Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

You Gotta Know When to Hold'em

KitKat

Tatooine - Kenny Rodgers Cantina

They all had holographic cards in their hands. Bandit was doing the math. Counting wasn't exactly legal but it wasn't illegal either and besides, a winner was a winner. Didn't matter how you got there.

There were several beings at the table. They were involved in some sort of game. Bandit had picked up the rules pretty quickly. The Wookie across the table was ahead at the moment, but Bandit had a good hand.

"Are we gonna jerk off or are we going to play cards?"

The Wookie howled.

"What do you mean watch my mouth in front of dames? I don't see no dames."

The Wookie howled again and Bandits face made a comical "o."

"Oh... well... REALLY? I mean... how can you tell?" He eyed the Wookie. "It's just all fur with you people. I mean put a dress on or something would ya?"

Nej spotted the game across the cantina- he had to get involved. Loved to play cards. Loved to gamble.

But also loved to win money.

He sat down at the table next to the wookie and smiled sheepishly.

"Deal me in."

He stared at the furry little creature across from him.

[member="Bandit Six"]

KitKat

"Finally. Some action."

The Wookie dealt the cards as the human male sat down. Everyone started to shuffle their cards, and throw a few down so they could get a few more from the deck. Like any game it was more about the talk, drinking and bluffs than the actual game.

"So new guy. What do you do for a living?" The Wookie howled. "I just asked him!" Bandit rolled his eyes. He needed new pals.

[member="Nej Tane"]

"Whole lotta of nothin' lately."

Nej liked to lie. It came as easy as breathing, really. Nej dealt his hand. It was a decent hand, but his bluff what was going to win the game.

He took a sip of his foul brown liquor.

"Used to be on a crew."

[member="Bandit Six"]

KitKat

“Didn’t I see you in a shock boxing match? Some guy beat the durasteel out of you. Could really take a hit. “

Of course it could have been somebody else. Bandit hadn’t been able to recognize faces until he was enhanced.

“I raise.” He three more credits into the pile.

[member="Nej Tane"]

KitKat

---- Moving Things Along ------

After the game had finished Bandit helped himself to the bar. He was munching down the salty snacks they offered, using both hands to stuff his face and gnaw through peanut shells like a pro.

"Can you turn the race on? I've got some money on the swoops."

[member="Bandit Six"] [member="Nej Tane"]

Alas swoop racing. Something the Jast family was famous for in the outer rim. If you counted running a swoop bike gang turned Cartel you could tag that lil bit on there too. But he wasn't here to swoop race, or talk about the bs of the day. It was a quick stop off, a refuel before a longer series of jumps. They were headed into ORC space, and drake just happened to be a thirsty dog.

"Well then, what swoops you bet on bud?" He asked, glancing sideways and then slamming his drink.
Might make a bit of scratch of this....

He set the rusty cup down and waved to the Bith behind the counter.

"Another please, if you'd be so kind sir."

KitKat

“The rookie Blit. I’m a softie for an underdog.” He chuckled and started licking his fingers before brushing the crumbs off his face.

“You follow the races at all? I like them better than the pods. More can happen. “

[member="Drake Jast"]

KitKat

"You're on. Who are you rooting for?"

Bandit did indeed have weapons on him. Everybody in the place did. It wasn't exactly a friendly place, though people tended to leave you alone if you minded your own.

[member="Drake Jast"]

[member="Bandit Six"]

He didn't seem an extreme threat. Just rather hot headed and full of tempered aggression. Still that was what he liked to see, and began to think about adding the little rascal to his growing network of part time crewmates.

"I'll bet on Ves Carboro. Great racer her, runs with Vulkars last I checked. Also do you like credits and would you like a job?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom