Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Starship YV-929 armed freighter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Image Source: http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/YV-929_armed_freighter
Affiliation: Open Market
Manufacturer: Corellian Engineering Corporation
Model: YV-929 Sigma
Modularity: Yes
Production: Mass-Produced.
Material: Durasteel, Transparisteel, Duralloy, Duranium
Classification: Gunship

Crew: 1pilot, 3 gunners
Passengers: 6

Length: 22 meters
Width: 5 meters
Height: 5 meters

Armament:
Double Turbo Laser Cannons (1)
Ion Cannons (2)
Triple Blasters (2)
Concussion Missile Launchers (2)

Cargo Capacity: 150 metric tons

Special Features:
Powerful Sheilding
Navigation system

Maneuverability Rating: 6
Speed Rating: 4
Hyperdrive Class: 2

Strengths:
Heavily Armed and Armored
Weaknesses:
Not as agile as some other CEC models
Cargo capacity is slightly reduced due to arms load.

Description:
"Unlike most CEC freighters, which came off the assembly lines with minimal weaponry, the YV-929 was designed from the start to be heavily armed for defense against pirate and Rebel raids, and also featured very strong shields."-Wookieepedia

The YV-929 Sigma is a re-tuned version of the original YV-929. The Sigma addresses some of the issues caused by the overkill of heavy weaponry on the original 929s. The Sigma only has one Dual Light Turbo Laser turret mounted on the top of the vessel and rather than a pair of Concussive Missile Launchers facing both prow and aft of the vessel, there is a single launcher facing each end of the vessel. In spite of the reduced firepower, The YV-929 Sigma is still one of the most heavily armed stock freighters on the market.

Development Thread: If necissary
Intent: Provide an open use mass produced CEC freighter
Who Can Use This: ANYONE! yay!
Primary Source: http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/YV-929_armed_freighter

ADM. Reshmar

Directorate Officer Fleet Admiral SJC 3rd Fleet
RESEARCH REVIEW

Star Wars Canon:
Pending initial review

Starwars Chaos:
Pending initial review

WITHOUT DEV THREADS
Pending initial review

WITH DEV THREADS
Pending Initial review

SUGGESTIONS
Pending Inital review

ADM. Reshmar

Directorate Officer Fleet Admiral SJC 3rd Fleet
[member="P.R.I.M.U.S."] First off Nice use of hyperlinks. We like those.

Now for the bad news.

This is basically a canon ship, but it is a broken on as far as our starship rules go. It far exceeds what we allow for a ship as far as weapons go and is basically unrealistic per canon specs. A ship this size and mass produced is allowed 4 weapons. This goes up as the production limit goes up. As it is canon we can not really stop you from using it but it can not make it through the factory as it is.

This ship has 2 capital weapons on it.
While these are allowed on ships this size I generally count them as 2 weapons each.
Then you have 10 sub capital weapons
triple blasters I consider rapid fire which count as 2 weapons each
ion canons are 1 and light warhead launchers are 1

Now good news.
Lets call this a Gunship.it will open up how many weapons you get on it.

P.R.I.M.U.S. said:
Classification: Armed Freighter
Change this to Gunship

This gives you 12 weapons now.
2 dual light turbolasers = 4
2 triple blasers = 4
2 ions = 2
4 warhead launchers = 4

this still puts you over by 2 weapons which can be made up for by making speed and maneuvering low as this ship is refereed to as a flying brick.

As a ship this size would normally be speed and maneuvering 5, I would say make maneuvering 7 and speed 6 and it would make up for the 2 extra guns.

P.R.I.M.U.S. said:
Strengths: (Provide, in list format, a minimum of 1 strength of this submission.) Weaknesses: (Provide, in list format, a minimum of 1 weaknesses of this submission.)
These will need to be filled in. I would suggest
Strengths:
Heavy armament
Large Cargo Capacity

Weaknesses
Slow
Poor Maneuvering

No for the really bad news.

While I appreciate the hyperlinks, the description is just a copy from the wiki page.

Yes you quoted it and sourced it but you will still need a description that is not just a quote from wiki.

[member="Reshmar"]

Thanks for the comprehensive critique, Its good to know exactly what's wrong. I made some different changes, I reduced the weaponry rather than make it a slower gunship and added 'Sigma' to the model number to differentiate from the canon version.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom