Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Starship X-70C Phantom

Status
Not open for further replies.
x_70b_phantom_class_prototype_ortho__new__by_unusualsuspex-d9w7ejv.jpg
OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
PRODUCTION INFORMATION
TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS
  • Classification: Personal Transport/Stealth Ship
  • Length: 80 Metres
  • Width: 94 Metres
  • Height: 18 Metres
Armament:

Defenses:

• Hangar: Very Low (0/None)
  • Maneuverability Rating: High
  • Speed Rating: Very High
  • Hyperdrive Class: 1
SPECIAL FEATURES
  • Optical Shield: This shield covers the entirety of the ship and distorts the visual image of the ship; in conjunction with the Nutorium Plating, this makes the vessel much harder to spot.
  • Nutorium Plating: Designed as a failsafe if the Optical Shield malfunctions or simply isn't doing well enough, this plating simply makes the ship harder to spot and track with regular ship sensors, though it can still be easily physically seen, and more advanced sensors will not be affected.

Strengths:
  • Subtlety: Thanks to both the Optical Shield and Nutorium Plating being on the ship in conjunction, the X-70C is much more difficult to detect and see than usual, making it much easier to slip past defenses or blockades.
  • Speed: The X-70C is an incredibly fast ship for its size, able to easily outrun most other Corvette-sized vessels and even some Starfighters.
Weaknesses:
  • What's that out the window?: Although the efforts of both the Optical Shield and Nutorium disguise the ship well, anyone looking out the window of their ship would still see distortions where the ship is, naturally telling them something's off.
  • Pulling Punches: Although the X-70C can outrun a good amount of vessels and avoid attacks, it has far less armament than most others vessels in its class, and would be probably better off avoiding combat.
Description: Designed specifically for Varik Ice to fulfill his role as an Inquisitor, the X-70C is based off an ancient design that was previously used by Intelligence Agents. Designed not only for speed and infiltration but also luxury and long stays, the ship sports rugs, furnished wood and comfortable furniture of all sorts along with various amenities and conveniences.

Varik Ice said:
Cloaking Device: With an included cloaking device, this ship is able to disappear for a limited amount of time, making it a dangerous vessel to deal with, whether it's known to be there or not.
This is one of those spots where there is a canon item that for our purposes, could use a bit more detail. There are several different cloaking devices out there (stygium, hibridium, sensor mask, optical shield, etc) that aren't uncommon in Star Wars. The best of these, stygium, uses a restricted material, which means that if this corvette is using that, we will need to do a special mission thread for it (more details on that here). Hibridium has the double-blind problem, while other technologies typically don't provide "perfect" cloaking, per se.

In terms of overall balance, this is somewhat overpowered. Two points need to be moved down in the ratings, either in the same heading or in different heading (By heading, I'm referring to armament rating, defensive rating, speed rating, etc). From a concept standpoint, I'd personally suggest removing them from armament and/or defense. Armament because this doesn't really seem like a ship that fights against other capital ships, and defense because cloaking is probably its primary defense most of the time.

Gir Quee said:
This is one of those spots where there is a canon item that for our purposes, could use a bit more detail. There are several different cloaking devices out there (stygium, hibridium, sensor mask, optical shield, etc) that aren't uncommon in Star Wars. The best of these, stygium, uses a restricted material, which means that if this corvette is using that, we will need to do a special mission thread for it (more details on that here). Hibridium has the double-blind problem, while other technologies typically don't provide "perfect" cloaking, per se.

In terms of overall balance, this is somewhat overpowered. Two points need to be moved down in the ratings, either in the same heading or in different heading (By heading, I'm referring to armament rating, defensive rating, speed rating, etc). From a concept standpoint, I'd personally suggest removing them from armament and/or defense. Armament because this doesn't really seem like a ship that fights against other capital ships, and defense because cloaking is probably its primary defense most of the time.
I've moved Armament and Defense both down one point each, and I've changed outright cloaking to an Optical Shield that works in tandem with the Nutorium Plating; I've adjusted Strengths and Weaknesses to make sense for that, I hope everything's alright with it now. Thanks for the suggestions, too.

[member="Gir Quee"]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom