Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech Wrist-Mounted Mini Tractor Beam

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aerin Kath

Sentinel of the Outback.
Image Source:https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/97/d7/7d/97d77dd43b1f0c4eef5a596fe3be8b19.png(place holder until I can draw and/or comission something, ignore the mods for the power-fist)
Intent: To create a useful tool for non-force users
Development Thread: if needed
Manufacturer: BCU
Model: WMT- model 0
Affiliation: TKO & S+R
Modularity: little to none
Production: limited
Material: Durasteel frame, misc electronic components, integrated old model gravity disruptor( cannot increase weight and can only decrease weight by up to the square root the weight of said object with extra drain on the battery)
Strengths:
  • + Utility: great many uses, from lifting pieces of afallen wall to launching two or three enemies away in a melee.
  • + EZ-swap Battery: the battery of the battery pack can be taken out and swapped easily.

Weaknesses:
  • - Prototype: could take some calibrations to get used to it without csrushing the held object.
  • - Bulky: takes up one arm to use, and the battery pack is about the size of a fanny pack.
  • -Mid Distance: the beam's power diminishes greatly after 6 meters
  • - Battery-life: 3 hours of continual use(1 hour with grav disruptor manipulation active), then Battery needs to be switched.
Description: Wight limit of 180kg with grav disruptors manipulation factored in as well , dimension limit of a 3m diameter sphere with a range of 6 meters from user. Both tractor and pressor functions, though the miniaturized parts make it so it is able to affect organics and small craft instead of larger vehicles. Liquids can be slightly manipulated by this device. The prototype for this tool looks like a construction frame with wires and electronic parts coming off of it with a battery pack the should be able to be strapped to the lower back of the wielder. After the initial blueprint was written up and the first prototype was built, BCU took up the patent on this tool after the designer showed BB the blueprints and offered them up to help the company produce tools and machinery.

RESEARCH REVIEW
-----
Star Wars Canon:
Pending initial review
------
Starwars Chaos:
Pending initial review
------
WITHOUT DEV THREADS
Pending initial review
------
WITH DEV THREADS
Pending Initial review
------
SUGGESTIONS
Pending Inital review

[member="Aerin The Lost"], small scale tractor beams are known to exist, such as the tactical tractor beam projector and the many small tractor beam projectors on the Nantex-class Territorial defense starfighter. These last tractor beam projectors apparently can affect the trajectory of a laser cannon bolt to "guide" it around. Given that tidbit, I think it is quite possible for this to manipulate liquids to some degree.

Aerin The Lost said:
weight limit of two times the user,
For clarification, as far as I know, tractor beams do not affect the actual weight or mass of the object being reeled in. The C5 tractor beam emitter does have a weight limit which provides us information about the device's power. However, with a personal tractor beam projector, I think the more limiting factor would be the object's exertion on the user. If the user is capable of holding up twice his weight, that's great. If he cannot hold up the object's weight, he will likely either drop the object onto the ground or likely injure himself. Something you may consider adding is some nerfed version of a gravitational field disruptor.

Otherwise, this looks like a good and innovative piece of technology.

Aerin Kath

Sentinel of the Outback.
[member="Gir Quee"]

Thanks, modifed the sub with the new info from you, with said nerfed grav disruptor, seeing as how I don't wish to have someones arm ripped off by this tech. hope this makes it look better. if not I'll make the weight limit even less

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom