Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech XL-DGP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maurice Dalton

M
[SIZE=9pt]Image Source: N/A[/SIZE]
[SIZE=9pt]Intent: To create a unique power pack for Xenotech Laboratories and Partners.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=9pt]Development Thread: [/SIZE][SIZE=9pt]First Order: Beyond Darkness [Dominion of Rakata Beta][/SIZE]
[SIZE=9pt]Manufacturer: Xenotech Laboratories[/SIZE]
[SIZE=9pt]Model: XL-DGPP[/SIZE]
[SIZE=9pt]Affiliation: Xenotech Laboratories and Customers.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=9pt]Modularity: No[/SIZE]
[SIZE=9pt]Production:[/SIZE][SIZE=9pt] Minor[/SIZE]
[SIZE=9pt]Material: Standard Power Pack Components[/SIZE]
[SIZE=9pt]Strengths[/SIZE][SIZE=9pt]:[/SIZE]

• [SIZE=9pt]Armour Piercing Gas[/SIZE]
[SIZE=9pt]Weaknesses[/SIZE][SIZE=9pt]:[/SIZE]

• [SIZE=9pt]Lower Capacity versus Blasters[/SIZE]

• [SIZE=9pt]Impossible to Be Mixed With Other Blaster Gases[/SIZE]

• [SIZE=9pt]Only Able to Be Used With Xenotech Products[/SIZE]

• [SIZE=9pt]Weapons Used Tend to Have Slower RoF[/SIZE]
[SIZE=9pt]Description: Hundreds of years ago, the Galactic Republic had made an attempt at banning a blaster gas known simply as, ‘[/SIZE][SIZE=9pt]Sig[/SIZE][SIZE=9pt].’ Information provided from what history books are left of the Galaxy pre-Gulag Plague suggest that it was an extremely powerful gas. Xenotech Laboratories, a relatively new company when it comes to weaponry discovered the powerful gas when mining upon one of Rakata Beta’s moons, Coupling the exceptional gas with maser-charric technology provided by Chiss engineers and various weapon designers, they had come up with the ‘XL-DGPP.’[/SIZE]

[SIZE=9pt]Its primary purpose is to serve as a counter to armoured targets, whether they be personnel, vehicles, or even hardpoint locations. Carrying the same properties as what is typically used to power charric and maser based technology, when contact is made, the fired bolt delivers the standard kinetic and thermal energy, coupled with the electric shock spreading across metallic surfaces. Limited to being provided to the First Order’s Military, the XL-DGP is capable of powering weapons from the size of a blaster, to a capital-grade Turbolaser.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=9pt]When scaled to the standard size of a charric or blaster, XL-DGP delivers a devastating punch upon the run of the mill duraplast and durasteel armours. While they are not ceramic or polymer based which charrics by nature render ineffective, XL-DGP powered charrics deliver an extra punch, though what occurs upon contact is speculated to vary depending on the loadout, and type of weapon used.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=9pt]Relatively unknown and having been trialled with only members of the First Order’s High Command present, knowledge of its existence is at best, rumoured. In regards to the bolt itself, it’s purple, theorized to likely be the cause of the standard blue from the base maser technology, and the enhancement produced by the gas, Sig, which likely created a crimson colour.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=9pt]Primary Source:[/SIZE][SIZE=9pt] http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Blaster_gas[/SIZE]

[member="Maurice Dalton"]

Maurice Dalton said:
Impossible to Be Mixed With Other Blaster Gases
I fail to see how this is a weakness? Why mix something already so good.

I would add a weakness that balances it better. Something like it heats up the weapons quicker than normal gas. It is less accurate. It is weaker against blank.

Something along those lines.

Maurice Dalton

M
[member="Lynn Corerunner"]

Different blaster gases have different properties, this one, Sig, is good for heavy hitting / armour piercing, akin to how there are others better suited for ion / emp discharges to combat droids, such as the DC-models that the Clone Troopers used.

That's the weakness.

Regardless, I added in another weakness.

Please link the manufacturer.

Can you please also tell me what the upper limits to this gas would be? For instance, the linked gas is capable of piercing personal armor, but this submission is geared towards land vehicles and I am guessing also buildings? How does this react in terms of higher quality materials such as environmentally sealed, or beskar armor?

Maurice Dalton

M
[member="Jamie Pyne"]

Hyperlinked manufacturer.

As a powerpack / source of ammunition for blaster / maser based technology, I had phrased the submission so that it is possible to create it on a larger scale, such as for vehicle mounted weapons, or even starships, however, the product is most certainly geared to armoured infantry.

I've added in another paragraph to further explain its abilities against the likes of phrik and beskar, though of course with the stipend that it's up to the target to determine the amount of damage dealt to them.

Thank you.

My other concern is the production level is too high for the development. I counted thirteen contributed relevant posts throughout the dominion. This submission will need to be dropped to unique (Useable by a single character). With additional development it may be increased to Semi-Unique.

Maurice Dalton

M
[member="Jamie Pyne"]

What would I get were I to drop its potency vs high ended armour?

If you're inclined to drop the restricted materials potency it can remain as is. Essentially I have to judge the production value for submissions that counter-act restricted materials comparatively to those submissions that include restricted materials.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom