Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Starship XQ4-A Platform

Status
Not open for further replies.

Popo

I'm Sexy and I Know It
Affiliation: Tenloss Corporation, Open Market
Manufacturer: Tenloss Corporation
Model: XQ4-A Platform
Modularity: Yes, the ships that can dock can vary in size, though anything larger than a Corvette cannot dock at this station. Also, the ship can be connected at the base of the spire to the base of the XQ4-B's spire to create a 900x900x900m station that can handle both small craft and larger ships as a waypoint or transportation hub. The XQ4-A is, however, sold and operated as a stand-alone station.
Production: Minor
Material: Alusteel, Durasteel, and other space station construction components
Classification: Transportation/Customs hub, "Rest" station, Planet-to-Orbit relay point, etc.

Length: 900m
Width: 900m
Height: 900m

Armament:
  • 30 Mass Driver cannons
  • 30 Quad Laser batteries

Hangar:
  • Hangar space for 96-144 individual ships between starfighter and light freighter size
  • External docking sections to allow between 6-12 individual ships between large freighter and corvette size

Special Features:
  • Refueling stations on board ship
  • External docking stations for large freighters/corvettes
  • "Rest area" consisting of restaurants, sleeping areas, shops, etc.
  • Communications Array
  • Encryption Network
  • Escape Pods
  • Holonet Transceiver
  • Standard Shield Generator
  • Standard Detention Cells
  • Standard Life Support Systems
  • Standard Navigational Systems
  • Standard Sensor Array
  • Standard Targeting Systems
  • Tractor Beams
(Unless otherwise noted, 'Standard' denotes the civilian standard, not military standard)

Maneuverability: 17
Hyperdrive Class: None, though the ship can be installed with a temporary Class 10 Hyperdrive in order to have it delivered on site. After delivery, the hyperdrive is removed, but can be later reinstalled to place the station at a different location.

Strengths:
  • Large capacity for personnel, guests, and ships
  • Refueling capabilities
  • Capable of housing personal ships and docking corvettes
  • Can connect to the XQ4-B platform to create a 900x900x900m platform capable acting as a trading and transportation hub for both small and large ships.
Weaknesses:
  • Civilian station means that armor is a secondary, or tertiary, thought
  • The weapons are simple and very, very basic
  • The station is fragile as it does not have the same reinforcement structure a military station would have

Description:

With galactic travel on the rise and the need for more waypoints and general rest stations becoming more and more apparent, Tenloss decided to capitalize on the gap.

The XQ4-A Platform is half of the solution to the problem. Capable of housing a large amount of personal ships within its hangar and a fair number of corvettes via external docking ports, the XQ4-A is perfect for acting as a transportation hub and rest area. The station features a rest area for passengers and pilots alike as well as restaurants, shops, refueling centers, and other such locations. The station is only nine hundred meters at the longest point, but most of the internal space is given over to hangar space and rest/retail areas.

The main ability the station has is that it can connect and attach to its twin, the XQ4-B, to form a major transportation hub. The two stations connected make a double ended barbell-esque facility capable of acting as a larger waypoint station for both small and large ships. The connection must be done by specially trained crews with the assistance of tractor beams and takes at least a day to complete safely. Disconnection takes about as long as the connection, while strong enough to hold the two stations together with ease, is fragile and can be easily damaged by weapon fire, thereby breaking the joint and possibly sending both stations out of orbit or into each other.

The faults of this station are simple and typical of civilian stations. The armor is thick enough to prevent stray debris and starfighter weapons from penetrating, but is overall very thin and susceptible to heavier weapons such as capital weapons, concussion missiles, and bombs. The station is also very fragile as it is mostly open internal space for guests and personnel and is not designed up to military standards. The station does feature thirty capital grade weapons and batteries of point defense, but the defensive weapons are mostly to prevent larger debris and asteroids from impacting the station while the heavier weapons are designed mostly to dissuade pirates from attacking.

All in all, the station is hardly a front line installation, but perfect as a transportation hub or rest/waypoint station.

Development Thread: N/A
Intent: To create a basic, civilian space station with a unique ability that can function as a transportation hub or traveler's rest area.

[member="Popo"]

Hey so two things on this sub. Because it does have a high defense gun count with its dimensions and then a lot of hanger space, I'd prefer if it could be clearly determined how many of those potential starfighters are actually defensive units so I can determine whether anything is too much there.

And secondly regarding this and the XQ4-B, I am going to have to ask that a dev thread be made to allow both stations to connect, preferably 30 posts total for both if you can with several writers.

Popo

I'm Sexy and I Know It
[member="Camellia Swift"]

1. The defense gun count is standard to a heavy cruiser under the 2.0 guide. Going by the 2.0 guide, I should have 50% more weapons and hangar space. As the 2.0 guide is now a reference and the 3.0 guide has no actual gun count in favor for an armament listing, I stuck with the standard weapon allotment and hangar space (swapping the gunships/dropships for 2 starfighters each under the 2.0 guide listings) for a heavy cruiser. If anything, this is a lightly armed space station. I can drop them more, but I'd like to point out that I could, conceivably, push for 45 capital guns and 45-50ish defensive batteries with the 50% increase.

2. Unless the civilians inside the civilian station have illegal weapons mounted on their civilian starships to defend said civilian installation from attack, the starfighters are more or less just a capacity level for the station. Think of it as a parking lot with that digital sign out front telling you how many parking spaces are left.

3. I understand your argument for a dev thread, but I could literally drop the connection and just have them tractor beam each other 24/7 or even just combine the two into the same station with two variants to get the same results and just park two in orbit. I don't have time to wait on 3-4 other writers and I have more projects going on that need more of my attention that also require these stations. Plus, this station is under 1km, meaning that short of making the station out of beskar or putting a stygium cloak on it or something equally OPed, a 30+ dev thread with multiple writers is rather... pointless? Superfluous? I get working for stuff but this station is literally pure vanilla with a bonus perk. The connection is a neat and unorthodox way of using the stations as a standalone or as a combined unit. I could drop the "hard" connection and toss on more docking tethers that do the same thing if you'd like.

[member="Popo"]

Alright so sorry for the delay. On the first two points i think you're clear, but the last still stands as I have checked with others and conferred on the matter.

The issue being total mass in the end is far above either station alone which does push the combined unit, which would likely appear in several rps, above a 1000m ship. However, since I am noting that this is not an attempt to do that, and that asking for equivalent work would be strenuous, I did make it clear the required dev thread would be less than an actual 1000m station, and would require fewer writers. Though I do suggest getting more people as it can make it easier or faster.

Popo

I'm Sexy and I Know It
[member="Camellia Swift"]
Since mass and potential abuse of a civilian station were the key issues in the need of a development thread, I've made a few edits.
  • Gun count dropped to 15 capital guns (I'll edit the other station soon) which makes the total guns for both 30, the standard for a military heavy support cruiser
  • Defensive gun batteries dropped to 15 batteries making the total guns for both 30 batteries, 10 less than the standard for a military heavy support cruiser
  • Dimensions dropped to 700x700x250m making the two connected stations 700x700x500m in total

I have successfully and voluntarily overnerfed an already nerfed civilian station. A development thread of any length is not necessary for an uber-nerfed station that's only function is to connect to another ubernerfed station to make more or less an orbital warehouse/highway rest stop. Abuse of this submission and its twin after I edit it is physically impossible. An enemy fleet could literally sneeze at this station and destroy it.

[member="Popo"]

I agreed that the weapons were less of an issue, so I am not sure why you changed that, but I appreciate you are trying to show and make trade offs.

the new math comes out more favorably. The total area isn't enough to worry me about potentially tipping the rule on size.

If you want to change the guns up a little still let me know before I send this up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom