Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Yutan's Finest: The hunt for the Guardians

Yutan a week after the CSA Senate Charter session.

Viktor sat in his office going over the latest reports. The Yutani government having made a rather large investment in Viktor was insisting that he hire some personal security to travel with him. Not just back and forth between Yutan and Commenor but anywhere else he made need to travel. For a good while Viktor had protested and delayed. In the end though he relented under two conditions. The first being he chose who it would be. The second condition being that the candidates being selected from the Yutani military.

The first condition was readily agreed to. The second however took some convincing. The Yutani military was small and still rebuilding. They had put too much faith in the Republic Army to keep them safe. When the Republic collapsed it left Yutan devastated. It was only when Viktor mentioned the exchanged program with Commenor which the Queen had pre-approved that they relented and let Viktor choose out of the military.

It was still going to be an uphill battle. Viktor didn't want or need fresh recruits straight out of basic training but there were so few veterans. What veterans Yutan still had would be needed for the greater good of defending Yutan.

A predicament to be sure. After finishing up some much needed paperwork for the Senate Viktor stood to head to Army Command. He had a meeting with the General. Luckily for Viktor the General was a fan of Viktor's If only for the fact Viktor was the only Government official with combat training.

A few minutes later Viktor would knock on the General's door and wait for the man to bid him enter. Pushing through the door Viktor spoke.

"General. Do you have a moment sir?"

The General stood seeing Viktor and moved around the table offering Viktor a hand shake.

"Ah yes Senator please come in."

Viktor smiled shaking the General's hand.

"I trust the Prime Minister has already sent you over the proposal? I wanted to discuss with you potentially screening your men for the position."

The General moved behind the table picking up a folder and offering a seat to Viktor.

"I did and I have to say I am not a fan of potentially having to give up good men for gloried guard duty. I have so few to work with as it is."

Viktor nodded.

"I understand completely General. Truth be told I have spent the better part of two weeks refusing protection at all. A battle that I ultimately lost. In the end I have two choices. Let the Prime Minister hire a bunch of off world Mercenaries or I take a small contingent of native Yutanians with not only a love of Yutan but the ability to represent the best Yutan has to offer."

Viktor paused.

"Personally I would like to see Yutan properly represented in a good light."

The General was speechless for a few minutes prompting Viktor to add another two cents.

"These men and women regardless of where they come from will be the face of Yutan. How they act and react will be watched. Maybe even scrutinized. Do you want to leave the face of Yutan up to a bunch of undisciplined Mercenaries or do we want to let the men and women of Yutan decide for themselves how they are perceived."

Viktor paused.

"We have enough on our hands with Commenor itself. The Queen is pursuing alliances with everyone from the Galactic Alliance to the First Order and everyone in between. Now there is nothing I nor the Senate can do to improve the situation. It is up to us to be ready to ensure if this things goes to poodoo we are prepared to react accordingly. That means having good men and women not only on the front lines to get us advanced warning but to gather the intel needed to make sure we are not flying in blind."

The General scratched his chin but said nothing yet. Viktor for his part remained silent giving the man time to process and react.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom