Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

You Have Been the One

Peace begins with a smile.
Beggar's Canyon
Tattooine
Knight Vullen, it suits you.

Kaia turned the hilt between her fingers, a simple cylindrical design. How many years had it been? How long had the war been waged in her absence? The watcher on the wall; the candle in the dark; purple eyes scanning the horizon with mercy and vigil in balance. How did she know they were purple?

Wind tugged on the roughspun outer cloak draped around the diminutive Miraluka's form, bringing a chill through the darkened stone alcove in which she sat. Gran- her master, [member="Corvus Raaf"] had once brought her there on a spiritual quest. With her eyeless sight, Kaia peered back into the memories. With a deep exhale, she let the words envelop her mind like a fog.

She could remember the day when, nervously, she had approached the Grand Master, thinking 'what had driven her to such madness? Asking to be tutored by the Grand Master herself?' Yet, there she was.

Let your instincts guide you.
"Why did you go?"
Believe and it will happen.
"Master, I am lost. Show me- Show me.. Please"

Kaia bit her lip, trying to hold on to the moment as it floated past. She should have known better; Corvus taught her to be better. In holding, she lost the thread. The sensation she had chased dissipated between her fingers and the vision passed. A moment of silence, and Kaia peered through the rock with her penetrating sight, gazing upon the twin suns of a barren planet.

"Desolate some say. Home, say others."

Her smile returned to her once more as she stepped out into the heat of the blazing suns. She pulled the hood further over her head to shield her skin from the light. Sand crunched beneath her feet as she trailed down along the canyon to the home, desolate, abandoned - Recently visited.

One day, I plan to raise dewbacks and eopies here.

Dewbacks and eopies; blue milk in the morning - If only she could have walked into that dream right now, and see the purple-eyed master - sun-wrinkled and hunched or shining bright like an ageless beacon - herding beasts on a sandy rock both significant and shunned. The withered dome came into sight and her jaw dropped a little at the damage it had sustained. Yet, she pressed on. Jawas and tusken raiders patrolled these parts, Corvus had once said.

Kaia passed under the archway, pushing aside the door with a gentle hand and striding with careful steps into the centre. She saw the ghosts of what had been, and turned her eyeless sight on the mural of corellia. It was cracking and flaking in the heat.
"My mas-" no "My friend; wherever you are, I hope you are in peace. We who remain will guard the Jedi, as you did before us. Thank you."

She ran a hand over the surface of the mural, feeling the stone crack beneath her brushing fingers. Her lips thinned and brows creased. The fabric clinging to her eye-sockets would be wet if she had tear-canals. Miraluka do not cry, but they felt sadness, remorse, and guilt like all others.

"I will be the Jedi you believed me to be." Her hand balled into a fist as her lips clamped together "Just help me see the path."

The arm lost its strength and fell to her side as her head bowed forward. Her breath quaked. There is no emotion, there is peace. It does not mean we do not feel, we know our feelings and we act beside them. The smile returned once more, shaking a little at the corner of her mouth.

"I still have much to learn, don't I?."
I know you will do well.
Fin.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom