Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Starship XS Stock Light Freighter

Status
Not open for further replies.
lC6m2T5.png

Image Source:
Source: http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/XS_stock_light_freighter?file=XS_stock_light_freighter.png - edited in photoshop, stole the cannons from http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Ghost?file=Ghost.png

Affiliation:
Personal
Manufacturer:
Corellian Engineering Corporation
Model:
Light Freighter
Modularity:
No
Production:
Unique
Material:
Alusteel hull, Corellian Bloodsteel plating, Transparisteel viewports
Classification:
Cargo Corvette
Length:
88 meters
Height:
27 meters
Width:
101 meters

Armament Rating:

Special Features:
It's equipped with three Taim & Bak MS-2B twin laser cannons, two heavy nose laser cannons and 4 proton launchers (Each carrying 4 torpedoes) It has a Arkanian hyperdrive, modified sensor computer and modified engines. The ships armour has also been improved along with slightly better shielding. The boarding room has illegal self-defense weapons in case of boarding. These can be activated from the cockpit.

Maneuverability Rating:

Speed Rating:

Hyperdrive Class:

Strengths:
  • Hard to Board - The ships doors has been reinforced and are almost impossible to open by conventional means.
  • 230 degrees defense - With three cannons that can shoot in almost all directions. This makes it for fighters to come close without taking heavy fire.
Weaknesses:
  • Turrets are very vulnerable to bombs - The turrets has transparent domes, if these are hit directly by bombs they take a lot of damage.
  • Out of Crew! - The ship requires 5 crew members, for all weapons to be operative, with only 2 crew only the frontal cannons are operative.
Description:
The ship started out as smugglers ship, but was almost destroyed in combat. After this it was bought by a crew of mercenaries and was repaired and heavily modified for better defense and attack. It has room for up to 8 crew and a captain. The cargobay is quite large and has room for up to (I can't find info for how much it can carry). However, there's many hidden compartments around the ship where persons and cargo can hide in case of boarding or inspection. The crew of the ship lives on the ship and it even has a training room and recreational lounge. It was most recently repossed by Jun Nez and was kept in the shape he got it in, except for modification of passcodes and computer codes. The ship is also equipped with an escape pod.

ciqZiK0.png

Source:
http://oriet.deviantart.com/art/Corellian-XS-Light-Freighter-44-m-Deckplan-494483956 - photoshopped text onto.
Development Thread:
N/A
Intent:
I want to use this as my personal ship for exploration, thieving, adventuring and murdering.
Who Can Use This:
The ship is personal and uniquely modified, so the only way somebody not me can use it, is if they lend it or steal it.
Primary Source:
N/A

Comment:
I have no idea how this works and I would like help filling out the stuff I haven't. If I'm entirely out of proportions with anything please guide me.

RESEARCH REVIEW

Star Wars Canon:
Pending initial review

Starwars Chaos:
Pending initial review

WITHOUT DEV THREADS
Pending initial review

WITH DEV THREADS
Pending Initial review

SUGGESTIONS
Pending Inital review

[member="JuNNeZ"]

First off, Welcome to SW Chaos and welcome to the Factory. I approve of your taste in internet spaceships. Though, the XS Light Freighter is a bit of an odd duck. It's 2x to 3x as large as most other light freighters and falls into the category of Corvette class ships for our starship guide. That shouldn't be an issue though. For the Classification part of the submission, you can put Cargo Corvette or Light Freighter. Either would be appropriate.

Ok. One of the first things I need to do is ask about the main image. Did you photoshop the turbolaser turrets (and wording) onto the image yourself, or did you find it somewhere? Whichever the answer is, I need you to include that information in the Image Source part of the submission.

A quick terminology lesson... here, we refer to a "battery" as a cluster of four guns or turrets. A barbette (as in "Octuple Barbette Turbolaser") is a "protective circular armor mounting for a cannon or heavy artillery gun." (wikipedia). I think that what you intended for your ship would be a little clearer with "three Taim & Bak MS-2B twin laser cannon turrets". Otherwise, the weapons you have selected for this craft are perfectly in line with what we consider acceptable here. It would be considered a light armament if it were a dedicated warship, but it is perfectly fine for a civilian ship. However, I do need you to make a small edit. Can you please change it from "4 proton torpedoes" to "4 proton torpedo launchers" and then specify a specific ammo capacity for each launcher? Typically, it is anywhere between 4 and 12 missiles/torpedoes per launcher. Starfighters are typically limited to 4 or 6 missiles per launcher, where a capital ship is usually limited to 8, 10, or 12.

f31b3248-e50f-4f26-9cea-ca8f9a2c8aa2_zps5e770d7d.png

An appropriate speed and maneuverability for this submission would be somewhere between 5 and 8.

A class 3 Hyperdrive is fine for this submission. Class 1-2 are good for military ships and anything in the 0.4 to 1 range is reserved for ships using special hyperdrive engines. Typically, a writer would need to do a 10 post development thread if he wanted a speed 0.5 hyperdrive, or would need to purchase a special engine from the Marketplace. The Marketplace is where people sell and trade the neat toys they've made in the Factory to other writers/characters. For this submission, anything between class 3 and 1 would be fine.

Production is related to the number of copies you wish for there to be of this submission. If you, say, ran a Tier 3 Starship Manufacturing company and wanted to produce this ship as Mass Production levels for sale or trade to other writers, then mass production would be appropriate. But I think that you are just wanting to submit this as a unique starship personally owned by your character. In which case, you should change the Production level to Unique. That is also beneficial because it allows you to get away with a few more shiny bits and pieces than you would otherwise be able to do without a development thread, and it also allows you to submit submission update requests as you add on new and shinier parts to this ship as you roleplay your character.

Material is, obviously, the construction material the starship is made out of. There are plenty of choices to choose from, but the most common and basic construction materials are simply Durasteel or Alusteel for the frame and hull and Glasteel or Transparisteel for the windows. Personally, I'd suggest using Corellian Bloodsteel, since this ship is of a Corellian design. (apparently someone blew up Corellia)

If you have any further questions, feel free to ask. And please tag me when you're finished updating the submission based on the above information.

[member="JuNNeZ"]

JuNNeZ said:
Strengths:
  • Hard to Board - The ships doors has been reinforced and are almost impossible to open by conventional means.
  • 230 degrees defense - With three cannons that can shoot in almost all directions. This makes it for fighters to come close without taking heavy fire.
(Provide, in list format, a minimum of 1 strength of this submission.)
Weaknesses:
  • Turrets are very vulnerable to bombs - The turrets has transparent domes, if these are hit directly by bombs they take a lot of damage.
  • Out of Crew! - The ship requires 5 crew members, for all weapons to be operative, with only 2 crew only the frontal cannons are operative.
(Provide, in list format, a minimum of 1 weaknesses of this submission.)
Please remove the "provide, in list format, a minimum of 1- exc, exc" from the submission, and you'll be good to go.

Edit:

Oh! And add the word "Rating" to the Armament area. ("Armament Rating: 10")

War Hydra said:
[member="JuNNeZ"]

Please remove the "provide, in list format, a minimum of 1- exc, exc" from the submission, and you'll be good to go.

Edit:

Oh! And add the word "Rating" to the Armament area. ("Armament Rating: 10")
Done [member="War Hydra"]

[member="JuNNeZ"]

JuNNeZ said:
Done [member="War Hydra"]
Almost.

JuNNeZ said:
Armament:

Special Features:
It's equipped with three Taim & Bak MS-2B twin laser cannons, two heavy nose laser cannons and 4 proton launchers (Each carrying 4 torpedoes) It has a Arkanian hyperdrive, modified sensor computer and modified engines. The ships armour has also been improved along with slightly better shielding. The boarding room has illegal self-defense weapons in case of boarding. These can be activated from the cockpit.

Can you change this so it says-

Armament Rating:

[member="JuNNeZ"]

Only one thing I see. Speed and Maneuverability are suggested to be 7ish for a vessel of this size. I would like you to up them to that.
In exchange, this vessel is fairly under-powered, Armament 12-14 would be acceptable.

JuNNeZ said:
two heavy nose laser cannons
These can be exchanged for Two Turbolasers to account for the difference

Alternatively you could do a 10 Post dev thread and achieve Speed 6 in addition to the armament increase.

Draco Vereen said:
[member="JuNNeZ"]

Only one thing I see. Speed and Maneuverability are suggested to be 7ish for a vessel of this size. I would like you to up them to that.
In exchange, this vessel is fairly under-powered, Armament 12-14 would be acceptable.

These can be exchanged for Two Turbolasers to account for the difference

Alternatively you could do a 10 Post dev thread and achieve Speed 6 in addition to the armament increase.
[member="Draco Vereen"]
Changed it to 7 and upped the armament rating along with the frontal lasers. I might upgrade the rest later in a dev thread to make it more awesome, but for now I just want to start RP'ing :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom