Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech Zaiden's Recon Armor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matreya

black_rogue_armor_by_thedarkestseason-d334k6l.jpg

Intent: Zaiden is learning Force Cloak, so I wanted him to have a recon armor.
Development Thread: N/A
Hero Unit: No
Manufacturer: Zaiden's Father
Model: His father's personal recon armor
Affiliation: Zaiden/Zaiden's Father
Modularity: No
Production: Unique
Material: Durasteel with an outercasing made of Alumisteel with interwoven Transparisteel to help bend light.
Description:
Zaiden's father built himself armor, specifically for eventualities he thought possible. When he died, Zaiden found it hidden in his fathers gear. Spending several weeks in isolation, in one of his old family homes on Hoth, Zaiden fixed the damaged armor. Making only few modifications, Zaiden realized the intent behind the armor and sought to keep it for the training he was currently doing in regards to learning Force Cloak.

It was made of two seperate steel components, with strands of Transparisteel that helped bend light. Basically, light hits the armor at such an angle that it almost best around the suit. With minor coaxing from the force or a force user, it can bend around the armor completely generating a Force Cloak that requires less concentration and energy to uphold.

The helmet encases different forms of visions including infrared, night, enhanced zoom, and aura sight. It allows a direct connection to his EAG Lightcycle's database allowing for access to the holonet from anywhere. He can communicate both ways with anytype of communicator.

The durability of the suit is enough to deflect vibro-swords and minor blaster fire if from a distance. It provides moderate insulations for heat and cold, to up to 500° F and down to -350° F. The insulation is not made for, but does allow minor resistance to Force Lightning.

--------------------------------------------------------------

Classification: Other
Weight: 65 lbs.
Quality: Class-4
Other Feature(s): N/A

Basically it's a recon armor solely, if caught in a close up battle he's screwed unless he takes out his opponent quickly.

Sirella Valkner

Because I'm a plant.
Okay so first, I'd like to see a bit more description from you on this. Second if you're using this to augment an incomplete force cloak I'm okay, but I would like it to be an either or thing. You can't know force cloak and use the armor, its either one or the other. Even still though, I'd like to get a second opinion on this before final judgment, just to make sure.

Matreya

I only said the heat wave portion to make it sound cool. He won't use it without the power, it will only be used as the amplifier. I can take that bit out if necessary.

Really the armors only purpose is to look cool, and make using the cloak easier, because it would usually take far more concentration to hold the cloak. The bending light takes some of the process off. Only slightly so of course.

I'd like to echo Sirella's concern about the description. While the essentials are there, it just feels very sparse, like you're giving me the bare bones without any meat. Can you add some more fluff to it? For example, the visual description of the armor. Does the armor confer any strength benefits? You say it is an exoskeleton, so it has to be powered, and thus it should augment strength, but by how much? Is it enclosed and sealed from the environment?

I do like the imagery of a heat wave/shimmer. That said, I also feel a bit uncomfortable if the armor can cloak without or with knowing Force Cloak. It should only be used as an amplifier, as you said.

Matreya

So@[member="Sirella Valkner"] is taking a LOA she said so...@[member="Spencer Jacobs"] @[member="Ashin Varanin"] maybe you could look at it?

Matreya

Facepalm. I didn't even remember @[member="Asemir Lor'kora"] posted. I am on my phone and I couldn't see all of the replied.

@[member="Zaiden"]

Sorry about that, spent the night playing Borderlands 2 and reading.

Edits look good except for this line: It has very minor insulations for heat and cold, to up to 1000° F and down to -350° F.

A temperature range of 1350 degrees is not minor. Can you clarify that line please? Do you mean "minor insulation" as in there is a minor amount of physical insulation? Or do you mean the armor provides a minor amount of insulation?

If the latter, the values listed is not a minor amount of insulation, especially the -350 considering that the lowest temperature on Earth is -128.6 F on Antarctica. Values around 0 F to 300 F are more reasonable especially given that this armor is not specialized to operate in extreme climates. As a comparison for the upper limit, the US standard for firefighting gear is that no part of it will melt, drip, etc. when exposed to heat of 500 F for more than 5 minutes (NFPA 1975).

Once that has been clarified, I believe this can be approved.

Matreya

Lmao see what happens when you ask me to add more detail? I get all confusing and post the wrong number etc. Thanks for the information, the reason i thought 1000 would be good was cause I know that gasoline torches can reach that temp. I am for the most part online on my phone, and i couldn't get it to load the page i needed. And I imagined planets like Mustafar, and also didn't remember nor know why I put very minor. Actually if I change the 1000 to say..500 (i could sit in my oven with it on high! Lmao) and change the words to say moderate, do we got a deal l? Lol the -350 is going to come into play in my RPs in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom