Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech X-33 Disrupter -Hyperspace_Beacon-

Status
Not open for further replies.
  • OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
  • Intent: To Create A Black Market WMD{Weapon Of Mass Disruption}
  • This Weapon is designed for defensive purposes
  • For Outlaw ships, being chased deploy it and escape.
  • Image Source: Sf.Co.Ua
  • Canon Link: N/A
  • Restricted Missions: N/A
  • Primary Source: N/A

• SPECIAL FEATURES
  • Miniature Fusion Accelerator Cannon,with the impending threat of destruction the hyperspace beacon can activate its Miniature Fusion Accelerator Cannon. It is able to fire a single powerful shot of pure energy.
  • A ray shield was a specialized type of deflector shield employed in both the time of the Galactic Republic and the Galactic Empire. It functioned by deflecting or scattering energy beams.The shield was usually projected by a small generator. The shield also had a limited durability, weakening when shot, with the color of the shield eventually changing from blue to yellow and finally red before disappearing as the generator overheated.
  • A gravity well projector was a powerful device affixed to an Interdictor cruiser used to pull ships out of hyperspace. As a ship could not usually enter hyperspace when within a planet's gravitational pull, the gravity well projector mimicked the effect by creating a strong artificial gravity well known as an interdiction field.
  • Hyperspace beacons, also known as jump beacons, were used as fixed navigation points for hyperspace travel ,Pirates and Hutts sometimes reprogrammed the beacons to transmit incorrect coordinates to ships, sending them into deep space so the ships could be ambushed and pillaged far from the interference of the Republic.
  • A particle shield was a type of deflector shield used to deflect physical projectiles or space debris. The shield had to be deactivated to launch spacecraft such as shuttles or star fighters, or if a star ship wished to fire its own projectiles.
  • A jammer was a device used to scramble communications. Jamming devices were used by the Death Star, the Millennium Falcon, 74-Z speeder bikes, and RZ-1 A-wing interceptors. The Trade Federation used a jamming device to effectively stop communication on Naboo. Jamming devices however, had the habit of cutting off all major and minor communications inside the ship on which the jammers was installed, as well as jamming the enemy, making them very reliant on other ships. Essentially, it also jammed com links inside of ships and could jam scanners.
  • Kyber crystals were noted for their unmatched ability to channel energy and generate enormous returns. To this end, numerous individuals attempted to make synthetic kyber crystals, though their artificial nature made them highly unstable and explosive.
  • Those that worked in proximity to them would experience headaches and a loss of sleep, becoming incessantly fanatic and fixated over the crystal in the process. With proper faceting, the pulse of energy released by the crystal could be greatly amplified and, with the help of containment devices,Kyber crystals were used as part of the Death Star's super laser.
  • This hyperspace beacon is equipped with N2-f microthrusters giving it the ability to slowly move and re target its enemy as it is needed.

• Strengths:
  • This Hyperspace beacon is made from Quadanium steel, making it extremely strong and durable material.
  • it is powered by massive amounts of Kyber crystals, providing the Hyperspace beacon massive amounts of energy.
  • ANx-y long-range sensor array,ANx-y long-range sensor arrays were placed on it and fed data in the primary sensor array and targeting computer.
  • Kyber crystals were noted for their unmatched ability to channel energy and generate enormous returns, In the event that there was a need to vent the energy from the Kyber crystals it could be vented out of the main spike in the center of Hyperspace beacon potentially using it as a one time use weapon of pure energy, if used more than once there was a good chance the hyperspace beacon might explode.

• Weaknesses:
  • Acquiring the Crystals to power it proves to be expensive and complicated.
  • Once it is released from your ship, you have 1 minute to escape the activation radius. If you do not escape the activating radius in 1 minute it will attack you.This Weapon Is Just As Dangerous Too You As It Is To Your Enemy, Once The Beacon Is Activated All Targets Are The Same Friend Or Foe.
  • The Fusion Accelerator Cannon can be disabled with a blast from a ion weapon.
  • being in close proximity to Kyber crystals would cause headaches and a loss of sleep, becoming incessantly fanatic and fixated over the crystals , perhaps dementia and insanity.
  • If the Kyber crystals loose containment, the yield could result in a catastrophic event, capable of wiping out a large population center or destroy a freighter class star ship.
  • A loss of energy containment can result in a destabilization within the device and cause a sizeable explosion, damaging or potentially destroying objects nearby.
  • Once the hyperspace beacon is dropped in place it is very unlikely you will ever be able to find it again because of the on board jammers it is equipped with, it would potentially scrabble your sensors and communications if you were in the activation range of the beacon.
  • After the hyperspace beacon is activated and the jammer activates , the jamming wave would cause a disruption in the targeting systems and communications potentiality making them go offline.

DESCRIPTION
  • This Technology is a hyper space beacon deployed from the back section of a star ship, one minute after the beacon is deployed it expands is size and six long metal arms extend from its center base.
  • in the center one long spike looking object points out. As soon as the Hyper Space beacon is fully deployed it first activates its ray shield then secondly it activates a Particle shielding. once its shields are up it activates its ANx-y long-range sensor array,ANx-y long-range sensor arrays were placed on it and fed data into the primary sensor arrays and targeting computer.
  • The sensor arrays have a range of one mile. Once a object enters the perimeter of the sensor arrays the gravity well projector is activated and sends out massive waves of gravitational energy , this powerful device is used to pull ships out of hyperspace. As a ship could not usually enter hyperspace when within a planet's gravitational pull.
  • The gravity well projector mimicked the effect by creating a strong artificial gravity well known as an interdiction field once the ship became stuck in the gravity force its shields and hull would start to be crushed under the force of the gravity waves. Once this process begins and the target was locked a jammer beam is fired towards the target potentially disabling any potential communications or calls for rescue.
  • Jamming devices however, had the habit of cutting off all major and minor communications inside the ship on which the jammers was installed, as well as jamming the enemy, making them very reliant on other ships. Essentially, it also jammed com links inside of ships and could jam scanners. So not only does the enemy get jammed but the hyper space beacons communications and scanners get jammed as well disabling the Sensors and targeting systems, that is not a big disadvantage because the gravity well projector effects a large area of space and does require a exact target.
  • This machine is powered by Kyber crystals making the produce of this device highly expensive and highly dangerous it has been recorded that in certain situations Kyber crystals can store to much energy and explode that is why the main spike the center of this Hyperspace beacon has been fitted with a miniature Fusion Accelerator Cannon to vent of any excess energy in a random blast.
  • The Fusion Accelerator Cannon can only fire in the direction it is pointed because of the jamming device equipped to the hyperspace beacon the targeting system in jammed 2 minutes after the hyperspace beacon is activated. Once you activated the Hyperspace beacon you have exactly one minute well it powers up and sets up to escape the activating radius. If you happen to remain in the activating radius after deploying the Hyperspace beacon, it will turn on your ship going threw its start up process of raising its shields then activating the the gravity well projector , if at the the two minute mark you still have no cleared the safe, that has now been seriously decreased since you would be caught in the the gravity well projector grasp the next thing to happen would be communications and targeting scanner would start to potentially go offline and Leaving you deaf and blind in space.
  • It is not a emp your engines and weapons will work fine you just will have a hard time finding a target or using communications. Being equipped with a jammer makes this device very dangerous for the enemy because they will not realize it is out there and even the person who deployed it would have a hard time scanning to find it again.
  • Once you run into its one mile radius it activates and the fun begins.Once it is deployed It just sits in one spot in dead space until something fly's threw its activation radius. In the unlikely event the Kyber crystals loose containment, the yield could result in a catastrophic event, capable of wiping out a large population center or a freighter class star ship
  • The Hyperspace beacons Kyber crystals are much smaller and may not cause as much destructive damage from loss of containment but there would definitely be a massive explosion with enough force to at least destroy a freighter class star ship.
  • This Weapon Is Just As Dangerous To You As It Is To Your Enemy Once It Is Deployed Run Before it Activates.

wallpaper-658379.jpg

Hi there!

First off, you do not need to copy & paste the Wookiepedia article information relating to the technology you are using. Hyperlinking the special feature with the Wookie article is sufficient.

That aside,

Xanatos BloodStone said:
Material: it is made from a mixture of Quadanium and Nykkalt
  • Nykkalt needs to either be removed from the submission and replaced with a non-restricted material, or the mission needs to be completed to accompany this material. (Please keep in mind that restricted missions may only be used once.) Reflec may provide most of the same benefits you are looking for without the need for a restricted mission.

Xanatos BloodStone said:
A ray shield
  • I'm not entirely certain as to the need or nature for this beacon to have or possess a ray shield, nor the feasibility for it to contain one?

Xanatos BloodStone said:
A particle shield
  • Again, I'm not entirely certain as to the need or nature for this beacon to have or possess a particle shield, nor the feasibility for it to contain one.

Xanatos BloodStone said:
  • If this device contains a jammer, how then does it transmit information as a hyperspace beacon?

Xanatos BloodStone said:
essentially invisible to any electronics, meaning this Hyperspace beacon is basically immune to all scans and probe attempts to find it and is Practically invisible to all forms of radar.
  • All wording relating to complete and total immunity, invisibility, or invulnerability must be removed from submissions. Submissions are not permitted to contain blanket immunity.

Xanatos BloodStone said:
In the event that there was a need to vent the energy from the Kyber crystals it could be vented out of the main spike in the center of Hyperspace beacon potentially using it as a one time use
  • What does this mean?

Xanatos BloodStone said:
This Weapon Is Just As Dangerous Too You As It Is To Your Enemy

Xanatos BloodStone said:
Once The Beacon Is Activated All Targets Are The Same Friend Or Foe
  • These are redundant weaknesses. Please combine them into a single line.

Xanatos BloodStone said:
one giant kyber crystal was destabilized by Saw Gerrera, it absorbed so much energy that when it finally did reach critical mass, it exploded with enough force to destroy both the freighter transporting it and a nearby Star Destroyer.
  • This is unnecessary information pertaining to this submission. Please remove it.

Xanatos BloodStone said:
The Hyperspace beacons Kyber crystals are much smaller and may not cause as much destructive damage from loss of containment but for sure there would be a massive explosion with enough force to at least destroy a freighter class star ship.
  • This is a redundant weakness to the above. Please remove it.

Xanatos BloodStone said:
Once it is dropped into place you wont be able to find it again.
  • This is a nonsensical weakness as it is written. Please either remove it, or reword it to state that relocating this would prove difficult due to the Nykkalt (If you still intend to use that)

Xanatos BloodStone said:
No Targeting Systems
  • Without a targeting system how does the cannon fire on a ship within the gravity well it has generated?

Xanatos BloodStone said:
DESCRIPTION
  • Please make this section easier to read as it is currently one large wall of text.

[member="Jamie Pyne"]
Material: it is made from a mixture of Quadanium and Nykkalt

Nykkalt needs to either be removed from the submission and replaced with a non-restricted material, or the mission needs to be completed to accompany this material. (Please keep in mind that restricted missions may only be used once.) Reflect may provide most of the same benefits you are looking for without the need for a restricted mission.
yeah i was the once that found Nykkalt in canon and suggested to the judges that it should be restricted because it was seriously OP and had no draw backs. that being said i fully planed to removed as it is not important to the design. It was on a older submission of my star ship that i informed another judge of that fact and they restricted Nykkalt.

A ray shield

I'm not entirely certain as to the need or nature for this beacon to have or possess a ray shield, nor the feasibility for it to contain one?

A particle shield

Again, I'm not entirely certain as to the need or nature for this beacon to have or possess a particle shield, nor the feasibility for it to contain one.

the reason why it is shielded is to defend it and particle shields and ray shields come in many sizes from small enough for A couple people to big enough for a star ship it is possible.

A jammer

If this device contains a jammer, how then does it transmit information as a hyperspace beacon?
it dont, it has been refitted as a weapon of mass disruption. as mentioned in the intention.

essentially invisible to any electronics, meaning this Hyperspace beacon is basically immune to all scans and probe attempts to find it and is Practically invisible to all forms of radar.
thats exactly what it says Nykkalt does in canon , thats why i sugested they restricted it , it is more powerful than anything on the restricted list and has no down sides to its use.
Nykkalt was a highly vibrative metal that reflected any light, air, or even hyper-spectrum frequency. Rare and precious, it existed in a liquid form beneath the surface of the moon of Kufs. Because of that, the moon >>>>was essentially invisible to anything electronic<<<< means it could Probally not be scanned probed or any kind of electronic tracking or scanning.
Xanatos BloodStone, on 06 Dec 2017 - 06:25 AM, said:
In the event that there was a need to vent the energy from the Kyber crystals it could be vented out of the main spike in the center of Hyperspace beacon potentially using it as a one time use

What does this mean?

there is a big canon link to the main spike and went the hyperspace beacon needs to vent its energy it can blast a one time shot into space non targeted.

This Weapon Is Just As Dangerous Too You As It Is To Your Enemy

Once The Beacon Is Activated All Targets Are The Same Friend Or Foe

These are redundant weaknesses. Please combine them into a single line.

I can combine them into a single line but i dont see how there redundant thats a serious weakness having a weapon that can turn its target on the person who owns the weapon seems pretty important information to me, i would totally want to know if i bought a weapon that might kill me.
:

one giant kyber crystal was destabilized by Saw Gerrera, it absorbed so much energy that when it finally did reach critical mass, it exploded with enough force to destroy both the freighter transporting it and a nearby Star Destroyer.

This is unnecessary information pertaining to this submission. Please remove it.
that's not unnecessarily information it is valuable context to the fact that a explosion of Kyber crystals is dangerous, and should the hyperspace beacon overload what would happen would be a massive explosion. it is back ground information on the volatile nature of the substance that's powering the hyper space beacon.
The Hyperspace beacons Kyber crystals are much smaller and may not cause as much destructive damage from loss of containment but for sure there would be a massive explosion with enough force to at least destroy a freighter class star ship. again valuable context on the possible amount of damage caused from such volatile crystals if containment is broken.

The Hyperspace beacons Kyber crystals are much smaller and may not cause as much destructive damage from loss of containment but for sure there would be a massive explosion with enough force to at least destroy a freighter class star ship. That is why i put those two together because it is important information letting people know that the hyperspace beacon causes great stress to the kyber crystals and using to often could result in a massive explosion aside from removing i think i should put it as a strength because if you blew up the beacon your self it would as a space depth charge.

Once it is dropped into place you wont be able to find it again.

This is a nonsensical weakness as it is written. Please either remove it, or reword it to state that relocating this would prove difficult due to the Nykkalt (If you still intend to use that)
i do not mean to sound rude but it would appear you have took a lot of things out of context, even after i remove the Nykkalt the hyperspace beacon is equipped with a jammer so after you deploy it like any canon jammer is star wars your going to loose the ability to track , no why you ask is that a import weakness. Like i said earlier i find it important knowing that my own weapon can kill me and it is very important to mention it can not be track because even with out Nykkalt it has a jammer. so i explained in the submission you could deploy forget were you put and run smack dab into a real bad day when your own weapon turned on you. even if you dont consider that a legit weakness ,which i kinda think it is a major flaw in the hyperspace beacon but then again maybe the fact it cant be tracked is a strength perhaps i should with its on board jammer it would be very unlikely you would ever find it again after you deployed it.

No Targeting Systems

Without a targeting system how does the cannon fire on a ship within the gravity well it has generated?
doesn't need a targeting system once the jammer is active everything goes funky the beacon and its enemy's commutations stop working and there targeting stop working that's canon. so it is more of a point and shoot thing ,Its a fusion Accelerator Cannon in canon lore one blew a star destroyer in half i major Nerfed it down and made it way weaker but it still has the potential to do some serious damage to say a freighter or a hauler, or perhaps seriously damage the shields of a bigger ship. there is a lot of factors , lets assume the cannon cannon actually hits with no targeting in the middle of a gravity well and the shot actually connects, that would be hard enough given the circumstances add on to that the size of the ship plus the shield type maybe the shields are new tec just approved that have a high resistance to fusion weapons , there is a lot of factors to take into account when deciding how much damage it could actually do , but the main point is , the cannon is making a blind shot just pointed at the enemy so only rp could figure out exactly how that would turn out.

Please make this section easier to read as it is currently one large wall of text.
Be glad to fix that.

Nykkalt platting ,Nykkalt it is essentially invisible to any electronics, meaning this Hyperspace beacon is>>>>> basically<<<<< immune essentially or basically does not mean it will stop everything just pretty much most things.

, rp is all about being fair you cant say you cant do that because it a god mod. that's why i said basically in the entire context of the submission everything has its place except for the Nykkalt because i have no intentions of making another Nykkalt post. i am already doing one for my star ship because i was foolish enough to want to be fair in the rp and informed the judges of the fact Nykkalt was extremely powerful and had no disadvantages

So i am going to remove all traces of Nykkalt secondly i will reword some things and third i will clean up the description for you and then perhaps we can discuss my thoughts on the weakness that i think are valid to the submission and important to the design and function of the hyperspace beacon.

Aside from all that i get your point of view but a story with out context is pretty boring i did edit some one of it , but the more relevant parts i left alone because like i explained it is the details of the context of the Hyper Space beacon.

OOC wise cool Taylor swift picture love her music i will clear some of this up right now and get back to you thank you for your time

Xanatos BloodStone said:
This hyperspace beacon is equipped with Control thrusters giving it the ability to slowly move and re target its enemy as it is needed.
  • You may not link to technology referencing other television shows, movies, or video games. Please remove this hyperlink and change it to a Star Wars technology.

Xanatos BloodStone said:
No Targeting Systems

Xanatos BloodStone said:
sensor arrays were placed on it and fed data into the primary sensor arrays and targeting computer.

Xanatos BloodStone said:
Once this process begins and the target was locked

Xanatos BloodStone said:
So not only does the enemy get jammed but the hyper space beacons communications and scanners get jammed as well disabling the Sensors and targeting systems
  • You are claiming there is no targeting system as a weakness, yet you reference its ability to target three times after. Please fix this.
  • The canon article which you have linked for the fusion accelerator cannon had a targeting system used to guide the weapon.
  • Without a targeting system the likelihood of this weapon hitting its target is incredibly small. Please keep that in mind. Space is enormous and distances are vast. Gravity well projectors that mimic the gravitational pull of planets produce a sizeable interdiction field and the area for which the ship would find itself trapped is great enough that a simple point and shoot is unlikely to work as the starship is still entirely capable of maneuvering within sublight. It is not being held in place by a tractor beam. If you were to narrow the interdiction field, the chances of actually pulling a starship from hyperspace become astronomically small.

Xanatos BloodStone said:
One giant kyber crystal was destabilized by Saw Gerrera in canon, it absorbed so much energy that when it finally did reach critical mass, it exploded with enough force to destroy both the freighter transporting it and a nearby Star Destroyer.
  • This does not apply to the submission. It is readily available information in the Kyber Crystal wookie article. In the very next line you state that this weapon does not have the ability to do this sort of damage as these are not fitted with giant Kyber crystals. Remove this because it reads as a strength intended to be used in this submission when it is not.

Xanatos BloodStone said:
The Hyperspace beacons Kyber crystals are much smaller and may not cause as much destructive damage from loss of containment but there would definitely be a massive explosion with enough force to at least destroy a freighter class star ship.
  • I would suggest simply rewriting this to "A loss of energy containment can result in a destabilization within the device and cause a sizeable explosion, damaging or potentially destroying objects nearby.

Xanatos BloodStone said:
rp is all about being fair you cant say you cant do that because it a god mod
  • That is exactly what my job as Factory Admin is to do. God Modding is against the board rules, and the factory standard is maintaining balance and fair play. Regardless of what the canon wookie article says, all technology submitted to the factory must maintain balance or it will be denied, canon or not. This is precisely why we do not have Deathstars in the possession of characters or factions.

[member="Jamie Pyne"] i know sorry about that thought it was a star wars link the search i used was for star wars thrusters i will fix that right away . rp is all about being fair you cant say you cant do that because it a god mod this is complexly out of context i was referring to stealth field of how i was saying i could not exactly say it was 100% immune to detection because that would be a god mod and not fair rp. Anyway i will address your concerns.

• >>>>> Once the target is hit by the gravity well projector then a jammer beam is fired at the target potentially disabling communications or calls for rescue. Jamming devices however, had the habit of cutting off all major and minor communications inside the ship on which the jammers was installed, as well as jamming the enemy, < so when i say i have no targeting or communication it is explained in the description that the effect of that weakness begins as soon as the jammer is turned on. after the gravity weapons fires.
  • corrected the thrusters and removed the section you wanted gone i think were on the same page now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom