Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech Xl-37I Shoulder-mounted Beam Cannon "Epimetheus"

Status
Not open for further replies.
hqdefault.jpg

Image Source: http://i.ytimg.com/vi/FpVtInckeK4/hqdefault.jpg
Intent: A personal weapon for Viktor Romanov
Development Thread: N/A
Manufacturer: Viktor Romanov
Model: N/A
Affiliation: Independant
Modularity: No
Production: Unique
Material: Beam Components, Durasteel
Classification: Compact Beam Cannon
Size: Shoulder-Mounted
Length: 1 metre
Weight: 1Kg
Ammunition Type: Power Cell, Gas Canister
Ammunition Capacity:

• 30 Seconds of total firing time
  • 15 bursts, 2 seconds per or 6 bursts, 5 seconds per

Effective Range: Personal
Rate of Fire: Single Action, Continuous.
Special Features: Beam Weapon.
Description: The weapons strength is in it's destructive force. As a beam it can cause significant damage to most things and could blow throw walls. The main problem being that it overheats in only five seconds of use so it's use as a supression unit is limited. It can be overcharged, this will result in a 2x more powerful beam, but it will last 30 seconds before it explodes, used only as a last resort.
Primary Source: N/A

Viktor Romanov said:
Ammunition Capacity: A beam capacity of 10, but it overheats after 5 seconds of continuous use.
What exactly is the 10 a unit of? 10 seconds, 10 shots? If this is capable of continuous fire, how many seconds of firing is considered 1 shot?

[member="Viktor Romanov"]
That's more of a description of the technology (combining lasers) itself, not so much the weapon technology.

I'll go off of the Double Blaster page as a better example, and perhaps this will help both of us.

A double blaster causes two blaster bolts to strike each other and form a significantly more powerful burst of plasma versus that of the original one(or two, I suppose). Going off of what you said for bursts, a 2 second firing for a burst of energy, that would work fine. I'll allow a double-charge (5 seconds continuous burst) with some heat issues, but I don't believe a shoulder-mounted weapon would be capable of much more than that as far as continuous stream goes.

Feel free to list the capacity as follows (or similar)
  • 30 Seconds of total firing time
  • 15 Bursts, 2 seconds per or 6 Streams, 5 seconds per
For anything further I'd prefer a small development thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom