Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private You're a Wizard Evelynn.

Sopher

S
Touch felt like a lifetime ago. The warmth of another’s devotion fleeting like the warmth of spring. It had been so long since the man had felt the heat in his heart, the connection they had shared swell to life. Distance kept them apart; he had closed off every avenue preventing her from finding him. He wished and craved her by his side, she was addiction incarnate, and he was her addict. The rain poured in the small village on the outskirts of an undisclosed city, on an undisclosed world populated by New Imperial Order citizens. They watched the hooded man standing in the rain, staring down the small hut at the end of town.
The Force rolled off of his stature, his hermit life showing the devote training he endured. Every day, everything he did - it was for her. Failure would not be at his hand when it came to her no longer. Back then, he was a frail child, smitten with a girl from the Zambrano family, and he would have given everything up to be with her.
His masters saw this, and he was scolded by this desire. Yet, he still wanted her, he always loved her even after everything. Thoughts returned to the bridge and her long-forgotten cloak against a tear-stained cheek, then the feeling of his bones breaking at the bottom of the ravine.
Life wasn’t done with him, he recovered and trained. Soon his mission came to find her and walk the path she chose at her side. She was the reason for his life and hopefully, this trip and his search was for not. Long strides took him to the foot of the door, and with a thunderous crash, the Dark Jedi Master tore through the wooden door. His figure taking up the length of the door, shoulders broad and strong. Thunder cracked behind him, and the light illuminated his face.
One she hadn’t seen in a lifetime, ice-blue eyes stared deep within her soul.
“It’s been far too long, Beatrice Govan Beatrice Govan .”

Could Evelynn no longer exist in peace? Was every moment of respite at a hotel, lodge or otherwise doomed to be marked by an expected visitor? At least she wasn't getting shot in the head, now, that was a bright side that could be enjoyed by all (she had still wheeled herself away from the windows, however). No, this was a far less subtle affair with a blazing presence in the Force fast approaching the rented lodge.

What could she do? Make her great escape as a cripple in a wheelchair? Prepare to fight and die? Curl up in a ball, stop moving and hope that whoever it was just went away?

No! She would be disturbed in dignity, damn it!

However, as the presence came ever closer there was an edge of familiarity, and usually, in the sense of people from the woman's past, this would not have been a pleasant thing, mostly due to the fact she hadn't been an entirely pleasant person.

This was...different.

The woman sat opposite the front door, dressed like a disgustingly plain commoner with her arms folded across her chest, golden prosthetic arm out in the open like a centrepiece as she waited for a knock.

Which did not come.

No, instead the door was booted off its hinges and crashed to the floor with a heavy slam and immediately the woman's mind and expression turned to horrified outrage. THIS WAS A RENTAL! However, before she could let such a fact be mentally screamed at the man who disrupted her, he spoke and she looked.

Blue poured into green as she sat, dumbfounded, her usual nihilistic wit left mute by the ghost now stood before her.

“...oeh,” Evelynn finally responded with a croak, her mind seeming to have forgotten that it no longer held a tongue as she continued to stare at the man she had last seen as a mere boy, “wha...”

It had been too long. Time had been cruel and the naive, little girl that he had once known had long since perished to the monstrosities of blood and lust. A thousand atrocities and more separated the pair from then to now. Force, she had died and been reborn in that time.

Face softened but remained laced with concern as her rigid posture loosened and the woman finally found her bearings to respond telepathically, the blonde's mental voice attempting to be as gentle as possible.

Sopher, what are you doing here?

Sopher

S
The rain and thunder crashed outside of the small rickety hut. Sopher had hoped Evelynn didn’t pay much for the rental since it was such a hole in the wall. A part of him felt terrible about the door being blasted off its hinges, but he wanted his presence known, he wanted to show his strength and prove to her that he was capable of protecting her. Muscles tensed as he saw the girl, no the woman who had been his whole world, pathetically sitting in a chair withering away.
His heart broke once more into a thousand pieces. This was the woman that kept him alive as his bones shattered against dirt and rock, she was his reason to get up every morning, and here she was a shadow of her once beautiful face. Sopher watched her and didn’t respond right away, his mind mulling over the rumors of his once lover. He felt her die, their small bond shattering when she did, he had never felt pain such as that. Yet he was reminded of that pain staring at her.
“Evelynn.” He spoke her name, the letters and sound rolling over his tongue as if her name was forbidden, but he had to speak his goddess name. Stepping forward, he brought himself closer and lowered his shape to her eye level. He stared, just as the boy stared and admired her. “I’m here for you.”
Remembering the door and the rain, he held up a finger telling her to wait a second. He turned to the fallen door and squatted, each muscle rippling and coming to life as he lifted the weight and placed it against the doorframe he had come through. They were protected from the elements for now.
Quickly returning to his former position, he sighed happily. “I have been looking for you for all this time. I failed to protect you once before, but I’ve grown stronger, and no harm shall ever foul your beauty.” Even now, with her being so far from how his memory preserved her, she was the most beautiful woman he had ever laid his eyes upon. "Please tell me you would have me."

Oh.

Oh, dear.

The concern that laced her gaunt features only deepened as the woman observed the manner in which Sopher spoke her name. Normally a person of Evelynn's character would have appreciated such feverish reverence however this was a circumstance that called for alarm and as his stare pierced through her the woman was left to wonder what had gone wrong.

He had always been such a wholesome boy, who at one point in time had fallen for an entirely wholesome girl and while the hand of fate brutally clawed across one of those souls the Emperor's daughter always thought that he would remain in sweet virtue, like a puppy caught in stasis.

Evidently not the case, as he motioned for her to stay (as if she was capable of going anywhere) and hefted up the door to place it against the frame it had been ejected from. Yes, this man was far from the boy that she had once known and she, well...

...oh, how things had changed.

As he returned to her eye level bearing pledges of protection Evelynn attempted a small smile that was still offset by the worry held upon her brow.

Sopher, I...

There was a choice and with it a mind of two halves, both selfish in kind but of differing priorities.

In the woman's current state the offer of protection could not be ignored, never before had the blonde Sith been so pathetic and vulnerable. To have him, a loyal hound by her side to strike down those that would seek to hamper her ambition. It would be invaluable, albeit of suspect motivations.

However, this was all so sudden and it seemed as if his dedication was more of an obsession steeped in complete lunacy. What if she awoke one night with his hands around her throat, crushing the life out of her with tear-stained pledges of 'together forever?'

...I would, I would but...

She would have to fix him first, however. Not the healthiest of solutions admittedly, but the current theme of her life seemed to be adapting. How terribly apt.

...I need to know what happened to you. You're different. It has been so long. Where have you been? Tell me, please.

Sopher

S
He could feel her emotions, and it caused him to pull away slightly. This had gone entirely different in his head, but the reality of their situation laid before him. Sopher paused and fell back onto his bottom, he remained somewhat eye level to her, and he watched her. The features that brought forth her beauty were gone, but he still saw the girl that she had once been. It angered him, knowing that he was too weak to protect her, and it had been Evelynn that had saved him.
The clone sighed softly and ran his fingers through his natural blonde hair, so much had happened; he really didn't know where to start. " Beatrice Govan Beatrice Govan ." He spoke her name, it felt good to say her name. It was a reminder that she was real and not a dream. "I ran so far after that night. I wanted to come back to save you from the Dark Lord." His eyes couldn't focus on her as he remembered his failures. "I wasn't strong enough to come back. I wanted to believe that I had time. I needed time to become stronger for you, but I didn't have that needed time."
His shoulders slouched as his body caved in on itself. For the first time since he had arrived, the strong Master of the Force crumpled and became the lost boy Evelynn had met so long ago. "I felt you change, become twisted by the dark side. I found myself angry, not understanding why the Force tore us apart. I asked myself if we weren't meant to be happy." His face showed his sadness, and he struggled to fight back the tears that welled in his eyes.
"I felt you die, I felt everything. It was the day I learned about Force bonds and how you share them with those you love. When you died, that feeling, the one that I held on to disappeared." Sopher had never spoken about this to anyone. His masters disappearing on him as well, one falling to the dark side - there wasn't much for him to hold on to. "I tried to end my life, a life without the people I cherished wasn't worth living. I was alone with all my failures, and I just hated myself. I couldn't help my Masters, I couldn't help you - there was no reason for me to live."
Sopher didn't cry, but he finally looked back at her. "I couldn't even succeed at dying. After that, I learned about who I was and where I came from. I trained, I learned, I became stronger - because even if I couldn't save you from the Dark Lord then, I was going to avenge you. It was then I suddenly felt your spirit though the Force again. So I came to find you."
The man nodded, his features brightening as he remembered the day he had felt her through the Force again. "So I searched once more and finally found you. I wish to remain at your side Evelynn if you would have me. No harm would ever come to you." The smile, the soft smile he reserved only for her when they were young, appeared on his face. The scrawny clone boy who could barely talk to her, yet loved her with all his heart sat before her, smiling.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom