Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Work Hard. Play Hard.

Island_Strip_Atlantis_Paradise_Island_Bahamas2.jpg
There was something about this job that Riggs was looking forward too. Whether it was the fact the tourist island of Dac was screaming for a little R and R, or the fact the delivery was a cargo hold full of hops so the Mon Cal's could make their own ale was so funny to Riggs, he just had to see it. Either way the time away would be good. Gus had passed, and while Riggs hardly knew the man, the former naval captain was indebted to the man. Had it not been for him, Russo would likely have not even attempted to move forward in their relationship.

They were both grieving in their own way, but Riggs new Russo had it harder. Gus was her father figure after all. That's why Riggs had talked Russo into staying on Dac for a couple of days after the delivery was done. He believed in the concept that a change of place and a change of pace equalled a change of perspective. Riggs wanted Russo to be able to be out of the shop for a bit longer to let her grieve somewhere else other than the man's home.

Once the delivery had been made, Riggs had Russo take Inquisitor's Revenge to the part of the island which was set away from the locals. While it was a high tourist location, it was also private in many places. Riggs really had no clue what to expect, but he knew one thing, he was there for Russo. That's what he was thinking about when they got to the front desk. The attendant was a nice Mon Cal lady, not a race Riggs considered attractive, but the personality was nice.

"Reservations under Riggs," he said checking in.

"One or two key cards, sir,"

Riggs held up two fingers as he looked to Russo and smiled. He was looking forward to the stay whether she was or wasn't. Riggs really wasn't too sure where she was emotionally, but at least, thus far, she hadn't put her wall back up, not toward him anyway.

[member="Alexandra Russo"]

Hope is the elixir of life. (semi-retired)
Russo had been a million parsecs away when Riggs grabbed her hand to lead his smuggling partner to the turbolift that would take them up to their hotel room. Gus' passing, even as expected as it was, had been a terrible blow to the Taanabian's already fragile soul. Death seemed to be waiting for her around every corner. First her immediate family was taken from her, then her military family, and now the only family she had left; her foster father. No…. that wasn't totally true. Alexandra had Damon, though she didn't dare think that way with him because he would go away too; like the navy captain had before, though hadn't really when the Inquisitor blew up.

"This place seems nice… Which floor are we on?" the brandy-eyed brunette asked as they waited for the lift to arrive, then squeezed his hand. "Thanks for taking time out of our work schedule to have a little down time," she said attempting to smile appreciatively at the dark-haired Coruscanti as Alex knew he was really trying hard to be supportive and caring during her time of grieving.

[member="Damon Riggs"]

Riggs shook his head when the bellman offered to take their luggage. It wasn't too much, so Riggs slung the duffle the two were sharing over his shoulder. The duffle was his old military bag, and it was more than big enough for what the two had brought with them.

"Top floor, and we have a basic suite. I wasn't sure what we'd have for credits when I booked the place. We could've splurged a bit more," he said.

Riggs felt the squeeze of his hand and it made his head turn to look Russo in the eye. She mustered a smile, an attempt at one anyhow, a good thing considering what she was going through. He was aware of how she thought. Everyone she loved, or ever let herself get close to died. Damon was it now, and he knew that. All he could hope was that she wouldn't bottle the feelings inside that she had been trying to let out. Was it possible they would have to start over again, yes. Was Riggs willing to stick around if that were the case, absolutely! Russo was really important to him, and the only person he had too. Yes his parents were alive, but Riggs military career had kept him away from them. Russo had been the first person Riggs had even ever considered the possibility of a future with.

"Anytime," he said as the lift door opened. "We both need some time away, and you used to talk about coming here for shore leave. Took me a while, but I got you here," Riggs smiled.

The lift ride was quiet. Riggs wanted to remind her that he was there, that he loved her, but he was pretty sure that's not what she wanted to hear. The Coruscanti was convinced he needed to tell her by just being there and showing her. The former fleeter found the room number which matched the key holder he had been given and opened the door for Russo. The room overlooked the ocean and boasted a king sized bed. The room was spacious but not the too extravagant. On his part, Riggs thought the room was perfect, and the open window which let the ocean breeze in was wonderful.

"We don't need to waste our hard-earned creds on extravagant things for my sake… Just a clean room, a decent bed, and a shower that's not a sonic one big enough for the two of us will do. Though, I will take a room with a nice view."

And view it had. Russo walked into the room and whistled softly, a genuine smile gracing her face as brandy eyes peered out at the beautiful visage of the caribbean blue ocean before them with white sandy beaches curving around the island. She slipped off her jacket and flung it onto the king-sized bed, then walked out onto the balcony, taking in the fresh sea air as a warm breeze wrapped around her ruffling the Taanabi's long sun-kissed chocolate tresses.

"Thank you for brining me here, Damon, and sticking with me through everything," Alex said, extending her hand and motioning for him to join her at the railing. "I don't know what'd I do without you. Don't ever leave me, promise."

[member="Damon Riggs"]

Russo's request was the first sign she was reaching. He couldn't let that pass up. The view was amazing, but Riggs was more focussed on the way the sun hit Russo's hair, the breeze which blew through it, her posture as she leaned against the railing and looked out over the ocean, made her a vision of beauty. Riggs walked out onto the balcony and came up behind Russo. He wrapped his strong arms around her waist as he leaned in to kiss her cheek.

"Hey, I'm not going anywhere, Alex. I came back from the dead for you, well so to speak, and nothing is going to take me away from you. I promise that I'll never leave, and I'll fight my way back to you every single time! Just like I did before."

Riggs turned her around and pressed a kiss to her lips. The man who never cried, felt a tear trickle down his cheek.

"I love you more than anything, you know that right?"

The way Riggs held her so secure in his arms made Russo want to believe what he said was truth, but she knew deep down both he and she were only mortal beings and some day they both would die. Still it was a comfort just for the Coruscanti to say it; mean it to the best of his abilities.

The kiss placed upon her lips after Riggs turned her around in his embrace was tender and loving followed by his endearing words yet the tear rolling down his lightly stubbled cheek told her more than all those things combined.

"I….... " Alex didn't finish her sentence; the following words she wanted to express caught in her throat. She swallowed hard, her brandy eyes looking down while doing so, then slowly they lifted to gaze purposefully into his caring baby blues. "I love you too," she said, the words coming out almost in a whisper, but out they finally came.

[member="Damon Riggs"]

When Riggs finally heard the words he had been waiting over a year to hear, he got very nervous on the inside. It wasn't that he was scared of those words. Riggs knew deep down Russo meant them. She had been ready to tell him exactly that in his ready room on that fateful day when they had been separated. His blue gaze never left her brandy colored eyes. A smile gracefully stretched across his face as he licked his suddenly dry lips. After one quick, but deep, breath Riggs spoke.

"I know," he said softly. "I've always known."

Damon kissed her again, soft, yet passionate. There was nothing that could ruin this weeknd now. One kiss led to another, and to another, until Riggs had picked Russo up and carried her in his arms back into the room. He set her on the bed gently, lips pressed to hers the whole time. Hands tugged at the hem of her tank top as the two made out like a pair of teenagers. The relationship between the two had been physical for some time, but Russo had never been fully intimate, at least not in the way true lovers were. Her walls had come down a bit, but now Riggs new with her verbal admission, the walls were down completely.

Damon paused a moment as he looked at the chronometer on the night stand to the right of the bed. There was plenty of time before they had to worry about dinner, still, there was so much to do and to see. Their stay wasn't a long one, and now Riggs almost felt it wouldn't be long enough. Either hand was planted in the bed on either side of Russo, knees the same, as Riggs held himself above her, looking down.

"You in a hurry to see anything before dinner, or you wanna stay here til then," he asked with a certain smirk. Though before she could answer, he stole one more kiss before giving her time do so.

For the first time since that fateful day in space a year ago that changed so many lives forever, Russo's mind, body, and heart were all in the same place at the same time. So when the Coruscanti picked Alex up and carried her over to the bed, she was ready to receive Riggs' love fully and return it equally.

This is for you, Gus… and me.

"Stay," the brandy-eyed brunette replied with a soft smile lingering upon her kiss-swollen lips, then she gazed up at the dark-haired Captain through long, dark lashes with every bit of want and desire she always held for him, but there was definitely something else… love.

"Make love to me, Damon."

[member="Damon Riggs"]

Love. It was something no one could truly ever describe or grasp. Many tried, but no words could ever paint an accurate picture of what it really was. Riggs said nothing when Russo asked him to make love to her. Instead he just started to kiss her again. He was deliberate, slow, in how he gave her his full attention. He had never viewed their previous encounters as something he could get from her. Rather Riggs was always attentive to Russo's needs and desires. This time though he was more than intentional at giving her pleasure, love. Love meant she came first, this moment was more about her, and them, than it was about Riggs.

Time seemed to stand still and rush past all at the same time. In what seemed to be forever and just a moment, Riggs found himself on his back, holding Russo in both arms as secure as he could. His forehead was placed against hers as they continued to kiss, still not parting from each other despite the fact the moment had passed. Fingers ran through her sunkissed, chocolate tresses, still no words to ruin the moment by saying anything. What could he say that he had not just expressed. He knew the silence would soon be awkward, so words finally came.

"I love you, [member="Alexandra Russo"]."

Russo finally let all the hurts and pains of her past go, letting the love Riggs had for her glue the Taanabian's shattered heart back together once again. There were moments where she thought it was merely a dream, but reality proved it to be oh so true as the sensations were all too real.

Still fully embraced in Damon's arms, tears flowed. They were of joy, but tears none the less. The normally stoic former Flight Commander couldn't help herself. Alex smiled at her partner's admission. Course, she already knew he did, but to hear those three little words and her name together in this moment… Well it melted her.

"I love you too, [member="Damon Riggs"]. I never thought this day would come for me… but I am so happy it did, more than you'll ever know. I am free to live once again."

Damon kissed her again, deeply. There was nothing really more to say. Speaking what they both really felt had been a long time coming since that fateful day. Riggs was all Russo had left in the galaxy, and she was the only that really mattered to him. Sure his parents were still living, but he truly had been ready to allow someone in to mess up his whole idea that a career fleeter could not be a good family man. Russo had made him rethink that over and over again, and the moment to tell her, it had been robbed, and year stollen from them before seeing each other again.

"I was going to tell you that day..." she knew what day he meant. "I've loved you for a long time Alex, and life, it's been hell, but I'd be dammed if I wasn't going to make my way back to you and say it to your face. From the first day we met, I haven't ever been able to get you out of mind. I'd go through all that hell again if it meant having you, like I do now."

Another kiss, and Damon was nowhere near wanting to get out of the bed. The more he kissed her, and the more he held her, the more he did not want to let her go. The Coruscanti fleeter finally had the woman of his dreams madly in love with him, and he wasn't about to let her go.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom