Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Your Future is in the Cards (Open – Have your Future Read)

Ex-Solider | Ex-Spy | Doctor
Your Future is in the Cards

OOC thread, FAQ and references can be found here. This thread is IC, please visit the OOC to ask questions.

Tl;dr (although it is better if you read the OOC thread)
Please follow this rough guide for Roleplaying in this thread:
  • Travel to (or start on) Corellia and reach Roth’s tent.
  • Introduce yourself to Lewis, give a brief summary of yourself to help in divination.
  • Ask Lewis to read your future using the tarot cards.
  • Leave the tent or stay and ask questions.
[SIZE=11pt]Each of Lewis’s posts will have: ‘Reading for - <Name>´at the top so writers are able to distinguish who is receiving the reading. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]
[/SIZE]
[SIZE=11pt]***[/SIZE]​
Lewis cared little for his parents, but he loved his grandmother. She had shown him her tarot cards when he was a child and he had always been fascinated by them. When he was young, she’d divined the joys of his future. In later years she had warned him about the threats he might face. A kindly old woman, but her gift takes its toll.

Her funeral was the usual grand Roth affair, but few attended. She had not ventured out of the house often and the mourners consisted almost entirely of family. After the ceremony, Lewis was eager to leave but was asked to stay for the reading of the will. His grandmother had left the estate and family fortune entirely to her Daughter (who had controlled both anyway for a number of years). To Lewis she left only her Tarot deck and one last reading, that she had wrote on a piece of paper. It listed three cards, which Lewis drew from the deck:

Strength.jpg
The_World.jpg
Temperance.jpg

This was a future that had been read to him before. He interpreted it as he would strength in the galaxy, but only if he learned caution and respected the dangers he might face. It was an easy reading, but he wondered if there was more there that he was missing. He rose from his chair and left the funeral parlour without a word to his Mother and Father.

His Grandmother was strong in the force and most of his family’s abilities were inherited from her. But despite her power, she never had the strength to practice her trade out in the world. Her deck was ancient, cards cobbled together from multiple decks. It would be a shame to have its legacy end now. Although his divination powers were significantly weaker, Lewis decided he would give one more week of reading, then he would bury the cards with his Grandmother.

Weeks Later...

It was the Corellian spring festival and Lewis had been given permission to set up a small tent. Charlatans usually adorned their tents with a plethora of trinkets and baubles. Lewis left his empty, save a table with 4 chairs. He placed the deck in the middle and waited for his first guest.

Novin slowly walked on the ground of Corellia, His ship had just landed, He had stopped here for a few big bounties and by big, He meant around a million credits, He grinned at the thought, A million would grant him a future, a good future atleast, He slowly checked his Holo-Communicator talking a few brief word's with Vrac, "Meet up at Coordinates Holocommunicator Coordinates to be exact" Novin said before ending the call.

He and his partner Vrac were sent to retrieve some credit's and do some bounties, They were bounty hunter's, that's what they were suppose to do. His feet slowly crunched in the grass, He slowly looked around, grinning, He had heard a few rumor's about something about cards..He didn't believe it. If it was real, You could make a fortune off of such cards. He slowly walked toward's the tent, Slowly looking around for a line before having a puzzled look on his face, what if he was a scam? He shook off the thought.

Novin slowly lifted up one of the flap's to the tent and walked in seeing a man, and some Card's in the middle of the table, He slowly sat down, "Are you going to charge us about any of these..card readings." Novin asked, He was already getting irritated at the thought. He slowly waited for a response keeping a hand on his blaster.

Vrac Dajok

While dismembering my foes by hand. I always taste
Vrac looked down at his Comms Link, slowly contemplating whether he go to Novin, or stay at the bar. Enjoying his booze with many ladies. He stood up hastily, walking out of the bar and entering his ship taking off to Corellia, As he stepped out of his ship. His plated boots crushed the grass, he began looking side to side trying to find his partner. He noticed the small tent and approached it. Opening up the flap without hesitation. "Novin? Ah! There you are, I was beginning to worry you got sidetracked, who is this man and why is there a stack of... Playing cards?" Vrac lowered his hand. Opening up his holster and gripping the blaster firmly.

Reading for - [member="Novin Jackal"] and [member="Vrac Dajok"]

A tall Mandolorian was his first visitor. He was the typical type of bounty hunter, heavily armoured, keeps his hand on pistol. But looks were decieving. Lewis showed his empty hands to indicate that he wasn't a threat.

"Are you going to charge us about any of these..card readings?"

Lewis blinked in surprise, it hadn't occured to him that he might charge for the reading. His grandmother asked nothing of the few visitors she recieved.

"No, it is free but viewing your future is a hazardous task that-" he broke off as a scarred Chiss pushed open the tent flap.

"Novin? Ah! There you are, I was beginning to worry you got sidetracked, who is this man and why is there a stack of... Playing cards?"

Lewis smiled in what he hoped was a mysterious way. "These are Tarot cards. They allow a person to divine the future, if they have the gift." He shuffled the deck and spread them out in a semi-circle. He then motioned for the two to sit.

When they were settled he pointed to the Mandolorian. "Tell me your name and a little bit about yourself. I'll try to view your future first, then your friend's."

He mentally prepared himself for the task ahead. Using this power would require a great deal of focus and energy. He shuffled the deck once more as he waited for the response.

Losing is tempoary, giving up is permanent.
The Corellia spring festival was a time when she always visited the planet, it was a good place to sell the odd artifact she might have found and buy other stuff from people who didn't know how much their wares where actually worth. But this day seemed different she self a familiar force signature or maybe not familiar but a force signature non the less. interested sh made her way towards the tent still keeping an eye on other stalls as she passed just in case. She came to the tent but didn't enter as she heard a man ([member="Lewis Roth"]) talking about tarot cards to two others ([member="Novin Jackal"]) ([member="Vrac Dajok"]). "hmm seeing the future better then relying of force vision all the time. She waited a bit outside contemplating weather to enter or not with the other men still inside, "i don't want to be rude".

"I'm Novin Jackal, Known Bounty Hunter in the Outer Rim, I have 15 Confirmed bounties on High Senator's and 5 Sith, I'm 28, I have 26 Year's of experience" Novin said. "I'm different then my brothern's I betray the Mandalorian Tradition's for Bounties. Mandalorian blood runs through my veins." Novin said.

He brought hit hand up to the table releasing his grasp on his blaster.

"Tell me your name and a little bit about yourself. I'll try to view your future first, then your friend's." He heard the man say.

"I hope to be a successful Bounty Hunter, I'm only known throughout the Outer rim, I'm here to seek vengeance for my Parent's unjustified death. They were killed by some Sith's, I hunt them down, as a game now." Novin said.

"I'd just like to say, how do we know if these card's work, for all we know you could be lying to us. I'm not a big believer in the force. My buddy is Force Sensitive though, or as he says." Novin said, "We're both partner's we work together after we had a encounter on Coruscant." Novin would say.

Lewis Roth

Waiting outside the tent she heard the situation increase in tension, 'hunting down Sith, hehe sound like a just cause i could get behind though I'm not sure that will fly in this case' she didn't really know [member="Lewis Roth"] but she definitely knew his force signature and though he was indeed a sith he wasn't consumed by the dark side fully, there was some good in him. If he was a proper bounty for the mando ([member="Novin Jackal"]) she would have just stood by, but killing someone just because hes affiliated with the sith, she had to draw the line there. 'okay her goes nothing' She stepped through into the tent pretending not to have heard the conversion "oh sorry am i interrupting something"

Reading for - [member="Novin Jackal"]

"Oh sorry am i interrupting something?"

Lewis turned in his seat to see [member="Sky'ito Yumi"] pushing open the tent flap. "Yes, but it is alright. Have a seat."

He listened as the Bounty Hunter described himself. He ignored the potential threat to Sith and nodded as the Bounty Hunter doubted the validity of the cards. "There is no reason to believe me, save that I can use the force. Naturally you would take what you hear with a grain of salt, but it is up to you whether you believe it."

He took a deep breath and tapped into a deep power that had long lay dorment. He once again arranged the cards in a semi-circle and let the pwoer take over his body. Flashes of colour swam across his vision, the world seemed to spin. He was vaguely aware that he was twitching and trembling. His eyes rolled up into his sockets and he whispers the names of each card over and over. His hand shoots out and flips over 3 cards. With a great shuddering breath, he gasps and breaks off the power.

A bead of sweat travelled down his forehead. The other members of the group stare at him strangely. Well, that was to be expected. He glances down at the 3 upturned cards on the table.

Death.jpg
Justice.jpg
Temperance.jpg

He looked at he first card.

"I think I see. You told me that you seek revenge for for your parents death. The Death card does not necessarily refer to your own death. It could be a death of a companion or the death of those you hunt".

He looked at the next card.

"Ahhh and see here. The when paired with Jusice, the first card represents the death of those you pursue. It shows that you will have your revenge and that your parents will be avenged. It is rare to find the two paired together without this meaning."

He viewed the final card.

"And here is where it gets interesting. You will find the killers you seek and you will have your revenge, but where you go from there is not so clear. Temperance represents a duality of good and evil. From here you may be consumed by Justice, a desire to cleanse the galaxy of evil. Or you will be consumed by Death, a Nihilist with his only urge to watch the galaxy burn."

He leaned back, tired. So this was what his grandmother suffered though each reading. He understood her need for spending time at home and her day-long naps.

"Or maybe you believe none of that, that Lewis Roth is a raving madman with a deck of cards. It matters little to me what you decide."

He gathered the cards and turned to the Chiss ([member="Vrac Dajok"]). "Did you come for a reading? Or are you just here with your friend?".

"I think I see. You told me that you seek revenge for for your parents death. The Death card does not necessarily refer to your own death. It could be a death of a companion or the death of those you hunt".

"Ahhh and see here. The when paired with Jusice, the first card represents the death of those you pursue. It shows that you will have your revenge and that your parents will be avenged. It is rare to find the two paired together without this meaning."

"And here is where it gets interesting. You will find the killers you seek and you will have your revenge, but where you go from there is not so clear. Temperance represents a duality of good and evil. From here you may be consumed by Justice, a desire to cleanse the galaxy of evil. Or you will be consumed by Death, a Nihilist with his only urge to watch the galaxy burn."

Novin nodded taking in the Info, " I believe my friend would like a reading. He's wanted to know his such future." Novin said while chuckling his thought's still swarming in his head before he shook it off.

She watched from a seat to the side as [member="Lewis Roth"] performed the ritual, she had look into tarot cards and how they read the future in her studies while traveling and the way it was conducted seemed to fit her prediction recently well. Though they were more vivid that force visions they provided a more total view of the future, where as vision only show small glimpses of the future which could be misinterpreted these cards did not have the same problem, fingering out what they meant was. She on the other hand was gifted in the area of force visions as as such more detailed force vision came to her when she had them, though a personal reading would be interesting non the less, especially if she got to see other peoples futures. She listened to the future played out for the mando [member="Novin Jackal"], it seemed that he had quite the past with the sith, and his search for justice which intrigue her, he seemed to have a take matters into his own hand, something which she could relate to. She continued to watch from the side eager to see what future reading came about from the Chiss ([member="Vrac Dajok"]). "ahh wait a second" She retired a holo pad from her jacket "just getting some study note for personal research". This was kind of exciting.

Kay-Larr

Sphaera Tea Company Owner
Kay was travelling down a path that she didn't expect. Looking after not just one planet, but six. Five more were interested in coming to the fold. It was her own little Empire, but she had no want of the title of Empress. It was bad enough that others wanted her to take the title of Supreme Chancellor. All that she could think of was the tales of Palpatine and what he had done. To most, she wasn't Force Sensitive at all. It was a closely guarded secret. But if everyone found out, she knew that it wouldn't be a good thing. Fear from the masses would take over, or so she believed. Her husband however, thought otherwise.

Invited to the Corellian Spring Festival by the local government, Kay decided to attend, if not to establish some trade and peace agreements, but for the break it gave her from her daily duties.

With two guards in tow, Kay walked through the festival grounds wearing a spring Commenori-style dress, she made her way through the tents and booths, sampling some of the foods, drinks, and purchasing a few gifts for her staff. One such tent caught her eye as it wasn't decorated like the rest. In fact it wasn't decorated at all. Looking inside, she saw that there was a small group of people there and they seemed to be taking their turn at something. A pile of cards was stacked on the table with a few turned over. The one dealing the cards seemed to have all of their attention.

Fortune telling? Interesting. She's never had her future told before. But it would be curious to find out what a stranger might know. So Kay patiently waited. For something that could divulge sensitive information, she had hoped to hear what was in store privately.

[member="Lewis Roth"] [member="Novin Jackal"] [member="Sky'ito Yumi"]

Tanya enjoyed festivals, as they usually gave her a chance to lighten up, and let her rest. Seeing all the trinkets and parsecs of food being shown for purchase, and the sellers hawking their wares, the young Jedi was intrigued by a single tent, undecorated, with no hawker. She made her way towards the tent, seeing a woman, who, judging by her beautiful outfit and pair of guards, must've been a noble of somesort. Inside she sensed a dark side user, along with a lights idea user, and a few others. Deciding this was worth it, she entered the tent, and stood silently, gathering what she could about this.

Fortune telling. An interesting event. The fortune teller would use tarot cards to look into the person's future. What's more it was free. So, there would be no harm done, even if the guy lied, or could not see into her future. So, she waited as the others got their fortunes told before asking to have hers.

[member="Lady Kay"]
[member="Sky'ito Yumi"]
[member="Novin Jackal"]
[member="Lewis Roth"]

Garlen Zorabos

Supreme Leader of Ord Bostadus
Invited as a guest to the Corellian Spring festival by their government, He decided to attend, Corellian Whiskey, after all was a favorite of Garlen's. As he walked through the busy fair. one tent for whatever reason called to him, a card reading tent. Though not one for Mystics it might be amusing, he and his two accompanying guards went towards the tent. His trench coat slightly dragged on the grass as he went towards the tent.

"You there, BT-7932, grab me some Corellian Whiskey." He said to one of the guards. the guard put his gun on his back and walked away.

He looked at the person in front of him Commenor Nobility. Lady Kay he believed her name to be. The woman wore a beautiful gold dress, something that surely stood out in a crowd like this.

"Lady Kay is it?" Garlen asked the woman. "I'm surprised to see you here without any guards." He said.

[member="Lady Kay"]
[member="Sky'ito Yumi"]
[member="Novin Jackal"]
[member="Lewis Roth"]
[member="Raas Namal"]

Kay-Larr

Kay looked to [member="Tanya Thiran"] as she entered the tent, giving the young woman a polite bow of the head. It seemed that this tent was gathering quite the crowd. At least she wasn't trying to hide herself.

She didn't pay close attention to the readings given to the others. It wasn't her business to pry. Afterall, she wasn't so sure that they would want anyone to be listening in anyways.

A rather loud man stepped in soon after, addressing her by name. Kay raised a brow slightly. Her guards were next to her for [member="Garlen Zorabos"] to see, but not decked out in armour like most would expect. Plain clothes worked better at events like these. "Yes it is. And I'm not without protection, I can assure you." Besides, she could look after herself on most ocassions. It all depends on who she was up against. "And who might you be? I don't believe that we've met before..."

Novin didn't even spare a glance to Lady Kayhttp://starwarsrp.net/user/8140-lady-kay/ He kept a grip on his pistol looking at the people who had came into the tent he slowly sighed.

Novin remembered when he had his future read, still pulling in the such information. He shook his head, he sighed slowly.

He turned to Garlen Zorabos and looked at him before grunting, "Who the hell is she?" Novin said addressing Lady Kay but asking Garlen, "I've never heard of her in my life" Novin said with a slight chuckle, Yes it is. And I'm not without protection, I can assure you." Novin heard from the conversation and grinned under his helmet.

Novin slowly kept a grip on His Westar's before glaring at Lady Kay and talking to her directly "Would you mind explaining who you are?" Novin asked not giving any respect to her just addressing her.

Kay-Larr

Kay looked to [member="Novin Jackal"] as he spoke of having never heard of her before. Good. Popularity everywhere can only bring about bad situations. She looked down at his hand that held onto his pistol. It was funny how some did that, needing the reassurance that they were armed. Was it fear that drove that? She didn't know. Sure she was armed with a small blaster in a holster on her thigh, but she didn't need to let others know that it was there.

She raised a brow, folding her arms across her chest as he nearly demanded to know who she was. Should she go in full detail? Or not? It was hard to say what would put the man at ease, especially as it already seemed like he hated her. "I am Lady Kay, Queen of Commenor and Chancellor to the Commenor Systems Alliance. I wouldn't be surprised if you've never heard of it either." She'd be glad if he didn't. "Now who might you be, sir?"

[member="Garlen Zorabos"]

"I am Lady Kay, Queen of Commenor and Chancellor to the Commenor Systems Alliance. I wouldn't be surprised if you've never heard of it either." She'd be glad if he didn't. "Now who might you be, sir?" Novin listened on chuckling under his helmet taking his hand off his blaster.

"I'm Novin Jackal, I'm Bounty Hunter for the Outer Rim, Full Mandalorian. I'm a skilled Bounty Hunter throughout Coruscant and The Outer Rim, as other contractor's have said." Novin said, "I've heard of the Commenor System. A bit about you" Novin said as he craned his neck, "Its..nice..to meet you" Novin said trying his best to be nice for once.

"I collect bounties and such, And get contract's to protect or kill" Novin said with a light grin painted upon his face. "I come off angry alot because I'm a full bred Mandalorian" Novin said, "Seeing as I am Mandalorian I come off as Aggressive and Cocky" Novin said.

Lady Kay

Kay-Larr

So [member="Novin Jackal"] was a bounty hunter. She was glad that for the moment, she wasn't on the list. At least not that she was aware of, anyways. There had been a few bounties on her head, only one of which was ever cashed in. The others were dropped. As it stands, she was neutral to all the major and minor powers in the Galaxy, and because of that she had no enemies.

Kay raised a brow slightly as he boasted about being a full Mandalorian. That was an odd thing to say. Most just state Mandalorian and that would be that. It made her wonder if he had fought in the Crusades. He certainly seemed the type to do so.

She bowed her head a little. "Good to meet you too. I myself was adopted by Clan Raxis a few years ago, although I am not a practitioner of the Mandalorian culture." Kay was the black sheep, joining the Clan only to protect her world ftom being attacked during the Crusades. It worked. Yet when she was told to go to Mandalore and learn, plus to take up arms in the war, she refused. Fighting in a war on the side of the aggressors was not her way. Thankfully things have calmed down among the Mandalorian leadership. "Commenor is however, one of it's allies."

All the new visitors to [member="Lewis Roth"] and his tent was interesting to say the least, the first visitor she noted was a jedi of sorts that upon coming in obviously noted her and Lewis force abilities. Next was a lady whom she had heard about it her travel, trying to remember her suspicions where cleared up when [member="Garlen Zorabos"] adressed her

Garlen Zorabos said:
"Lady Kay is it?" Garlen asked the woman. "I'm surprised to see you here without any guards." He said.
Though she was staying out of political issues for the time been knowing the planetary and noble leaders of the sectors you wanted to explorer was always a good idea. On the other hand [member="Novin Jackal"] seemed to not have know who she was 'for an acclaimed bounty hunter he sure is lacking in the top politicians department, or maybe he just didnt care' She wasn't one for political banter but decided to make notes about the two, in-addition to the ones about the tator reading' as they talked. Know what there personalities where came in handy in-case she ran into them again at some point.

As the scene unfolded with a bit more tension than was necessary she pulled up a chair an motioned for the jedi ([member="Tanya Thiran"]) to sit next to her. Though herself might not pledge allegiance to any order making friends in them was never a bad idea.

Lewis had rest his eyes for what seemed only a moment, but it must have been longer than he expected. The tent was now full, nobles in fine attire had joined his other guests inside. He rubbed his eyes had steeled himself. He would need to focus to get through this many readings. There was another danger also, thgat arose from doing many readings back-to-back, but he dismissed that worry for now.

Reading for - [member="Sky'ito Yumi"]

He turned to Sky'ito who was taking notes about everything that went on in the tent. "The others seem busy and I'll get to them eventually. Let me read your future now." It wasn't warm in the tent but Lewis' body temperature was through the roof. He was probably slightly febrile after the reading, and it would only get worse. He removed his jacket and placed it on the back of the chair. "I need you to tell me a little about yourself, so I can establish a connection."

He once again spread the cards in a semi-circle and closed his eyes, entering a meditative trance as he listened to Sky-ito's response.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom