the point of how the liquid comes out. With my particular model it comes out close to the tip of the blade(s) and would drip down over it. Some of it would be lost in the vibrations, but it's no different than if you were to let a drop of water run down your hand and then shake it. It's still wet with the water. So the function still has meaning, is what I'm attempting to say. Depending on how you have it vibragting, or rather what frequenciy, is how much of the liquid is lost for no reason.

Jsc

Disney's Princess
Vibroblade plus poison. Easy as pie. :D
  • Model: Vibroblade
  • Modularity: - If Yes, please include your modules you plan on using. If No, don't worry about it.
  • Production: Why minor? You making an armory?
  • Material: Pick one. Lol.
  • Description: List a few poisons you plan on using. Helps in PvP.

Jsc

Disney's Princess
Me like'y. Last thing:
  • Minor Production. This can mean anywhere from a dozen swords to like 50 swords produced at once. If your just making like, 4 of them? I'd rather you put 'Unique x4'. Otherwise I'm going to assume your making like, 50 swords or something. Lol. :D

Jsc

Disney's Princess
Lol. You dropped the formatting between Production and Material. Add that space back in and your all set. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom