Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Starship Yavin-Class Fighter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Star_Wars_image_reference_Starfighter_trek_road_Warrior_travis_manowar_starship_sci_Fi_fantasy_imperial_Rogue_Squadron_Force_unleashed_concept_digital_art_8_Coffey_5.jpg

Image Source:
Affiliation: Open Market
Manufacturer: MandalTech
Model: Yavin-Class
Modularity: Yes
Production: Mass Produced
Material: Durasteel, Duraplast, Plasteel, transparisteel
Classification: Interceptor
Length: 2 Meters
Height: 10 meters
Width: 2.9 meters

Armament:
2 concussion missile tubes (seeker warheads 2 each)
2 double laser cannons (fire-linked)

Squadron Count: 12 fighters
Attack Wing: 6 squadrons

Special Features:
Vertical or horizontal wing configuration
Standard sensor array
Standard communications
Ray sheilding
Particle shielding
Short range comm jamming
Astromech slot or on board astromech option(M1-series astromech default)
Solar Ion collectors
Multiple Maneuvering Jets
Target lock warning system
Military Grade Targetting Computer
Solar Ionization Reactor

Maneuverability Rating: 1 vertical wing configuration, 2 horizontal
Speed Rating: 2 vertical, 1 horizontal
Hyperdrive Class: 2

Strengths:
High maneuverability (180 degree turns in vertical mode) and speed
Well armed for an interceptor
Weaknesses:
Missile guidence relies on keeping the target in the forward fire-arc.
Lasers and Shields run on the same generator and are suceptable to Overload do to poor energy managment or multiple Ion cannon hits.

Description:
The Yavin class is the product of a desire to create a highly maneuverable interceptor that can still combat larger fighters that it intercepts. The Rotating S-foils are a nod to older Mandalorian designs produced by MandalMotors in the distant past. Due to the relatively high isolation of the Mandalorians during the gulag plague a vast majority of history and designs were preserved through the dark times. Designs like the Starviper-class attack platform were considered during development phases of the project.

The key feature of the Yavin class is the ability of the ship to make speedy 180 degree turns by fully rotating the cockpit. This however is a risky maneuver as it engines have to be breifly throttled down and re-accelerated, during which time a target lock can be gained more easily. A well trained pilot could gain the same superior maneuverability with two well timed 90 degree turns with less chance of target lock.

Another feature is the use of seeker concussion missiles that lock onto the enemy ships. The lock does not work on most stealth technology but does not rely on visual tracking from the warhead. This means a cloaked ship without sensor bafflers can still be hit. However, a drawback is the missiles rely on the fighter's targeting computer for guidence. If the missile goes out of sensor range or if the pilot loses line of sight on the target the missile will revert to normal flight and simply go straight.

Another drawback is the vulnerability of the ship to ion weaponry. Heavy ion damage can overload the shields and weapons simultaneously leaving the ship heavily vulnerable. However, the solar ion collectors in the s-foils can recharge still functioning generators, but not if heavily damaged.

Cargo Capacity: 4kg
Passengers: 0
Consumables: 2 weeks emergency rations
Crew: 1
Development Thread: http://starwarsrp.net/topic/41200-pitch-and-yaw-fighter-testing/
Who Can Use This: Anyone

[member="Ordo"]

Alright due to the heavy armament and high speed of this vessel I'm going to likely request a dev thread since most interceptors typically only have 2 laser cannons and this has the equivalent of 4.

[member="Camellia Swift"]

Dev thread added. 15 post currently and will likely continue until people get bored. Feel free to judge it as is and if you find it lacking I'll continue as long as needed.

[member="Ordo"]

After thinking it over, I'd like the thread to be closer to finished before I give a final call. I can see you have put in work and have gotten the length, but since the concept of the thread isn't finished I'd like to know that it will indeed be a finished thread first.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom