Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wow this place is massive

[member="Chibishogun"]

You are right, the place is massive, and we've gotten lot's of people here to help you with anything you need, so just ask if you want to know about something, and have a good time on the site, many people with probably already want to RP with ya' right now :p.

Well I guess the first question is do I need to make another account with my character name so that I can make an actual character? Which is going to be my first step XD

[member="Chibishogun"] You don't HAVE to. You can make your writer account your character, but a lot of people prefer to make sub-accounts and leave their writer account as an out of character account.

Totally your choice!

[member="Chibishogun"]

Everyone gets a bit overwhelmed at first but luckily the site is pretty easy to get the hang of :)

Feel free to let me -- or anyone who has offered -- know if you need any assistance with character creation or just need questions answered.

[member="Chibishogun"]

To make a character account you'd go to your profile page and at the top right there should be a button with the word 'Characters' written on it, click on that and a menu should pull up when it does there will be an add sub account button, press it then you'll have to name the sub account, you will be able to change that in another thread if you want though.

(Or you can, like me and a few other people in this thread, make your writer account a character, you'd do that by going into your settings and changing your name, it will be under the 'display name' area.)

[member="Chibishogun"]

You need to make a character account, since the name of your current account isn't really a realistic character name. What you'll do is go to your homepage. Click "Characters" next to "Edit My Profile". Thereuponwithin, you can find "make a subaccount". Press that, make your character's name and then edit your profile. Find a picture to act as your avatar; one that will best represent your character. After that, go to forums. Go to Character Creation. Near the top will be a thread that involves a character template and rules. Open that in new tab and press Start New Topic. From there, you will create your character based upon the rules.

Characters are not judged, but if you RP with OP abilities or abuse in general, you will be reported. Not that I assume you will do such a thing...right? 8^I

After that, you are free to go to the forums, click on Open Roleplaying and jump into the Chaos. However, if you like support and friendship, you can join a faction. Some factions require approval, but most don't. If your character is criminally involved or a fringer in any sense AND you like credits, I personally recommend joining the Red Ravens. That's my group, we have an Out Of Character Skype IM chat set up for all active Ravens, and we have some pretty cool people. [member="Cryax Bane"], [member="Patricia Susan Garter"], [member="Jarven Zexxel"], and [member="Chiasa Kritivaas"], just to name a few.

I hope this helps. :)

Ok I got the hang of the character system, which is really neat to be honest. Gonna post my first character and see how this works ^_^ I'll probably fall in love with this place and create more to follow

The Noble Scoundrel said:
You need to make a character account, since the name of your current account isn't really a realistic character name.
Chibishogun said:
Ok I got the hang of the character system, which is really neat to be honest. Gonna post my first character and see how this works I'll probably fall in love with this place and create more to follow
If you don't wish to go through the process of creating a subaccount for your primary/first character you can simple go to the aforementioned Edit Profile button on your profile page, navigate to Display Name, and then change the display name to your character's name, followed by typing in your current password. Once you've done that you're good to go, as you are not required to create a subaccount if you don't wish to, nor are you required to have an OOC account.

Welcome to the site, bub!
I'm Chris, one of your friendly neighborhood weirdos, and the site's resident Mad Merc, along with one of the 4 (or 5) resident 'sig lords*'.
If you need any help just ask! :)
*I was given this title, though it sounded nice, so I kept it. There are a few others that the site have dubbed 'Sig Lords' (and, I guess, in my case, Sig Lady). You've already met Carrick!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom