Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

You're Gonna Love Tomorrow [Amin Garith]

skin, bone, and arrogance
One of the pleasures of Natasi Fortan's job was to welcome transfers. It was something of a human resources function, but with those who had once served with another military organization, it was important to get a feel for them. The appointment was set for 0930 in the capital, and Natasi was in her office. She had the beginnings of a file on this new man -- [member="Amin Garith"] -- and it looked fairly promising, but it still needed filling-in.

Coffee was made -- Korribean Caf, which she had recently discovered courtesy of Mr. [member="Darell Irani"] -- and water was poured, ready to be offered to the new man when he arrived.

Amin moved smartly in his New Order Commandos dress uniform through the double doors of the building where he was to interview with the contact he'd met through the holonet. Supposedly First Order, and part of an organization that they couldn't mention without breaking a protocol. The Commando had entertained the possibility that it could be a trap, despite the fact that it was on a First Order world. He didn't care. He longed to serve with like minded individuals again. Folk that shared his values, instead of the honorless mercs that he'd grown accustomed to after the fall of the New Order.

The receptionist PVT gave a bit of a startled look at the crisp uniform and cold gaze before directing him along the appropriate path. He moved through the building quickly and approached the office where he contact was supposed to be with the authority of an officer.

He knocked. [member="Natasi Fortan"]

Natasi answered the door and smiled politely at [member="Amin Garith"]. She was not a military officer by any means, but she would certainly be able to put him in touch with the right person following their meeting. "It's Garith, isn't it?" she asked as she extended a hand in greeting. When the door was closed, the pleasantries were over, and her guest had been offered refreshments, Natasi invited him to take a seat in one of the guest chairs in front of her desk. Instead of sitting behind her desk in the swivel-chair, she took the other char, reaching forward to set her steaming cup of caf -- black, or go home she remembered with a self-concscious half-smile -- on the desk and picked up her jacket file.

"Am I to understand that you have an interest in working in covert operations, Mr. Garith?" She clicked her pen and made ready to jot notes. "Now, are you looking for something in the intelligence-gathering field, or are you more looking to be a... what's the phrase? ...one-man weapon of mass destruction? The First Order has a need for both."

[member="Natasi Fortan"]

A small smirk broke the man's cold demeanor at the mention of being a one man death machine. He was sure there were quite a few pubs who survived the war who certainly had that opinion of him, back when he'd leapt into combat with a jump pack and machine gun. A pure armored weapon of hate, driving a sharpened fist through those who held the weak ethos of a corrupted culture.

He sat and accepted the caf.

"I was hoping to do something a bit in between ma'am. If it would be agreeable to yourself and those above. I've led men into combat more times than I can count, and hold a skill set most don't. My loyalty to the cause is unwavering, and I will do my duty without question, regardless of where I'm placed."

He handed his file to the woman before him along with a rough outline of an idea he'd cooked up while merc'ing about the rim.

"If permitted, I'd like to give that plan a shot ma'am."

Natasi scratched some notes in her notepad, looking up to ensure that [member="Amin Garith"] knew she was following along. When he offered his file, Natasi's eyebrows furrowed and she reached over to take it. Highly unusual, she thought. Even more unusual was that when she opened his file, it did not contain a resume and attendant documents. She clicked her pen and rested the click-button against her chin as she studied it, occasionally glancing up over the folder at Garith. "This is..." she paused and tapped her pen against her chin thoughtfully, pursing her lips. "This is very ambitious, Mr. Garith," she said after a moment.

She leaned back in her chair, resting his folder on top of hers on her knees as she crossed her legs. "I don't know enough about unit organization to approve this as is," she finally said, folding her hands over her trim abdomen. "This may require slightly more capital than someone new to our organization might possess," she said diplomatically, indicating the file. "It certainly looks well-organized and well thought-out, but I can't say the brass would go for it right away. It might do to build a rapport with the military establishment and the men first?" Natasi looked up, scrutinizing the man's reaction to her comments.

Amin gave a neutral expression to [member="Natasi Fortan"] as she spoke.

"Of course ma'am, just point me in the right direction." He replied.

He was glad that his idea was put on the backburner for the time being, he hadn't expected the powers that be to grant such authority to some random Officer who they'd yet to see in action. The move had accomplished it's purpose. To show initiative.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom