Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Writer Writing struggles

Hey gang hope all of you are doing well. I’m posting this thread to explain myself somewhat. Lately I notice that I have tendency when it comes one on one stories. I usually start well and with good intentions but to be honest I usually end up getting side-tracked by something in real life or simply lose inspiration. Don’t get me wrong I love Star Wars and being a part of this forum.

It‘s just the problem I have become very self conscious about myself as a writer especially trying to come up with ideas only to fail follow through with them. This is turn has cause me to be nervous about reaching out to continue stories with my partners or try new rps with them or others, feeling guilt about the past and such. That’s what I been struggling with currently as a roleplayer.

Last edited:
ᴛʜᴇ ɢɪʀʟ ᴡɪᴛʜ ᴛʜᴇ ɢᴏʟᴅᴇɴ ɢᴜɴ
If I may? Been through the same thing recently and the way I've been handling it is to just write shorter threads tbh.

It was actually Brandyn Sal-Soren Brandyn Sal-Soren that taught me to see it this way;
But think of it like a scene in a movie! and multiple threads become the whole movie in the end.

Quicker paced and probably goal oriented threads are what's working for me rn. Idk if it'll work for you, that's what I've got to offer rn. Best of luck <3

Nah, don't worry about it. People have to deal with IRL stuff and writers block all the time. It's okay to reach out to people, take breaks, and make sure that you're taking the time you need to be happy with your IRL situation and what you write. And don't worry too much about threads going on for a bit longer because you take a break. Most people on the site are pretty understanding of the problems you voiced. In the end of the day, what matters is that (after IRL of course) you're happy with what you're writing, and it's okay if you take time away to find your muse again. It happens to all of us, and if someone you're writing with has an issue with that, they're just rude. I hope that my rambling wasn't just nonsense. Good luck, and I wish you the best figuring all that out.

I was the same way when I first joined Chaos. It took me over a year to get comfortable enough to reach out to people beyond the 1-2 friends I made when I first got here.

Jasper is right about everyone struggling with IRL stuff that can impede their writing. I'd say take things slow and don't worry too much about whether or not your stories are good. As long as you are enjoying yourself and having fun, that should be enough. Yeah, RP is a social thing, but you should always write for yourself, not for other people.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom