Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

You Wanted To Invest? [Ayumi Pallopides]

| [member="Ayumi Pallopides"] |

Presumably, Ayumi had done her research on Chandrila DataTech before deciding to invest in the Tier Two company. After all, that was what any skilled businesswoman did on the prospect of putting their hard earned cash into a project such as the one being nurtured and developed in Hanna City. Founded by another businesswoman by the name of Alicia Drey, DataTech was a technological company that had just released three new products: the Lenoi I, a new top of the range datapad; the Raxor I, a new top of the range commlink; and the Core I, a new top of the range computer. Chandrila DataTech was also the developer of the Chon and the online store that came free with the aforementioned products or were available to buy and download on other datapads, commlinks or computers. Native to Chandrila, Alicia had lived in Hanna City all her life, according to her records; and had graduated from the Hanna City university at the top of her class in hardware and software development.

But that was just the tip of a very large ice berg. Unknowingly, Alicia Drey was Darth Ayra, the one time hidden Dark Chancellor of the recently defunct New Order in the outer rim; and the secret investor and contact in the Coruscant Liberation Front founded by [member="Solan Charr"], who was rumored among the rebellious curs to have ties to the One Sith they sought to usurp.

Due to this, Ayra knew who Ayumi Pallopides was and in a way, her possible business partner didn't have a clue to who Alicia Drey really was. The chosen location for their meeting would be Sojourn.

Alicia stood at one of the spires of the building that overlooked the moon's vast forests. The building itself was empty, save for the servants that worked there. The majority of them were students from the same university she had attended as an adolescent teenager, who were gaining some work experience during their holidays. Others were more permanent residents that came from all across the galaxy, who were looking to find a nice, quiet life. Alicia provided that bliss in return for their service and credits. All parties were happy with their arrangements.

It would not be one of the servants waiting for Ayumi when she arrived at the fort. Serj Sularis would be the one to guide Ayumi into the fort to meet with her contact. Turning away from the spire, the Sith Lord undressed from the dark garments she wore and into plain, yet sophisticated clothes.

Ayumi Pallopides

Heir to the Emperor, Former Senator of Denon
[member="Alicia Drey"]

Ayumi was interested in the investment for several reasons... one being because she too helped the Coruscant liberation front and a stream of credits could make sure they were able to resist the One Sith. At least on the surface in truth she didn't expect them to do or make much of a difference aside from being a gnat but they served a purpose. Her station on Mayferria as senator was well known and that she operated in the Navy, in the covert ops division little or that she worked to develop their equipment. The tube like bracers around her wrists for protection while she found her guide and followed with interest. "It is a lovely place."

"I like to think so," replied the Muun, bowing it's head. "Ayumi Pallopides, allow me to introduce myself. My name is Serj Sularis. I am a representative of the InterGalactic Banking Clan who has also invested in Chandrila DataTech. We've taken a keen interest in Chandrila and it's economy. We view Alicia Drey's company as a platform for our own ventures on her homeworld. Come, she is this way."

They ascended the flight of stairs led up into the fortress doors. They were opened by two teenaged boys who had taken the liberty to follow Serj outside to assist him. He paid no attention to the boys as they opened the doors for him and Ayumi. He spoke as they traveled along the hallway to another pair of doors at the end. "Alicia tells me that Sojourn has ties to Muunilinst, deep within it's past. I am not a historical man, so I do not care for it. But I respect her choice in Sojourn as a place to do business. Chandrila and by extension, Hanna City, can be a very busy place to conduct business. It's quiet here, allowing the perfect setting to sit down and make some profit. Wouldn't you agree?"

Another pair of servants, this time adults, were waiting at the doors. They too opened them for Serj and Ayumi to step through and this time, the Muun nodded his head curtly to them both. It became obvious then that he had respect for those of age, rather than the children of before. Typical Muun like behavior.

Sat at table was Alicia Drey. Her hands were folded over one another and she found herself confined in a throne like seat at the end. The table itself was long, but three other seats had been positioned near Alicia, where various papers, a Lenoi I and a Core I were found to be placed. "Welcome to Sojourn, Miss Pallopides." She lifted a hand to a chair. "Please, take a seat."

Ayumi Pallopides

[member="Alicia Drey"]

"Profit is always a good thing to make friends with." She continued to follow and take in all the sight but also from experience with some meetings... Mostly bounty hunters or mercenaries.... Look for exits. Paranoia could be healthy most of the time. She kept looking out though and observed as much as she could with a small enjoyable smile on her lips before entering the room. Taking in the sight of the woman. She looked to the seats around her and sat in one making sure her hair was back in a tight ponytail before her hands rested on the table. "Thank you for having me."

"We're welcome to have you here." Alicia smiled, before it faltered and returned to it's normal, sombre expression. "I've read our my notes before you came here. I have some questions. You've already told me you're genuinely interested in invested and becoming apart of DataTech, by coming here and facing me in person. That's impressive."

"But what reasons do you have for investing? Why the interest?"

Ayumi Pallopides

[member="Alicia Drey"]

I good question and Ayumi had a smile on her face while she sat there playing for a moment with the idea of either lying, stretching the truth or being honest. "Well there is credits to be made and I like credits they buy many pretty things like ships, guns and mercenaries that I can smuggle onto Coruscant and aid rebels. See I had a beautiful apartment there for when I visited from Mayferria and I want it back, I hate the sith so I want it back with the Republic. Investing in a company that makes products the galaxy uses promies credits. Credits get me my place back with all my stuff."

"You wish to use the profits DataTech make to fund rebels on Coruscant?" Alicia leaned back in her seat with a concerned, yet curious look on her face. Half of it was disbelief as well. What a very bold, powerful opening statement that was.

Ayumi Pallopides

[member="Alicia Drey"]

"I wish to use the profits made to get my home back yes. It is not good business to leve loose ends and i had plenty of sensitive documents in my house, now it is in the siths hands and I do not want it to be there any longer then it had to. When the Republic gets the chance to go at the Sith on Coruscant we shall have a great value from rebels undermining them."

Alicia thought over it. On the one hand it would damage the reputation of her company, as well as provoke the wrath of the One Sith, if it became apparent that one of the shareholders of Chandrila DataTech was assisting a rebellion on Coruscant. Of course, DataTech might receive praise from the allies that were the Republic, Protectorate etc for assisting in such a thing, but that would be taking a side.

However, gaining such prestige, if it was to ever get out, might be a good thing; and her objective as Darth Ayra was to hurt the One Sith. Helping to take Coruscant away from them would be part of that; and now Ayumi had presented herself as the perfect scapegoat. "It wasn't me who was funding the rebels, it was Ayumi Pallopides," Alicia thought.

She smiled. "I think that is a very noble thing to do Ayumi, now that I've thought over it." Alicia paused, allowing her words to set in and to give herself a moment to choose her next carefully. "I think the Sith are a very gracious threat to the sovereignty of this galaxy." Oh the irony. "That being said, this potentially poses as a risk and thus harms the company if it was exposed. It might draw the attention of the Sith to Chandrila, which would be unacceptable."

"How do you suggest you do this without exposing risk to the company, Ayumi?"

Ayumi Pallopides

[member="Alicia Drey"]

"The same way I have been doing it so far. My government bought several large mining vessels, they make scheduled drops to several worlds in the core and Coruscant. With the ships comes at times supplies. All paperwork about it is through the planet and the people of Mayferria are very secretive in business terms, plenty of secret groups in the government that will gladly take the credit if Coruscant is liberated or use the infamy of being foundd out to try and push their cause forward. Religious sealots and cults are great like that."

"I see. It is imperative that this does not lead back to DataTech, Ayumi. While I am all for the end of the Sith threat on Coruscant and across the galaxy, I do not want my world and by extension my company to feel their wrath. I hope you can understand that."

"This rebellion. What more can you tell me about it?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom