Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved NPC Zendaya Selah

Status
Not open for further replies.
Name: Zendaya Selah

Loyalties: Republic (sympathizer)

Role: Owner of Zen's Diner and estranged daughter of Ekul Selah.

Development Threads: None which are lengthy enough to matter

Species: Human

Force-Sensitive: Yes, but it's very weak.

Appearance:
xoek3q.jpg

Zendaya likes to keep her hair cut a bit longer than chin length, and layered; however, her outfits are always colourful yet chic combinations of clothes, though her favourite outfits are these. When at work, she wears this apron.

Her hands and her forearms are covered in tiny scars from kitchen mishaps, though few were serious. She's a little soft around the abdomen (it's just a little muffintop!) and her face has lost a little bit of its youthfulness.

Personality: Zen is a woman who is more than willing to take anyone under her wing in a motherly fashion; this also means she'd give you advice and a free slice of pie just as much as she'd scold you for getting into trouble. That being said... despite her mild dislike of Jedi, she's less than willing to help any Imperial sympathizers (unless they're bleeding to death, and leaving them would be akin to murder).

Weapon of Choice: Blaster Pistol

Wealth: Lower Middle Class. The restaurant business is good, but it's not lucrative.

Combat Function: As she is somewhat decent with a basic blaster pistol, Zen would most likely be giving cover fire. Similarly, she can hold her own against most assailants in hand-to-hand combat scenarios, but she's as good as soggy toast when compared to real masters.

Skills:
+ Great cook
+ Understands many alien languages
+ Knows almost everything about edible and non edible food

- Only has enough Force affinity to do basic telekinesis
- Can't speak many tongues outside of Huttese and Basic

Notable Possessions:
Zen's Diner
The Menu

Other Notes:

BIOGRAPHY:
If the last name didn't give it away, Zendaya was the daughter of the infamous Jedi Ekul Selah; not that that really counts for anything.

Not even a year after she was born, Zendaya was dumped in the lap of the Jedi by her father as if she was some no-good street urchin. There she was cared for and educated, and while she had Force Sensitivity, it wasn't strong enough to warrant training in the ways of a Jedi.

Though many of the non-Force User workers there praised her father and his accomplishments, Zendaya couldn't help but feel bitterness and resentment every time his name came up. It became so unbearable that when she was 18, the girl gathered everything she owned and set off into the galaxy, where she went to many different colleges for many different years until finally, she opened up a small diner on Rendili called "Zen's Diner". There, she is not only the owner, but helps out with orders, whether it's cooking or waiting on customers.

The ruckus caused by Akala and her Netherworld domain didn't just upset the galaxy -- it completely shattered her life. While Zen and her three employees weren't taken, Nien's (the other waitress) and Sham'vida's families were -- Sham's wife and parents were taken, and Nien's younger sisters and grandparents. Sham still stayed as a cook, bringing his now 14-year-old daughter Eoh'vida and 10-year-old son Torr'vida to the diner with him, where the kids helped either Zen or Cran. Nien, however, was too distraught by what happened to stay, and she quit her job to help with her family. The girl was later killed in the Sith occupation of Rendili and the riots.

Her staff:

Cook - Sham'vida, a 48-year-old Twi'lek Male
Dishwasher/Janitor - Cran Tharik, a 27-year-old human male
Assistants - Eoh'vida, a 14-year-old Twi'lek Female and Torr'vida, a 10-year-old Twi'lek Male
Waitress - Nien Go, a Sullustan female who was 20 when she died

Her family:

Mother: Opal Selah
Father: Ekul Selah
Brother (older): Senji Selah
Brother (older): Branimir
Brother (younger): Zemen Selah

[member="Zendaya Selah"]

This is a nice NPC sub but I'm curious why you've gone through the trouble of subbing it when you've already made a full PC account for this character?

[member="Lorelei Darke"]

Because I've always encountered trouble when attempting to completely muster my muse for this character. After having the initial group of folks she was created for kinda go MIA, and then not being able to garner enough PC interest in her diner, I figured it was time to let this one go along with the other inactive characters of mine.

Unlike the other inactives, however, I had put in too much effort for this character's background to simply cast her aside and replace her. And, with the removal of the bequeath-your-pc-character-to-another-writer, I figured the best way for Zen to go was to switch her to an NPC. This way, she won't be (completely) forgotten, and who knows -- perhaps she'll gain more use as an NPC than a PC.

Anyway, long-winded as it was, those are my reasons :)

Very well. Just keep in mind that if she does pick back up into PC mode, you'll need to stick to normal training through the ranks if you decide to go the route of an FU. :)

Approved.

[member="Zendaya Selah"]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom