Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech X-99 "Wampa" Anti Armor Sniper Rifle

Status
Not open for further replies.
dmitriy-kashtanov-front-another-side.jpg
dmitriy-kashtanov-back-another-side.jpg

"When You Absolutely Need to kill the guy behind the tank, behind the house, behind the building"

Intent: To Create an Anti Armor Sniper for The Ancient Eye
  • Image Source: X X X
  • Canon Link: N/A
  • Restricted Missions: N/A
  • Primary Source: N/A
PRODUCTION INFORMATION
  • Manufacturer: The Ancient Eye, Winter Moon Weapons Factory
  • Model: X99
  • Affiliation: The Ancient Eye
  • Modularity: It can be moded for specific missions.
  • Production: Semi Unique
  • Material: Durasteel, Synthmesh and Electronics
TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS
  • Classification: Energy Rifle
  • Size: Large
  • Weight: Heavy
  • Ammunition Type: Power Cells
  • Ammunition Capacity: 4 shot (1 loaded in when the canister loads, being 5 total)
  • Reload Speed: Very Low
  • Effective Range: Battlefield
  • Rate of Fire: Low
  • Stopping Power: Extreme
  • Recoil: Extreme
SPECIAL FEATURES
Night Vision/Thermal
Long Range Adapted Sights
Integrated system distance calculator
Shot Prediction Sights
"Droid Finder" (A section of Thermal and Night Vision which outlines Artificial Intelligence systems by the energy output of mobile machines, it also works for vehicles and may confuse the two)

Strengths:
Feth Your Phirk Armor+ The Wampa has a firing system that consumes all 5 shots inside the canister to deliver a single concentrated composite beam laser that can potentially pierce phirk and kill the man behind it. Forged Beskar or Songsteel? Not so much although the impact can potentially knock the wind out of your lungs or break a rib. It is in essence, a condensed composite beam laser.

Feth your tank too+ The single shot rounds of the rifle are designed to be anti armor, specifically tanks and reinforced armor like those on walkers and armored infantry personnel carriers.

Feth your energy shield while I'm at it.+ The Majority of personal energy shields cannot take this round, shields carried by vehicles sure can but the shields carried by single soldiers won't tank more than a shot or two of this round before going down.

Weaknesses
Holy Mother of Yoda, I do not lift enough to wield this thing bro- The average person in the galaxy is not picking up this rifle. This thing is heavier than most launchers and as heavy as the heavier people in the galaxy. Moving this thing around from point to point is incredibly difficult and unless you are a massive wookie, have a vehicle or have the strength of a adrenaline spiked trandoshan with a Coruscant Minute to spare and you are not moving this by yourself for more than a few hundred yards and even that is a lot of distance. The Weight of this weapon is a whopping two hundred and forty pounds without ammunition.

Feth Ions- This is energy dependent so a strike from an ion weapon renders this weapon destroyed.

Barrel Change! wait.. Again?- Even if you take your time shooting, it's not about the overheat. The sheer power that this thing is bringing out of that barrel is destroying the barrel's rifling. Every two shots you have to change the barrel, every full blast shot you need to change the barrel and swab the inside for residue. If you do not change the barrel after every two shots that blast is not going anywhere that you want it to go, if you shoot this weapon after blasting a full energy blast it will blow up in your face and you very possibly might die.

Hearing protection and just... entire body protection is not optional here... I'm serious... you will die.- The Pressure that this weapon is unleashing will kill you if you are not wearing protection for your entire body. You need an armor that protects you and your buddies around you from the pressure of this weapon, added, if you shoot this in a closed environment (like a room or a hallway) that pressure is multiplied ten fold, added, the armor that you need to shoot this in said closed environment is even more complex and padded than the one you need to shoot it outdoors.

There goes my shoulder. I think it broke. Nope, i don't think, it did break- Some weapons have kick that you might say is hard, you might even say that a weapon like a launcher has kick. The Wampa will break your shoulder and maybe even kill you if you don't shoot it properly, that means in the prone with the bi-pod and the stakes into the floor.

Slow reload- It takes a few seconds to reload this thing.

You need a team- Operating this weapon system solo is a nightmare, you will take forever to do things.

I hate those glowy things!- Lightsabers! They can deflect it! It'll probably hurt but you can deflect it! Don't try to do it with something other than a lightsaber though.

DESCRIPTION
The X-99 "Wampa" is a energy based, single shot, air cooled, plasma exhaust operated anti armor sniper rifle meant to be fired from the prone position. The X-99 was designed as the response to the prevalent growth of phirk armor plating and heavy armor in the galaxy, primarily the existence of large productions of phirk items like armor and weapons. Knowing the almost certain odds of facing phirk plated enemies in the future the ancient eye set itself on the task of creating a weapon that could be realistically produced at least on a limited level that can pierce it, given that these items and armors are likely to be found in that quantity. Given that it is a very specific weapon with a very specific mission the soldiers granted this weapon and trained on it are also specifically trained and specialized in anti armor and anti high value personnel.

The AHVP, Anti High Value Personnel is now a standard class and priority of work across the board in special operations units all over The Ancient Eye and it's territories, the idea being that high value, high risk and high danger warriors on the battlefield are priority over the small unit teams and the larger scale of the battle. The special forces tasked with this weapon are trained to prioritize armor and AHVP's over the regular grunts and units unless commanded otherwise.

The Wampa was designed to take out these targets but little did they know the large energy that it takes for this to be able to be done and when the final product was done, christened, passed and stamped what resulted was a composite beam laser housed inside the core of the rifle and ionized to pressure out as a single shot once superheated creating temperatures just shy of supernova inside of it's chambering mechanism. To do this they needed to create Synthmesh padding both inside and outside the weapon to compensate for the heat and even still this weapon is extremely dangerous.

It's deadly to it's user to a ridiculous degree. To fire it one must have almost an inch of plasteel plated armor even when firing it outside and when firing it inside that is an extra inch of plasteel insulated armor just to keep you from dying as this thing fires with the pressure of a hundred concussion grenades. The power once it leaves the barrel kicks up the ground around it and would move a fully grown man in full prone position, firing it from the shoulder is literally impossible. The heat inside upraises the power of 110 Tera Joules, (For Earth Estimates that is roughly the amount of strength the Tsar Bomba had.) Condenses it and centralizes it in a needle point in order to pierce Phirk. (Which withstands much greater force spread out, Death Star and all that) So in order to be able to break and pierce the phirk that power had to be centralized into the smallest point possible with as much force as possible and then make that portable.

Once all the Science was done, tested, designed and produced what followed was the death of several people by the dozens in initial testings when they realized that a special armor was needed to fire it, the problems it had and the fact that housing that much power inside of a weapon is incredibly dangerous. It's probably for the best that this is never mass produced although The Ancient Eye is looking for a Minor production of it *Wink Wink*

Progflaw99

[member="Mythos"]

Hello! I will be the judge reviewing this submission. I'll jump right in!

Mythos said:
Manufacturer: The Ancient Eye, Winter Moon Weapons Factory

Please link the manufacturer here. If the manufacturer is a faction, please hyperlink the faction home page here.

-

Mythos said:
Rate of Fire: Low
Modifying this to a "Very Low" will help balance the Extreme stopping power rating. Other than that, the number of weaknesses of the weapon certainly finish balancing the weapon. Tag me once those changes are done and I'll give it another look over.

Progflaw99

[member="Mythos"]

Looks good. As far as upgrading to minor production, if you adjust the reload rate to Very Low, and drop the Stopping Power to Very High instead of extreme, Minor production should work.

Let me know if you'd like to make those changes, if not I will go ahead and put this in pending. Thanks!

Mythos said:
Feth Your Phirk Armor+ The Wampa has a firing system that consumes all 5 shots inside the canister to deliver a single "Mega Shot" that is specifically designed to pierce Phirk armor like steel on leather. Forged Beskar or Songsteel? Not so much although the impact will knock the wind out of your lungs or break a rib. It is in essence, a condensed composite beam laser.

Mythos said:
Feth your energy shield while I'm at it.+ The Majority of personal energy shields cannot take this round, shields carried by vehicles sure can but the shields carried by single soldiers won't tank more than a shot or two of this round before going down.

Mythos said:
Stopping Power: Very High
You're describing a far higher stopping power. Phrik is noted to be extremely durable, most notably to energy weapons such as blasters and lightsabers, and most personal energy shields are designed to protect against energy weapons.

Unless the stopping power is raised to Extreme and production is dropped to semi-unique or below, I cannot approve this submission as-is.

Roger that! [member="Nadja Keto"] [member="Nadja Keto"] I was wondering if it could be made into Limitd, is there i way i can make it into Limited Production? Or does it have to be semi Unique?

[member="Mythos"]
If you want it to be capable of potentially blasting through phrik, semi-unique is as high as you can go. If you just want everything else, limited is the way to go.

Mythos said:
that can pierce phirk and kill the man behind it.
We do not allow guaranteed hits, nor do we allow members to kill other characters without their permission. Please reword this strength to:

Mythos said:
Feth Your Phirk Armor+ The Wampa has a firing system that consumes all 5 shots inside the canister to deliver a single concentrated composite beam laser that can potentially pierce phirk. Forged Beskar or Songsteel? Not so much although the impact can potentially knock the wind out of your lungs or break a rib. It is in essence, a condensed composite beam laser.

[member="Nadja Keto"] I don't understand. Can it not pierce Phirk? I don't understand how that wording guarantees a hit, If it hits it pierces the Phirk and could kill the person behind it, it's not saying that it will hit. Or are you saying that there is no way to sub something that can pierce phirk ? Only potentially pierce phirk?

Mythos said:
[member="Nadja Keto"] I don't understand. Can it not pierce Phirk? I don't understand how that wording guarantees a hit, If it hits it pierces the Phirk and could kill the person behind it, it's not saying that it will hit. Or are you saying that there is no way to sub something that can pierce phirk ? Only potentially pierce phirk?
Here's our rules:
f79adabb8c207702d4f60d959a85d5ab.png

See #4 & #5.

Part of those is allowing another writer to determine the amount of damage they take from a hit, if they do take a hit. Your weapon will not pierce phrik every single time it hits it, particularly if another writer does not wish to take that level of damage. The way your strength is worded now is that every time your weapon strikes something made of phrik, it will pierce through it, and it is implied that kill the person behind it. Your strength also states that if it doesn't kill the person it will do a specified amount of damage to them. Neither of these is permitted, not in the factory and not in role-play.

You can reword it to the way I've listed above, or something similar, and your submission will be approved. It is up to the person taking the hit to determine the amount of damage dealt to them or their equipment, not to you and not to this submission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom