Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech Yuvies Alchemist Armor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Iturizu Yuvie

Be carfule what you wish for
a9e83ebb9acc1c74128e0bcf50c57a8f--fantasy-armor-fantasy-weapons.jpg

OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
PRODUCTION INFORMATION
  • Manufacturer: Utai Magic Circle
  • Model: N/A
  • Affiliation: Iturizu Yuvie
  • Modularity: No
  • Production: Unique
  • Material: Alchemized durasteel (interconnecting armor plates), Nanosilk (Full body suits), Light/Thin Synthmesh (armor underlay).
TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS
  • Classification: Multipurpose
  • Weight: 17.7 kg.
  • Resistances
- Blasters: Extreme
- Kinetic: Average
- Lightsabers: High
- Other:
  • Electrical: Low
  • EMP: Average
  • Temperature: Average
  • Radiation: Low
SPECIAL FEATURES
  • Lacks heavy plating around the upper leg to allow user greater flexibility during a right to lessen the restrictive nature of the armor.
  • Sythmesh and silk underlay provided decent protection against outside temperature
  • De-ionizor to protect against users against EMP and Ion grenades
  • Magnetic lock boots in case of zero G situations
Strengths:
  • The durasteel plates used in the armor are highly resistant to blaster bolts, lightsabers, plasma and most forms of energy based weapons due to alchemy enhancement.
  • The use of plates and different armor weaves make the suit more flexible then is appears allowing for less limb restriction around the legs and arms and thus allowing yuvie to put her form two fighting style to good use.
  • The alchemy enhancement proceeds to boots the wearers force energy making them more powerful by a defined margin, thus making her force attack stronger then before.
Weaknesses:
  • Multiple exposed points around the legs, hips and under the arms in attempts to grant greater flexibility has create several weak points that can be targeted during fights making its resistant to most weapons being voided if hit in these specific areas.
  • Weight of the suit (specifically for this character) makes limits movement speed as well as making acrobatic displays harder to perform without risk of causing battle fatigue and thus lowering combat effectiveness
  • Alchemy enhancement makes the suit contain dark energy and spirits and thus give of a constant darkside aura, making it rather had to hide from detection of other force users.
  • Being primarily made out of metal the suit is unable to resist electric charges making it susceptible to electric based weapons like electro staffs and whips meaning the user will experience most of the shock behind said weapons strikes.
DESCRIPTION
During her last mission under the employment of the Galactic Empire as an inquisitor Yuvie suffer a large array of wound from multiple combatants before ultimately being shot in the back by her own men at the order of being declared a traitor, her armor providing little protection against the onslaught of attacks.

Upon recovery under the watch of the Silver Jedi, the former inquisitor set out to continue her work under the banner of the Galactic Alliance, but also saw the need to upgrade her protective clothing so such and event would not happen again. As such Yuvie sought out the help of Janick Beauchamphttp://starwarsrp.net/user/15218-janick-beauchamp/ using under ground contacts upon hearing about the woman's skill in using alchemy for the creation of weapons armor and many other components.

Out of this meeting fruit was beard, in the form of a formidable armored suit that was resistant to many of the galaxies available weapons, being tailor made for Yuvies use of light saber dueling, deliberately placing heavy armor in vital places but keeping certain areas exposed to allow easier movement in the limbs.

Under Review.

Good day, [member="Iturizu Yuvie"],

To begin, this suit has two extreme ratings and no weaker resistances. It is effective against all types of damage. Already that is a no-no in my book. If you're using two extreme resistances I would not accept this for anything less than no resistance to other forms of damage from a practical RPing standpoint or some other involved weakness.

If you need suggestions I can help you find weaknesses that are suitable.

Next - weight. Please use the template provided:
  • Weight: (Please choose a weight between Very Light, Light, Average, Heavy, Very Heavy and Extreme.)
And going along with that I'd like for you to reconsider the weight. Most standard battle armors in SW are about 16kg. That is for standard armor.

Your suit claims:

• The suit is relativity heavy limiting acrobatic movement and agility
But the heavier suits are about 30 kgs. Your suit is 11.4 kg without the use of specialized materials to lower the weight. Does your alchemy strengthen durasteel? Nanosilk and Synthmesh do not provide extreme resistance to damage.

Let me know how you want begin with this.

Thank you,
-Major

Iturizu Yuvie

[member="The Major"] I made the weight 17.7 kg and changed kinetic weapon resistant to just average, as for resistance I would like to know what it could be weak against, but I have seen many armors that have very high resistance to multiple weapons that are accepted. The alchemy is only on the durasteel armor and does make the metal very resistant against blasters and sabres, the nano silk and symesh are more of an explanation for the unarmored parts of the suits, e.i. under the arms around and lower legs, not really anything to give protection. Though from an rp point of view PCs can said unprotected areas making the high resistant specs pointless

Iturizu Yuvie said:
but I have seen many armors that have very high resistance to multiple weapons that are accepted.

Precedence is not a factor in judging submissions. Please reduce one of the extreme ratings or give me a low rating on one of the main categories of resistance.

In addition your strength

Iturizu Yuvie said:
The use of plates and different armor weaves make the suit more flexible then is appears allowing for less limb restriction

Is in direct contradiction to this weakness:

Iturizu Yuvie said:
The suit is relativity heavy limiting acrobatic movement and agility

Does it inhibit movement or doesn't it? Pay close attention when you pick weaknesses or features so as to not leave contradicting stats like this. If you're going to use all average or above average resistances, then at least give me a slew of technical weaknesses or limitations.

[member="Iturizu Yuvie"]

Iturizu Yuvie

The Major said:
Precedence is not a factor in judging submissions. Please reduce one of the extreme ratings or give me a low rating on one of the main categories of resistance.
This here is a sub I have done which has two extreme ratings and has been approved, I will change light sabre to high but if I keep down grading the armor it may use its lose to me, also I believed that unique armors can have extreme rating and that minor or produced stuff cannot.

The Major said:
Is in direct contradiction to this weakness:

The weakness is that it is heavy and makes movement speed slower as well as jumping around and doing things like flips (Specially for this character who is not some super strong mando who all run around in 20kg super armor all day), not that is restrict flexibility of the limbs.

Again. Precedence is of no factor in a ruling. When I look at a sub I try to see how it affects RP and if a sub is resistant to every form of damage that other players can deal out it just doesn't work for me. To be frank I don't even see how you achieve the resistances you claim with the materials listed. I simply cannot accept extreme ratings without thought and effort put into weaknesses.

Round it out or second chance it.

Thank you for your time,

---M

[member="Iturizu Yuvie"]

Iturizu Yuvie

Okay I can understand what you mean though I think personal bias is something factory judges should leave to a minimum. lest make it unfair on subbers as if their tech approval is more luck of who reviews it and not development and detailed description. Meaning other people can get away with over powered stuff and have a massive advantage over others who have their stuff rejected or down graded to the point Mass produced open market armor is better.

The armor rating it only for its strongest point and their are many different rp ways to work around extreme armor suits, e.g. the robes I subbed in my last post are still robes, as such a heavy/powerful will still cause a huge amount of blunt force trauma to the user, despite it having high kinetic resistance.

Explanation for my armor Rating: The use of alchemy on the armor and infusing of spirits and dark side energy makes the armor resistant to sabre attacks, combined with durasteels general high heat tolerance and small sythmesh underlay it thus has a high protection again sabres and extreme against blasters, In addition is also boots the users force powers slightly. As such I cannot down grade it anymore then it already is for rp reasons and lore.

[member="The Major"]

Iturizu Yuvie said:
Okay I can understand what you mean though I think personal bias is something factory judges should leave to a minimum. lest make it unfair on subbers as if their tech approval is more luck of who reviews it and not development and detailed description. Meaning other people can get away with over powered stuff and have a massive advantage over others who have their stuff rejected or down graded to the point Mass produced open market armor is better.

The armor rating it only for its strongest point and their are many different rp ways to work around extreme armor suits, e.g. the robes I subbed in my last post are still robes, as such a heavy/powerful will still cause a huge amount of blunt force trauma to the user, despite it having high kinetic resistance.

Explanation for my armor Rating: The use of alchemy on the armor and infusing of spirits and dark side energy makes the armor resistant to sabre attacks, combined with durasteels general high heat tolerance and small sythmesh underlay it thus has a high protection again sabres and extreme against blasters, In addition is also boots the users force powers slightly. As such I cannot down grade it anymore then it already is for rp reasons and lore.

[member="The Major"]
If you believe your submission is being judged unfairly please request a second chance. Accusations of bias in a submission will not be tolerated.

We do not allow the inclusion of two restricted materials in submissions anymore, as of factory 5.0 on January 2nd. These rules have been posted since factory closure for members to read through before we reopened. Alchemy is a restricted material, and Wintrium (in the Synthmesh) is a restricted material.

Choose one.
ce25de3ba9e897d7839bd52c0b943d1b.png

Iturizu Yuvie

There is no wintruim in the Sythmesh, it is just basic stuff used in cannon to act as an underlay to allow the metal plates to be attached to the silk skin suit in attempts to make things seem more realistic, [member="Nadja Keto"], it if posses a problem I will remove it, other wise I would like to request a second chance.

[member="Iturizu Yuvie"]
If you do not wish to adhere to your factory judge's request (made by [member="The Major"]) please request a second chance. (I am referring to the request for an edit above.)

This will result in your submission being reassigned to a different judge than your current factory judge for the possibility of a different perspective.

Iturizu Yuvie

I have added some more detail to the weaknesses, mainly in the exposed areas around the waist, pelvis, legs and under arms which would make the extreme armor rating pointless if a blaster bolt, light sabre blade or bullet where to strike there. [member="Nadja Keto"]

[member="Iturizu Yuvie"]
Make the resistance of the armor to one of your more common resistances listed in the Other section as Low or lower and list that as a weakness and this will be ready for approval. Your armor is currently essentially resistant to all forms of damage outside of radiation.

This can be done by lowering electrical resistance down from Average to low and using that for a tangible weakness, or lowering its temperature resistance (you're in a suit of metal armor, so this would be a very logical weakness) from High to Low and listing that as a weakness.

Either of these changes, or another similar change, would work.

Or you can lower the Extreme rating to Very High.

Iturizu Yuvie

Ah okay, I was getting the implication from Major that I would have to lower either Lightsabre resistance or blaster resistance to low, not one of the secondary armor ratings, that makes things much more easier. Though I will say from pvp experience even high armor rating seems to do little to protect my pc from damage even against the basic of open market weapons.

[member="Nadja Keto"]

[member="Iturizu Yuvie"]
Please elaborate on your Low electrical resistance rating in the Weakness section. This should highlight the vulnerability of your armor to electrical weapons or electricity in general, such as to the shocking factor of an electrostaff.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom