Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Vehicle Yazgid IFV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tegaea Alcori

Back to Square One
Yazgid IFV

AIA_Hover_APC_by_ikarus_tm_-_Copy.jpg

Image Source: Here.

Intent: To create a fast, resilient, reliable transport for Firemane and their customers. This transport will be able to carry troops into action safely, using its repulsorlifts to move around most obstacles. It has some strong weapons, but not enough to trouble main battle tanks. Its armour can resist all but the strongest infantry weapons, but not tanks. In short, it is a perfect IFV, using speed to deliver troops into action with enough bite to protect them from most danger.

Development Thread[SIZE=11pt]: From the Ice Inside Your Soul. [/SIZE] 10 posts. The APC is used against the Xioquo by the Angelii.

Manufacturer: Firemane Industries and Technology

Model: YA-IT-01

Affiliation: Tygaran Alliance, Open Market. | Firemane Industries & Technology & closed market to approved buyers only.

Modularity: No.

Production: Mass-Produced

Material: Durasteel shell with alusteel plating.

Role: Infantry Fighting Vehicle

Height: 3 metres

Length: 7 metres

Width: 3.5 metres
Weight: 25 tonnes

Minimum Crew: 2; driver, gunner.

Optimal Crew: 4; commander, driver, gunner, communications/navigation

Propulsion: Repulsorlift

Top Speed: 300km/h.

Armaments:
Squadron Count: Depending on company size, this is usually 12, but can vary from 8 to 15 depending on unit size.

Passenger Capacity: 10.

Cargo Capacity: 150kg

Misc. Equipment:
  • CD-X-Encryption Key.
  • 360 degree cameras with low-light, IR and regular vision modes.
  • Front facing sensors to detect mines or other concealed traps; can only be used at slow speed.
  • Hardened and armoured underneath both to prevent the speed flipping the vehicle, but also to resist mines or attacks from below.

Strengths:
  • Speed. The Yazgid is very fast and agile, far quicker than any wheeled vehicle.
  • Support. With Rotary Shatter Cannon and assault launchers, the Yazgid can lay down a withering barrage which can cut infantry and light vehicles to pieces. This gives the infantry the best possible chance of surviving. Alternatively a turret laser cannon can give stronger support against light vehicles and positions.
  • Well Protected. With good armour, the Yazgid can resist all but the most special infantry weapons and its speed makes it difficult to target with conventional rounds in open areas.
Weaknesses:
  • Not All Terrain. Though it can move over water, rubble and other difficult ground, the Yazgid cannot go everywhere. Very rocky slopes, dense forest and lava cannot easily be traversed.
  • Not A Tank. Against a tank’s main weapon the Yazgid’s armour is just not sufficient. Its one-shot anti-tank missile is its only real defence against them.
  • Air Strike. The Yazgid has only limited defence against air attack, limited to a scrambler and a chaff launcher along with a single shot missile.

Description:
In war it has always been the case that even the best infantry are useless unless they can get to the frontline. Firemane’s existing APCs and IFVs were antiquated and lacked both speed and protection for the troops inside.

Therefore, learning lessons from fighting on Ruusan and on Tygara, a new design was proposed. Named after the fierce Yazgid mount used by the Tygaran natives, this vehicle would be fast, agile and able to carry ten fully armed soldiers into battle.

Conventional wheeled transports have been restricted to roads and reasonably flat terrain. However, due to a large variety in terrain for battlefields it was decided that repulsorlift transports were desirable. Such hover vehicles were much faster and better at traversing difficult terrain including water, mud and rubble.

To protect the vehicle heavy armour was added to make it almost immune to infantry and light vehicle weapons. This is combined with reinforcement beneath and ground scanners to try and detect mines and other traps – though this scanning only works at speeds less than 10km/h.

For armament, the Yazgid is well armed for its role. Featuring either a rotary shattercannon or a laser cannon, it is very effective against infantry or light vehicles. The addition of Striker autolaunchers allows it to lay down a barrage of fire on any threats. The passengers may also fire out of ports in the side as well, with enough ports for everyone to shoot, though this is rarely needed of course.
For added punch the Yazgid carries a guided concussion missile launcher which can damage even tanks or be used against aircraft. It also has flares and the Strikers can launch smoke to protect against air attacks.

Though well-armed and armoured the Yazgid is no match for a main battle tank in combat. Though its missile might do some damage its main weapon is completely ineffective against them. Further, if the Yazgid’s speed and agility fail it, it cannot survive a heavy weapon’s firepower.

Due to a deal Firemane made with Corellia Digital, the vehicle has potent encryption systems, which boosts communications security. The vehicle can be crewed by just a drive and a gunner, though ideal functionality requires a crew of four composed of commander, driver, gunner and navigator.

The Yazgid was first tested by the Eldorai's Angelii, an elite unit of Force-using soldiers, in a skirmish with the Xioquo, commonly referred to as drows, when they came to the aid of an ambushed convoy. The Yazgid was able to ferry them to the ambush site in a timely manner. Although it was destroyed eventually, it was a potent fire support platform when the Angelii engaged Xioquo sorceresses and Sithspawn-like beasts.

Overall, as a means of getting troops safely to the battlefield, the Yazgid gives them the best possible chance of surviving.

Primary Source: N/A. Some contributions in the description from [member="Siobhan Kerrigan"].

OG Section:

Affiliation: Firemane, Tygaran Alliance, Open Market.

New Section:

Affiliation: Tygaran Alliance, Open Market. | Firemane Industries & Technology & closed market to approved buyers only.

RESEARCH REVIEW
-----
Star Wars Canon:
Pending initial review
------
Starwars Chaos:
Pending initial review
------
WITHOUT DEV THREADS
Pending initial review
------
WITH DEV THREADS
Pending Initial review
------
SUGGESTIONS
Pending Inital review

Hi [member="Tegaea Alcori"]! I will be reviewing this submission.

Tegaea Alcori said:
Development Thread:
  • Please list the thread name in its' full form. [X] and here are no longer permissible in the factory.

Tegaea Alcori said:
Production: Mass-Produced

Tegaea Alcori said:
Top Speed: 350km/h.
An APC that is capable of traveling as fast as a speeder bike is already teetering on the edge of what I'm comfortable passing, but with 10 posts of dev, drop this to limited. Alternatively, keep it at Mass-Produced and reduce the speed to 250km/h. Even at 250 it's faster than every tank and APC I've seen thus far. If you have examples of others however I'm open to review them in comparison. Otherwise, those are my suggestions.

Tegaea Alcori

Back to Square One
[member="Jamie Pyne"]
Edit made to dev thread name.

Regarding APCs, I chose 350km/h because that was the speed of several APCs and tanks I'd seen.

Examples:

But look, I'm not too worried one way or the other. 250km/h or 350km/h is monumentally fast and would rarely be used in anything but the flattest and most open terrain. Whatever way you want me to go which keeps it mass production is fine.

[member="Tegaea Alcori"]

That first APC you linked makes me cry looking at it. The second one, while I still don't agree entirely with it, is minor production. Both however are from 2014 and I don't see anything more recent that fits the bill. Neither have development threads either. The fact of the matter is that the precedent has been set despite the fact that I severely disagree with both of those submissions.

If you can drop it to 330 I'll let it go. That will at least let me sleep at night.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom