Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Starship Xi-29 Bellero-class Jedi Heavy Fighter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jagen Wren

J
0F9kDYP.png

OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION

PRODUCTION INFORMATION
  • Manufacturer: The Jedi Order
  • Model: Xi-29 Bellero-class Jedi Heavy Fighter
  • Affiliation: The Jedi Order, Commenor Systems Alliance
  • Production: Limited
  • Material:
    Quadanium-lined Durasteel Hull
  • Titanium-reinforced Alusteel Frame
  • Transparisteel Viewports

TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS
  • Classification: Starfighter/Gunship
  • Length: 16 meters
  • Width: 25.61 meters
  • Height: 7.8 meters
  • Armament: High
    x2 Twin Repeating Laser Cannons
    2 fore

[*]x2 Concussion Missile Launchers
  • 2 fore
    14 missiles each

[*]x2 Retractable Proton Rocket Launchers
  • 2 dorsal
    9 rockets each

[*]x1 Twin Repeating Laser Cannon Turret
  • 1 ventral

[*]Defenses: Average
  • Reinforced Hull
  • Standard Starfighter Deflector Shields

[*]Squadron Count: 6
[*]Maneuverability Rating: Moderate
[*]Speed Rating: Low
[*]Hyperdrive Class: 2.0 | Back-up 10.0
SPECIAL FEATURES
  • Starfighter Ion Drives
  • Starfighter Hazard and Damage Control Systems
  • Starfighter Life Support Systems
  • Starfighter Navigational Systems
  • Starfighter Sensors and Targeting Systems
  • Starfighter Communications System
  • Starfighter Tractor Beams
  • Holonet Transceiver and Encryption/Decryption Networks
Strengths:
  • Heavily Armed - The Xi-29 is armed to the teeth with various weapons systems that pack a punch against fighters and capital ships alike, exemplifying its role as a heavy fighter or gunship.
  • Good Maneuverability - The sublight thrusters have been finely tuned to give the fighter a boost when making turns, sharp or otherwise, in the midst of dogfights in order to line up its sights on an enemy fighter.
Weaknesses:
  • Slow - While the thrusters have been improved, the engines have suffered a hit, hindering the overall speed of the heavy fighter.
  • Volatile Ammunition - The warheads of the concussion missiles and proton rockets jut out most of the time if the latter is deployed. A well placed hit on the fore section of the vessel could set them off and destroy the entire starfighter.
Description:

After the great success of the Sigma-5 Ruusan-class Jedi Interceptor, the Jedi Order realized the need for a heavier variant of the Sigma-5 for the more combat-oriented members of the Order. Wishing for a powerful design that could be effectively deployed in smaller numbers to make up for its lack of necessity, the Xi-29 was given life by the experienced war veterans of the Order.

Because of the Jedi Order's tenet of using violence only as a last resort, the hull of the Xi-29 was constructed to be large and intimidating to act as a deterrent for those who wanted to try and take it on. Should that deterrent fail, three twin repeating laser cannons and a grouping of high-powered missile launchers can easily dispatch most threats.

While most of its armament faces forwards, enhanced sublight thrusters were a must; granting a small but noticeable boost to maneuverability that is much needed. This, unfortunately, has caused the engines themselves to suffer, and by extension the speed of the starship. Coupled with the fact that one well-placed shot could set off the exposed warheads, this could prove to be a fatal flaw to the ship.

[member="Jagen Wren"]

If you can't find the image at least link the image itself in image source for me. Also one question : if speed is slow wouldn't maneuverability be as well? Nothing drastic but I believe it would be limited, would be good to add into your weaknesses.

Jagen Wren

J
[member="Delila Castillon"]

Well, there's a difference; speed is controlled by the regular ion drives, while maneuverability is controlled by separate thrusters. I mean, I might be wrong, but then why have two separate ratings when they're both supposed to be the same? :p

[member="Jagen Wren"]

Well, I was just thinking about how heavy this is. Quadanium is a heavy substance(or one can assume so, look the Death Star).I'm going to try to draw some parallels from a cruise ship, although not quite the same. Cruise ships can go relatively fast for their size (34 mph or so...) but have horrible maneuvering. I'm not sure how a fighter like this will be heavier and have the same maneuverability as a lighter, faster vessel.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZjASXRvEG0w

Jagen Wren

J
[member="Delila Castillon"]

Well, that's a 134,000 ton (121,562,755 kilograms) cruise ship in water compared to a relatively medium-sized two-man starfighter in a zero-g environment, so weight doesn't really factor much into the latter, not to mention that it isn't purely composed of quadanium, rather quadanium-lined durasteel, which is probably only a few centi/decimeters thick until you get to the innards of the ship.

It should also be noted that the Xi-29 is not fast like a cruise ship would be, it's slower than a ship of the same size but gains maneuverability (Faster fighters usually have a harder time turning, slower ships would have the opposite).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom